It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come, hear a tale of a tomb under a mountain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here is my story.

My dad casually surprised me when he took me to a tomb deep within a cave complex when I was a small child, I estimate maybe when I was about 3-5 years old. It was likely on private property, and not much was said. There were no signs, handshakes, or men with funny hats anywhere.No signs or safety rails were installed, and there was not a single sign of human life, anywhere.We had hiked for an unknown amount of time; ducking in and out of similar looking cave tunnels going in circles, it seemed, on the way there. I had lost all sense of direction, which may have been the point. But, after walking briskly though this labyrinth, I beheld that there was not a trail leading into the next tunnel.

Just like any other cave hike with my dad, except for the labyrinth, the tomb and those old bones. But, at this point, I had no clue about why we were there. But as we left the last tunnel/cave where the trail suddenly ended, I noticed there was a unnatural stillness in the air; and also grass growing on the floor! - but only in this deepest gallery of the cave. I said something like, "are we close?" and my dad said "yeah.", all reassuring and quiet like.

As we approached the gentle slope leading to this tunnel mouth, there was an odd stillness and lack of sound or wind. My dad was in no hurry, now, even though we had hiked quite briskly the whole way there. My dad hung back at first, and let me go ahead to the cave. I had seen many caves by that point, so I had no fear.
As I get close to the mouth, I hear a sound. Not one tone, but several, in an odd harmony. Quiet as the wind, though. A whooshing/humming sound, with a wavering sound like a detuned am radio looking for a station. As I entered the cave I felt the sound, like when you are near a huge speaker at the right frequency. I was not bothered at all. Oddly, the case was suspended on poles, so that I could not see inside.
My dad joined me at this point. I was buzzing with curiosity. "How can I feel the sound when it is so quiet?", I was thinking. My dad lifted me up with no ceremony, and I looked into this deep display case. The head looked like a beachball was inside it, shape-wise. The thighbone was long and out of proportion for how thin it was. The "pressure" of the sound was very intense, as was the "sound". But after my eyes touched the bone, the sound suddenly went "clear" the whooshing sounds had resolved to a clear whooshing hum of a whole spectrum of sound in the barely audible bass range, I could just feel this sound blow through me. He asks me what I "thought of it." I say something dumb, like "wow cool" but I don't feel excited. I had totally forgotten how quiet and solemn the last part of the hike was. This sound just felt realer than real. My dad seemed surprised that I was so calm and in my element. Then we simply went home. The whole thing was so *casual*.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil33

So since then, have you asked your dad where it was he took you, and why?

Have you discussed this occasion with him at all since? What did you ask him, and what did he say?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If you had children would you take them?

Also, would it ever be possible to provide pictures if you return?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
An intro thread should tell us something about you. Some interests that you might have in common with the rest of the membership.

After twenty posts you will be able to share this story with the rest of us, and discuss it.

edit on 9/25/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil33

You never actually described what the tomb looked like, just described hyperspecific details of it. I gather that there was a bone and a head and a case, but that's all we know about the scene from what you've told us.

What kind of lights were you guys using? You say you saw grass in the one gallery -- was it growing there or cut and left there? What color was it? What did the case look like? What was it made of -- wood, metal, stone, glass, plastic? When you mention your eyes touching the bone, I'm assuming you're speaking figuratively and just looked at it, or did you actually touch it? What geographical area was this? Approximately what year was this (we know how old you were when it happened but not how old you are now)?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Reopened so that we can explore this story

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sigil33

Come on OP, I'm looking forward to hearing more of your story

And welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't mean to attack your father however, please consider the following.

It is quite possible that your father has actually murdered someone and has put the body where he showed it to you. This could be a shrine or sorts, with the grass around the body being his own addition. The sounds you hear can be natural - wind etc, though I am not sure why it goes clear when you see the bone; may just be coincidence.

Your father asking you what you think of it is a direct display of his attitude towards the corpse in other forms. The grass addition leads me to believe that your father disrespects the corpse (body/tomb). Why? Because normally bodies are buried under the ground. In this case, grass was grown, and the case of sorts is actually held above the ground in the air by poles. It is a direct attack against the normal burial wishes of many cultures!
> Your father asked you what you thought and your reply was not of surprise. It was casual. Either he wished to be praised, or you to be interested, and thus he was disappointed/sad and so you went straight home.... OR he was happy that you were fine with it and not scared and thus was able to remain casual and happy.

His methods of not letting you know where you are by confusing you with multiple directions etc is also quite supportive of my your father killed someone theory.

You should be aware that your father has perhaps killed someone. If I were you I would suggest taking the DNA into the police if you ever go back.
Either your father will get arrested or you will solve a mystery.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join