It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right Wing Echo Chamber

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I directed this thread to those within the "echo chamber". That does not include all Republicans, as there is a large portion of disgruntled Republicans such as myself.

One of the reasons we feel the way we do is that instead of the hard Right taking their lumps and accepting it and working to become much more open to other people, they have alienated themselves all in an effort to sterilize the party and their agenda.

Also, I disagree that the left is as bad as the hard right. You may disagree with their personal politics at MSNBC, but Maddow has a reputation of being fair, factual and has the ability to discuss what she wants any way she wants. The network does not dictate agenda from above. Fox News and talk radio DOES!

They have a nice little memo that is emailed or faxed out everyday so that the hosts, guests and the rest know what to talk about and how to word it so as to be in unison. It is also emailed to members of congress, governors and state legislatures. How do I know? I'm lucky enough to get one each day.

I have never seen the left do that.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No Kali! Don't let em know that Liberalism and progressives are ok and is part of the Republican paradigm as well!

Nooooooo!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Well they aren't going to learn it from breitbart.com.

ETA I'm sorry for bringing satire in your thread, it's a great OP and I applaud your honesty, I really do. I just can't help myself sometimes when I see such ridiculous responses. Much like you are so disappointed with Republicans, I am with Democrats and not just the elected/appointed ones... the voters, those in denial or worse in compliance. What I see with both parties is a complete sell out to 'Capitalism'. What I see from the Republican party these days is zealotry, zionism, ultra-conservativism, nationalism, fascism (well both party's there), racism, sexism, delusion and hypocrisy (both party's there too).

In other words I see a bunch of scared little white boy Christian and Zionist bullies that sense their dominance is truly coming to an end, demographically speaking this group is dwindling and everything else growing. They will try with everything they have to hang on to their power.

Goodbye good ole boys, we won't miss you one little bit.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by jibeho
Oh the irony!!!! Rachel Maddow, the self professed queen of progressive propaganda on MSNBC, is calling out the right wing Echo Chamber. She must be tone deaf...

Welcome to Bizarro World... Up is down, left is right, right is wrong, left is right.... The spin is out of control....

I challenge you to post one dishonest thing she has ever said. Just one. I don't expect you will because all the Right knows how to do is lie and label; they are repulsively and reflexively intellectually dishonest and unable to provide factual retort. Their debate tactic is nothing more than gang-style thuggery. It is why history will reject them and their ilk in the same vein as McCarthy's followers.

Are you sure you can defend Madcow??

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

newsbusters.org...

newsbusters.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

HAHA

You try to make the case that MSNBC is biased and yet you post a video in which MSNBC corrects itself?

Never seen that happen on Fox!

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

after being caught.. Fox has eaten its share of humble pie over the years as well... They all have... Don't try to polish the giant turd that is solely comprised of liberal bias and collusion in the MSM. That turd don't shine... One sole network Fox News floats on its own in sea of no cares by their counterparts... The majority are clearly aware of it....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yeah Msnbc is biased

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well I disagree that MSNBC has a liberal bias that compares to the hard Right and Fox News.

But you go one thing right....Fox is out to sea and no one cares.

reply to post by neo96

Ok, lets say they are biased. Now can you prove that they employ the same tactics as Fox and the hard right? Do their viewers regurgitate lie after lie even after it has been proven to be a lie?

There is a big difference and I can't believe that I have to sit here and explain this to grown adults! Let it go man! It's time to recognize the world we live in and its not 1948!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"Kool-Aid induced coma's"...
Really Neo?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It's their counterparts who do not care about the truth. They know the truth.. they just have a problem conveying the truth to their viewers. Silly!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
look, even being a liberal, i know there are damn good republicans out there, that want to see this country succeed, without destroying the safety nets america has set up, or for that matter paying taxes if you are financially successful....however, they do not have a voice right now. they are shouted over by extremists in their own party. and with that said, there is alot of us liberals that WANT to get spending under control, and NOT run up the debt, or, have over half our income taken by the government in the form of taxes,...as with everything, there needs to be a balance, and it seems to me that there are alot of people out there deliberately trying to sabatoge this country. and i don't mean ONLY in this country...there are foriegn enemies out there that would love to see nothing better than for america to have it's own 2nd civil war, pitting american against american.

