It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look into the Taxil Hoax.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In poking around, I found a particular quote that puts the whole anti-masonry thing into context.
Unbelievably, it came from the greatest masonic Hoaxer of all time, Leo Taxil, AKA Dr. Bataille.

Taxil, for his part, had admitted in typical form:

"The public made me what I am; the arch-liar of the period," confessed Taxil, "for when I first commenced to write against the Masons my object was amusement pure and simple. The crimes I laid at their door were so grotesque, so impossible, so widely exaggerated, I thought everybody would see the joke and give me credit for originating a new line of humor. But my readers wouldn't have it so; they accepted my fables as gospel truth, and the more I lied for the purpose of showing that I lied, the more convinced became they that I was a paragon of veracity. "Then it dawned upon me that there was lots of money in being a Munchausen of the right kind, and for twelve years I gave it to them hot and strong, but never too hot. When inditing such slush as the story of the devil snake who wrote prophecies on Diana's back with the end of his tail, I sometimes said to myself: 'Hold on, you are going too far,' but I didn't. My readers even took kindly to the yarn of the devil who, in order to marry a Mason, transformed himself into a crocodile, and, despite the masquerade, played the piano wonderfully well. "One day when lecturing at Lille, I told my audience that I had just had an apparition of Nautilus, the most daring affront on human credulity I had so far risked. But my hearers never turned a hair. 'Hear ye, the doctor has seen Nautulius,' they said with admiring glances. Of course no one had a clear idea of who Nautilus was I didn't myself but they assumed that he was a devil. Ah, the jolly evenings I spent with my fellow authors hatching out new plots, new, unheard of perversions of truth and logic, each trying to outdo the other in organized mystification. I thought I would kill myself laughing at some of the things proposed, but everything went; there is no limit to human stupidity."

link to source

It just makes me wonder how many others have read this, and are currently riding on the coat tails of history.

As with the tootsie pop, the world may never know.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
In poking around, I found a particular quote that puts the whole anti-masonry thing into context.
Unbelievably, it came from the greatest masonic Hoaxer of all time, Leo Taxil, AKA Dr. Bataille.

Former Above Top Secret poster Terry Melanson (a.k.a. fire-in-the-minds-of-men) posted an excellent article on his site about this topic. He uses his typically thorough and annotated research to debunk the entire Taxil episode which encompasses the Pike/Manzzini letter as well. It is absolutely worth a read.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I started studying a lot of the different conspiracy theories and then I started running into the really kooky ones. Bob Shea and I used to go out for drinks every Friday evening after work and solve all of the problems of the world over a few Bloody Marys. We were talking about all of these kooky conspiracy theories and Shea said, "Why don't we write a book about all the craziest conspiracy theories." And eventually the Illuminatus trilogy developed out of that.
—Robert Anton Wilson, source

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

When you have problems, there are two approaches. One is to try to solve the problem. The other is to find somebody to blame for it so you don't have to go to all the trouble of solving the problem. And with humans being largely a bunch of lazy bums, the second solution is much more popular. Don't try to fix the problem, find somebody to blame for it. That is why there are so many totally nutty conspiracy theories floating around.
—Robert Anton Wilson, source

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
reply to post by network dude

Masons should "square their actions by the square of virtue" and to learn to "circumscribe their desires and keep their passions within due bounds toward all mankind."

Do you need to join a fraternity to do good ? Really ?
The author is mostly unknown I bet, however, his ideas turn into investigations and flaws were found.

For a society that "do good towards mankind" but have secrets certainly have a lot to explain.
I bet the keyword is "manipulation".

I'm doing good to mankind, and I dont need fraternity or any society to do it.

Nope, you certainly don't need masonry go be a good person. Some folks do enjoy it, and luckily for all of us, God gave us free will so those that don't like it, don't have to join!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

For a society that "do good towards mankind" but have secrets certainly have a lot to explain.

What did your little rant have to do with the Taxil Hoax which is the thread topic?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The link in the OP is to Terry's online expose' of the Pike Manzini thing. I just got a good belly laugh out of that paragraph and wanted to share it with ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

What did your little rant have to do with the Taxil Hoax which is the thread topic?

Oh nothing, just this, conveniently written above the text.

The author is mostly unknown I bet, however, his ideas turn into investigations and flaws were found.

Anyway, thank god to free will, or else I have to join some other bogus society.

"We Masons are among the fortunate ones who are taught to meet together with others opposing or competitive ideas and yet respect each other as Brothers."

The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Thanks Taxil for your hoaxes.
(NullVoid last seen chickenly running away from the topic) - Bye!
edit on 24-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
taxil being a hoaxer aside,
will they deny the existence of the anti-brotherhood: the seekers of the hylic grail of matter ?

in addition i'm loling hard at the member masons or is that [mason members?]
going to the extent [or extremity] of additionally denying the existence of Illuminati.

it's like they slipped on a metaphysical banana peel

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The link in the OP is to Terry's online expose' of the Pike Manzini thing. I just got a good belly laugh out of that paragraph and wanted to share it with ATS.

