It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: Scientific Moron?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The Romney Unit recently attended a fundraiser in LA. During it he talked about how concerned he was when his wife's plane had to make a forced landing due to smoke in the cabin.
His comments included this statement, which made my jaw drop open:

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

(Here's the link to the story: www.latimes.com...)

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mitt Romney - possibly too stupid to breathe without instructions. Yes, of course you should be able to open the windows on planes! Makes perfect sense! Oh.... wait.....

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/24/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

This reminds me of what my dad said about a guy who wanted to date my sister.

"That guy would suffiate if breathing wasn't automatic".

I'd like to see him at an open window traveling 500 miles an hour at 30000 feet. He would think again about getting oxygen inside the cabin.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Just goes to show you why the United States of America and the rest of the world is screwed! Normal people are not qualified (monetarily) to be elected. Thus our choices are limited to elect silver spoon, wealthy, moronic criminals to represent us!

Grant you, we are all guilty of saying stupid things, but it is quite obvious lately, that those in charge are beyond being stupid!

When will we learn that by allowing those in charge to TELL US who we can elect is not a choice at all, and when we wake up to the fact that those in charge will NEVER give up the power that they are so in love with?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This is the same reason he saw no issue with traveling with his dog strapped to the top of his car.

Wind resistance and air pressure don't exist in Romney's world.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
The Romney Unit recently attended a fundraiser in LA. During it he talked about how concerned he was when his wife's plane had to make a forced landing due to smoke in the cabin.

“ and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mitt Romney - possibly too stupid to breathe without instructions. Yes, of course you should be able to open the windows on planes! Makes perfect sense! Oh.... wait.....

Now imagine him piloting an economy with 300 Million Americans depending on him....An economy that his idealogical predecessor sent into a nosedive...which President Obama pulled out of...and now Mittens wants to rush the cockpit and has some "good ideas"...why not just open a window on the plane?

edit on 24-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Now imagine him piloting an economy with 300 Million Americans depending on him....An economy that his idealogical predecessor sent into a nosedive...which President Obama pulled out of...and now Mittens has some "good ideas"...why not just open a window on the plane?

Yes, it is terrifying. I have this mental image of The Romney Unit sitting at a desk in the White House and then saying "What does this big red button do? Summon a minion? Let's see what happens if I press it...." just before Moscow gets nuked off the face of the Earth...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Maybe if he was raised with planes and not just money, he might know that the integrity of the cabin pressure by opening a freaking window, would not bode well for the passengers......

Future president?? My lord I hope not

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Romney as Commander In Chief:

We need screen doors on these submarines!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OMG.

Well we know why he wasn’t worried about the fire.

MAGIC UNDERWARE.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

This is the same reason he saw no issue with traveling with his dog strapped to the top of his car.

That story enraged me, and utterly horrified my wife. It's unimaginably cruel to do that to a dog - but that asshole thinks that it's a funny story!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Romney as Commander In Chief:

We need screen doors on these submarines!

I thought he already had a balcony cabin reserved??

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

Something tells me this was part of a conversation and some parts are missing, which makes stuff appear out of context. I'm not sure he was suggesting putting operating windows in a commercial jet.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hysterical isn't it? it puts him in sync with the rest of his science-denying, ignorance glorifying followers. Much akin to:

- Hurricanes are God's punishment for liberals.
- Rape and pregnancy..."the female body has a way of shutting that whole thing down."
- Evolution? What evolution?
- Teaching critical thinking is a threat to children.
- Climate change? It's a vast left wing conspiracy, but gosh, aren't these droughts, storms and blizzards weird?
- The earth is 6,000 years old.
- Homosexuality is a lifestyle.

And though this is not a science dig, it sure shows the astounding inability of the Right to reason:
Obama is a Muslim...follower of the radical left wing Christian pastor Rev. Wright

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No, just a moron in general I think. Not more so than Obama though, two puppets tugged on by the same strings, doesn't really matter what they think because corporations and banks control the country, not politicians.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Stupid! Mitt Romney is a genius!
Are you serious about this? It was obviously a joking story and an isolated incident.
Romney knows how to handle the economy. He'll be the greatest POTUS ever.
Christ himself would vote for Mitt.
All liberals are idiots and freeloaders.
Satan is Barack Obama.
These types of quotes are always taken out of context.
Issac Newton himself is no better scientist than Romney!
Criticism like this is a sign of delusions.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
47% of Americans might not pay Federal Income Tax...but 99% of Americans sure-as-shinola know why you can't roll down the window on an airliner...

Just in case anyone thought Donald Trump was the lone example proving wealth does not automatically equate to intelligence.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reading some of the replies, I see there are people who think a guy that can make hundreds of millions of dollars for himself and his investors, is somehow an unintelligent idiot. The guy has degrees from Stanford, Brigham Young, Harvard Law and Harvard Business School, and he rescued an Olympic Games that was going down the toilet. Yeah he's a moron.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Something tells me this was part of a conversation and some parts are missing, which makes stuff appear out of context. I'm not sure he was suggesting putting operating windows in a commercial jet.

Keep holding on to that thought....MUST...VOTE...ROMNEY....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Reading some of the replies, I see there are people who think a guy that can make hundreds of millions of dollars for himself and his investors, is somehow an unintelligent idiot. The guy has degrees from Stanford, Brigham Young, Harvard Law and Harvard Business School, and he rescued an Olympic Games that was going down the toilet. Yeah he's a moron.

So if you do something stupid, you can say "Nuh-uh! I went to college!" and be exonerated?

So now education is the same as money? If you have enough, you can do no wrong?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

and he rescued an Olympic Games that was going down the toilet.

What exactly are you talking about? How did he rescue the Olympic Games? That is a new one for me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join