It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Demon Pretended to Be an Alien

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

Yes, demons exist but they only prey on those with weak souls. What do you think voodoo is?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The concept of demons taking over and feelings of not being alone are alikened to a normal psychologcial state of mind. We have all experienced 'the horrors' where you are walking home at night and keep thinking you can hear someone behind you or been in bed and heard a noise and felt vulnerable. This and 99.9% of cases like this when you logically look at them can be attributed to a fear and an active imagination. n this case you have just been thinking about something and you then are alone in your room a fear from an expectation of someone looking through a window (a common thing that most people find themselves thinking due to the fact its human nature to look through windows and most horror/scifi films show these type of scenes) then is doubled by the fact your imagination goes back to your thoughts regarding aliens and demons and away goes the imagination.

Good examples of how stong imagination can be are shown by studies in athletes where they imagined an event such as taking a penalty kick in soccer and scoring, they reported emotions expected such as relief and ephuoria and physiologically the body reacted with endorphin release and adrenalin release, the players could feel things like the hairs raising on their neck etc.. If this is possible by just imagination alone imagine that combined with fear

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattholl
The concept of demons taking over and feelings of not being alone are alikened to a normal psychologcial state of mind. We have all experienced 'the horrors' where you are walking home at night and keep thinking you can hear someone behind you or been in bed and heard a noise and felt vulnerable. This and 99.9% of cases like this when you logically look at them can be attributed to a fear and an active imagination. n this case you have just been thinking about something and you then are alone in your room a fear from an expectation of someone looking through a window (a common thing that most people find themselves thinking due to the fact its human nature to look through windows and most horror/scifi films show these type of scenes) then is doubled by the fact your imagination goes back to your thoughts regarding aliens and demons and away goes the imagination.

That is patently not true. This entity was as real as a charging grizzly bear.

There is no way it was just imagination.
edit on 9/26/12 by Zane Zackerly because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by etoibmys

Yes, demons exist but they only prey on those with weak souls. What do you think voodoo is?

That's a horrible thing to say and the reason why religion is the real evil in this world. It sets up its believers to exalt themselves over others.

Demons and all that nonsense is a fairy tale - all of it. Religion is a coping mechanism, a scape goat and a rule by fear mechanism.

Ever heard of the Placebo Effect and the self-fulfilling prophecy? If not, look it up.
edit on 26-9-2012 by kisharninmah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly

That is patently not true. This entity was as real as a charging grizzly bear.

There is no way it was just imagination.
edit on 9/26/12 by Zane Zackerly because: spelling error

Thats just it, it wasnt as real as a grizzly bear because there was visibly nothin there. Why would a demon you cant see, pretend to be an alien you cant see? Why would it not pretend to be something you can see? surely that would be the ultimate cover? Imagination going wild from someone too proud to admit they had a moment of experiencing fear irrationally

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kisharninmah

Originally posted by etoibmys

That's a horrible thing to say and the reason why religion is the real evil in this world. It sets up its believers to exalt themselves over others.

Demons and all that nonsense is a fairy tale - all of it. Religion is a coping mechanism, a scape goat and a rule by fear mechanism.

Ever heard of the Placebo Effect and the self-fulfilling prophecy? If not, look it up.

Religion is a control mechanism for the masses, run by people of ignornace beyound belief. Science and everything we as a race have proven contradicts all religion. And from all the creation stories how is god making a man rise from the dead anymore believable than giants legends in norse myth or any other unbelieveable fairy story

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Science and everything we as a race have proven contradicts all religion.

Sorry, but this is a lie.

Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Yeah, science has proven this wrong, not confirmed it, huh?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Religion is a control mechanism for the masses, run by people of ignornace beyound belief. Science and everything we as a race have proven contradicts all religion. And from all the creation stories how is god making a man rise from the dead anymore believable than giants legends in norse myth or any other unbelieveable fairy story

These attacks on religion are getting old and starting to sound like a bunch of "me too" posts.

What I experienced was real. I guarantee you I could pass any polygraph test and I would swear in court that what I experienced was not my imagination.

I hate using condescening language like "you weren't there", but ultimately that is the case.

A person who has not experienced it probably cannot fully appreciate the experience.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

this is just the point though experiences can seem real fear changes perception and makes dangers irrationally large. Take people who have phobias of minor things such as sunflowers, etc... to them in their mind there is a genuine danger and they react to it irrationally, like they were immediately in danger, when in the cold light of day and rational thinking there is no danger at all. what you are claiming makes no sense even on here, and sounds like someone reacting irrationally in a situation where something triggered fear and and irrational reaction

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

These attacks on religion are getting old and starting to sound like a bunch of "me too" posts.

What I experienced was real. I guarantee you I could pass any polygraph test and I would swear in court that what I experienced was not my imagination.

I hate using condescening language like "you weren't there", but ultimately that is the case.

A person who has not experienced it probably cannot fully appreciate the experience.

I think that works both ways. I wasn't trying to be condescending. I didn't like what that poster said about weaker souls so I reacted. Mental illness is a tragic thing and for someone to belittle it by saying it is demons attacking a "weaker" soul pisses me off. And yes, most of this is stuff is in the mind!

I'm not discounting your experience. I think there is genuinely some interesting currently unexplainable things. AND --> I wasn't even responding to you. I've had weird # happen to me too. But there is something to be said about looking at something from ALL angles. You could have misinterpreted what happened.