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

belly laugh ?

more like a villainous cackle methinks,
looks like a perfectly apt description of current events to me, so let me get this straight in the face of the above you baldly deny the existence of a conspiracy?
and the Nihilists and the atheists have certainly been unleashed,OP, after all are you not of the agentur of that particular group?
i myself find them particularly galling, having to continually point out their pin-hole view of existence, and their sophistries...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
looks like a perfectly apt description of current events to me, so let me get this straight in the face of the above you baldly deny the existence of a conspiracy?
No, we're denying that Albert Pike, a prominent Mason, wrote that in the 1800s. We're saying that someone in the 1950s wrote it, after WWII, and tried to make the Masons look bad by falsely attributing it to Pike.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

kind of you to reply [but then again you're not as stuffy as other masons, and able to appreciate the odd fnord or 3]

yes it would seem so given op's source link
but whether pike wrote it or not
[OP's reputation for debunking, being, frankly, meh]
or it's origin lies in "pawns of the game"

it does seem to be going according to plan

and you're position re 1-the Anti-brotherhood and
2-the existence of Illuminati?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Taxil's recantation was accomplished through the fear of the agents of GAOTU. He was either co-opted by being invited to the boys-only ritual orgy of Solomon's demon incantation or "flipped' out of fear of GAOTU and chickened out.

Seriously, though, the letter was pretty impressive and detailed.And it is true that any truth proffered against powerful conspiracies always meet with the machinations of consummate and well-practiced disinfo agents.

I jest, somewhat, in the first paragraph, but it's not without historical precedent in regards whistleblowers in any conspiracy---I'm sure you would admit.

Plus: Are we dealing with good ol' boy frat members here, or do any of all y'all practice meta-physical freemasonry?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

The Illuminati was very real. They just don't exist anymore other than to be a mystical scapegoat to those who don't have the testicular fortitude to accept responsibilities for their own faults. The original meaning of what the Illuminati stood for has been mangled and raped to a point of nonrecognition. Even a complete idiot can see it here, they are at fault for everything from chemtrails to Obama's golf swing. Hell, they almost have as much world dominating power as those pesky masons!

Don't let "them" get you! Muahahahahahahaha!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I think you are missing the point greatly. The guy who wrote this admitted it was a hoax. Not only did he admit it was a hoax, he even laughed about how stupid people were for buying into it. Then again, maybe you didn't miss anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

kind of you to reply [but then again you're not as stuffy as other masons, and able to appreciate the odd fnord or 3]
Zoom in on my user pic if you're up to a real fright...

yes it would seem so given op's source link
but whether pike wrote it or not
[OP's reputation for debunking, being, frankly, meh]
or it's origin lies in "pawns of the game"
it does seem to be going according to plan
It's much easier to ascribe a similarity to events that have already occurred than it is to make predictions that come true 100 years later, would you agree? So really it does matter. If Pike wrote it, then it shows there was a plan. If Carr wrote it, it means he recognized a pattern of events after the fact, cherry-picked his facts, and made a theory that could not be easily shown wrong if you only looked at it through his lens, ignoring the rest of the world's affairs.

Ignore Network Dude's successes or failures, his source for this thread is Terry Menalson who is no friend of Masons, and has nothing to gain by proving this hoax. His research is sound, and his book on the Bavarian Illuminati is unprecedented in its historical scope, going back to authentic personal letters and correspondence between the players at the time.

and you're position re 1-the Anti-brotherhood and
2-the existence of Illuminati?
The Bavarian Illuminati was formed in 1776 and disolved about 10 years later. They believed in deposing tyrants and thought the Catholic church had too much power. So they were destroyed by a king and demonized by the church, a fate that is familiar to any who know the history of the Templars. The Illuminati weren't bad guys. They were just a bunch of proto-anarchists who wanted to stir things up in the enlightenment era and failed. Now the word is used by conspiracy theorists as the boogey man under your bed.
edit on 2012.9.25 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

belly laugh ?
i myself find them particularly galling, having to continually point out their pin-hole view of existence, and their sophistries...

Thanks, its getting clearer now.
Thanks Taxil for such revealing joke, I shall pirate the book, propagate and quote it from time to time for future generations.

For a person that live a long time ago the revealing and informing us whats in store, he is a very good prophecy maker. Hes better than Nostradamus, kudos to him if its a prophecy which I think hes not.

Thanks to op, you make another guy wisdom reaching to new height, too bad, it scarred what you love.

I did ran away from the topic, but it doesnt mean I quit looking, and I found gem!
Thanks DerepentLEstranger

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You certainly did find a gem NullVoid. Britany rocks doesn't she? She's awesome! All 2.5"x 3" of her. (!)

And that long blonde hair is just icing on the cake.

top topics

join