Agree. And if you want to reduce the debt, history shows empirically you should vote in a centrist democrat. Over the last 30+ years, debt explodes under Republican administrations.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I can agree to a certain extent and I'm sure that I will get flamed for this, but with all my dealings on this forum and in real life conversations, Democrats are much more receptive to opposing opinions and are more willing to change their opinion in the face of clear-cut evidence. As this video attempts to point out, the hard-Right tends to be an "island" in which it is cut-off from the outside world and anything other than accepted dogma and rhetoric is not allowed to penetrate their inner sanctum.

Nicely said... I also find the hard-right with their feet firmly planted in cement. There are some moderate republicans that don't dare run as a candidate because some of their views don't align themselves to the platform issues of the republican party. I find democrats argue more among themselves than republicans. To me that's a good thing. It shows there's more freedom to speak your own mind than following the party line.

A perfect example of a candidate being ostracized by their own party because of a different point of view is Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I will add Valerie Jarrett, Van Jones, anita Dunn, David Axelrod.... all communist

Jane fonda, Ted TurnerCass Sunstein, John Holdren, Bernadine Dohrn...all hard core left

Michelle and Barack....hard core left Marxist

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

oh extreme right.... pro family pro-life pro-defense, pro free market....yep I'm proud to be all those things.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

F&S for the OP! I couldn't agree with you more and if it doesn't change, the TP/GOP and their factless ideology will continue in their current death spiral all the way to the ground, never to be heard from again.

A good reputation is a hard thing to get back once you proven yourself to be a bald faced liar, but then what was it that Forrest Gump's mother told him? "Stupid is as stupid does?"

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by FlyersFan

I will add Valerie Jarrett, Van Jones, anita Dunn, David Axelrod.... all communist

Jane fonda, Ted TurnerCass Sunstein, John Holdren, Bernadine Dohrn...all hard core left

Michelle and Barack....hard core left Marxist

This is why you guys are going to lose the election.

When Medicare is a bellwether for Communism we have gone too far to the right.

My conservative grandparents would be considered commie these days, if the right
doesn't stop buying into it's own red meat propaganda, the whole group is gonna suffer.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by WeRpeons

oh extreme right.... pro family pro-life pro-defense, pro free market....yep I'm proud to be all those things.

You should be clear, don't you mean:

Pro family, as long as it looks like yours. So what does "pro-family" mean? It sounds as asinine as pro clean water. I can only assume you have a narrow Leave It To Beaver version family. Dad working, Mom in the kitchen, sissy wearing dresses and baking cupcakes, Jr. bullying all the quiet kids during recess.

Pro life? I'm pro-life, but also pro choice and don't think I've a right to legislate my beliefs on a woman's uterus and her family's tough decisions. Pro life? So do you support unprovoked war and the mass killing of innocent civilians..."collateral damage" in the sick euphemism of war? Do you support execution of criminals, despite data showing innocent people are killed and the system fails the poor who can't pay top dollar for legal representation? Do you give a crap about babies once they are born or are you like your peers who the second the baby leaves the womb you are screaming "welfare queen" or "baby momma" and railing against early childhood ed, lunch meals and healthcare. The Right wants to put a gun to the head of women to force birth, but then essentially want the baby tossed into the dumpster it is needs a penny in tax to support a healthy life.

Pro defense? You mean like ignorant chest thumping and funding defense more than $2 trillion than the generals want? You mean never serving chicken hawks starting unfunded wars and then voting down veterans care because it costs too much (this just happened again last week, what, FOX did not tell you)? You mean unrestrained defense spending more than nearly all other nations combined? You think Bush was "strong on defense"? Well, data proves you wrong. He codified immoral pre-emptive war, ignored Bin Laden, did not go after terrorists, left the soldiers in Afghanistan to rot. Meanwhile, Obama killed 2x the terrorists in 1/2 the time, called the shot to send the Seals after Bin Laden, etc. Can you defend your position or are you just like most on your side where your argument ends at the six grade sound bite?

Pro free market? You mean like trillions in corporate welfare give aways to big oil, defense, big ag, big pharma and big insurers? You mean too big to fail (both Bush and Obama for all these)? What does "free enterprise" mean to you? Do you even know what it really is?

Give us more than trite sound bites are expect to be called out by people with brains, you know, those that recognize facts and know FOX for what it is.

The Right. Big hypocrites and small minds.
edit on 24-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join