So take a chill pill and find out what I meant before pouncing.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

this is just the point though experiences can seem real fear changes perception and makes dangers irrationally large. Take people who have phobias of minor things such as sunflowers, etc... to them in their mind there is a genuine danger and they react to it irrationally, like they were immediately in danger, when in the cold light of day and rational thinking there is no danger at all. what you are claiming makes no sense even on here, and sounds like someone reacting irrationally in a situation where something triggered fear and and irrational reaction

I mentioned something similar in a previous comment to the op. But that gets ignored. I think because it's just not that interesting to the people who desire it to be more fantastical. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I posted back on page 7 my experience which was very similar to yours. No one can tell me what I experienced wasn't real. I know it was.

The one major difference between my experience and yours is that you relate your experience to a biblical demon and yours ended by calling upon Jesus. I relate mine to an unknown pure evil entity and I did not call on anyone or anything to get this 'thing' to stop. It stopped on it's own.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So take a chill pill and find out what I meant before pouncing

I was responding to mattholl, not you

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

in relation to religion discussions and all the believers quoting scripture, please explain to me how the dinosaurs fit into your creation story. If god created the earth and the world and put man on it, what were the dinosaurs? jigsaws for us to find? How does it explain the whole universe as god created humans on earth why build an entire universe if we are the only people in it? There is no mention of the various ice ages that the planet has undergone.

All religions are ways to control people. Its a human saying "do what i say", the masses saying "why should we?"
and the human saying" because.....god told me this is how we should all act". It just so happens it was a man who was told the rules in nearly all religion and it has always just happened that religion favours males and is setup to benefit men. In fact the more you go into religion the more corrupt and based on lies it appears

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Science and everything we as a race have proven contradicts all religion.

Sorry, but this is a lie.

Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Yeah, science has proven this wrong, not confirmed it, huh?

I agree that science doesn't disprove God or religion.

Science is the ultimate agnostic, rational and logical. The existence of God cannot be proved or disproved.

However, my feelings on religion still stands. It is a coping mechanism at it's best, a scape goat and a ruling mechanism at its worst.

And quoting the bible means absolutely nothing, only to you because you believe (and to others who believe in the bible). I don't know why people do that. It never changes anyone's mind; it just adds fuel to the flame. Even though I feel that way, I would not say that God doesn't exist (or exist for that matter).

Science and the scientific method is greatly misunderstood by most people. There doesn't need to be an enmity between them.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

in relation to religion discussions and all the believers quoting scripture, please explain to me how the dinosaurs fit into your creation story. If god created the earth and the world and put man on it, what were the dinosaurs? jigsaws for us to find? How does it explain the whole universe as god created humans on earth why build an entire universe if we are the only people in it? There is no mention of the various ice ages that the planet has undergone.

All religions are ways to control people. Its a human saying "do what i say", the masses saying "why should we?"
and the human saying" because.....god told me this is how we should all act". It just so happens it was a man who was told the rules in nearly all religion and it has always just happened that religion favours males and is setup to benefit men. In fact the more you go into religion the more corrupt and based on lies it appears

I don't think anyone has all the answers. A lot of that is a subject for other threads.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So take a chill pill and find out what I meant before pouncing

I was responding to mattholl, not you

Lol, oh. So maybe I need to take a chill pill and find out what you meant before I pounce. Sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Cute and quaint story.
Well written.

but honestly, when discussing this type of thing, once one specific leader in the Christian pseudo-eschatology community comes up with an idea, and others follow... is it unorthodox to question that new belief?

seeeeems so.

how do christians fit in the whole false flag alien invasion in to all this...

ie: Nazi's from antarctica \ the moon invading with genetically engineered humans that look like aliens...

do we go through THAT deception...
THEN after it we get invaded by "real" aliens.. but no these aliens are not "real" they are "demons" who aren't "aliens" they just use that english word to disguise where they're from....

man makes my head spin.. shows how stupid fundamental christian speculation is.

which one's the deception?? gotta pick ONE man!

are you going to get hung up with semantics? really? what the hell would make a human any different than an alien? what makes a human different than a demon?
what makes a demon different than an alien???

human = homo sapien (supposedly) from planet earth
extra-terrestrial alien (space alien) = species from a different planet
demon = spiritually malevolent entity.

hey OP.. can a demon be all 3 rolled up in one? or can they at least be spiritually malevolent entities from another planet?? or what about spiritually malevolent entities from earth?

this whole.... "aliens are really demons". nod nod yup uhuh.. type attitude reminds me of the people on this planet that hold the lowest IQ levels.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am not discounting your experience either, OP, byt why didn't say the magick word "Jesus" and disappear that demon/alien you saw? Most all of the Christians in ATS swear this method works every time. Or, why not do what a Wiccan would do is they say something sinister, hold up a pentagram, and chase him away? Fear is a powerful thing, friend, and I can see in your words the pure hatred you have for me, and anyone not in your cult.

And for the record, I do not hate anyone, in fact, my religion demands that I love everyone, no matter what they do, or what they are, or what they believe. I do not, however, have to like everyone, and I like very few of the human population.

I do have issues with the Church, for they have forever perverted the words of the Wise Rabbi, and the Church made up a Jesus to fit their agenda, which was control. I am working on a thread about the three Jesus's in history, and how the real one has been forgotten by most all people.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kisharninmah

great minds and all that. a lot of people on ATS are total fantasists a love a good chance to talk the unbelieveable. I can believe governments are corrupt, i can believe we are not alone in the universe, i can believe there are things in the universe i will never understand how ever i cannot believe that a creature which doesnt exist in the realm of the living pretended to be an invisible alien to scare someone then aftergoing to all that effort then just decided to move on. some people will do anything to explain fear as something other than their mind playng tricks

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join