It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right Wing Echo Chamber

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
So, do you have an equally outrageous offending list of Left Wing lies?

You are getting all that Obama crap because he's in office. He's the top target.
When Bush43 was in office, the same kind of crap was being said about him.
Not that he was a muslim .. but other crap ... I remember reading these ...

Bush43 was AWOL from duty.
Bush43 was never actually in the military.
Bush43 was a drunkard in the White House. (I personally think he was medicated by Cheney)
Bush43 attacked Iraq because his fathers portrait was on the floor being walked on in Iraq.
Bush43 was a closet gay.
Bush43 was a satan worshipper.
Bush43 .. skull and bones .. killed a person for initiation
Bush43 uses satanic hand signals at parades and at meetings. (it was really the Texas longhorns)
Bush43 .. skull and bones .. occultist
Bush43 in allegiance with KKK
Bush43 had an affair with Condi Rice.
Laura Bush was a murderer (killed a boyfriend on purpose using a car)

Google 'em up ... you'll see it all .. like 10 years old ...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I did comment on the topic.

No you didn't. All you said was: "sounds just like hard core Left-Wing supporters."

Got your feelings hurt because I spoke the truth? Looks like it.

No, I recognized your tactic...which is just like a child saying "I know you are but what am I". Don't flatter yourself.

If you don't think that there is a strong right wing machine AND a strong left wing machine then you are a perfect example of what I was talking about. To use your words ... it's staring you right in the face and you refuse to see. The Soros machine. The Union machine. The ACORN machine. The Hollywood machine. The enviro-nuts blowing up car dealerships. The code pink whackos. The race baithers. MSNBC. CBS. etc etc. It's all there.

Wow. I really appreciate you posting this because it falls directly into the propaganda/BS that I was trying to explain in the OP.

Soros
Union
ACORN
Hollywood
Greenies
Code Pink
Racism
and.....
all MSM news agencies. Except FoxNews of course.

Can you not see that you fell for it? The very thing Rachel Maddow points out in the video, you have followed the program to a T.

Did you watch the video?

Now please explain to me how the left has done anything even close to what you have pointed out here. The extreme Right should be flattered because the Left tries to do it, but they fail badly.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Historically, I too have been a Republican, but that all changed in GW's term when he installed the Patriot Act, created the Dept of Homeland Security and with it the TSA and then exploded the debt as nearly EVERY Republican followed him lock step (ah, Ryan, the great budget hawk...my ass). My departure is now complete in watching the sad intellectual degradation of the party and its now pathological refusal to accept science and facts.

As for Rachel Maddow, only ignorant Right wingers can knock her and likely not a one of them has ever watched her show (another reason I detest the modern Right...they have no credibility, sort of like when my kids tell me they don't like something they've never tasted). Unlike other shows on MSNBC, she does not rely on pundits to fill air and she is respectful to ALL who come on to be interviewed, even always asking them if she got their introduction correctly. She has a humorous way and without bile of explaining connections you often will not find on any other show. She puts her PolySci Stanford Ph.D. to great use.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Unfortunately, I think that I have come to that crossroad you described. I may have to finally put my Republican badge away.

I have gone from a hardcore NeoCon myself and realized that I could not defend the ideology with truth or fact. I had to resort to lies and BS that everyone else knew was false, but I was in my own little world in which I could not be harmed.

That was some time ago and I now try to place myself at the front lines of fighting the infestation that is Neoconservatism. I was wrong and helped perpetuate it for too many years, so I try to earn my way back.

That being said, I really like Maddow because she is willing to admit when something is wrong...even her progressive cohorts. She uses straight facts and uses humor to do it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

New guy .. off topic personal attack (and dead wrong).
Go read the posting rules and try again.

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
All you said was: "sounds just like hard core Left-Wing supporters."

In direct response to your comment that is 'hard core right wing supporters'.
The two are same/same. My statement was accurate .. as you have proven.

Can you not see that you fell for it?

Right back atchya. Like I said .. you are giving a perfect example of what I said.
The blind far left and the blind far right = same/same.

Now please explain to me how the left has done anything even close to what you have pointed out here.

I already gave you a good solid list showing the far left machine which is equal to the far right machine. But .. to paraphrase your words from the first page ... you fail to see what is right in front of your eyes .. and you even excuse the far left machine saying it isn't a far left machine.

OUT

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Bush43 was AWOL from duty. Bush43 was never actually in the military. Bush43 was a drunkard in the White House. (I personally think he was medicated by Cheney) Bush43 attacked Iraq because his fathers portrait was on the floor being walked on in Iraq. Bush43 was a closet gay. Bush43 was a satan worshipper. Bush43 .. skull and bones .. killed a person for initiation Bush43 uses satanic hand signals at parades and at meetings. (it was really the Texas longhorns) Bush43 .. skull and bones .. occultist Bush43 in allegiance with KKK Bush43 had an affair with Condi Rice. Laura Bush was a murderer (killed a boyfriend on purpose using a car)

Except that very few believed that stuff, only the rare left wing conspiracy people. It is nothing ...NOTHING...like the modern Right where 37% can't even say Obama had more to do with Bin Laden's death than Romney, where over 40% of all Republicans think Obama is a Muslim (but also a follower of Rev Wright, a radical Christian preacher). And I do not recall elected official after elected official publicly espousing any of those views, yet on the Right another elected crazy says something insane every day. No, the modern Right owns the corner on lunacy.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I already gave you a good solid list showing the far left machine which is equal to the far right machine. But .. to paraphrase your words from the first page ... you fail to see what is right in front of your eyes .. and you even excuse the far left machine saying it isn't a far left machine.

The problem with your list is that there are misnomers and lies in it.

The entire ACORN deal....turned out to be completely BS and was a propaganda lie passed on by the Right.

Unions....nothing wrong with unions. It's a very small few that ruin their reputation.

Greenies, Code Pink, Hollywood and all that is just complete fodder. They are nothing more than politically involved groups of people that support the left more often then not and the Right has to demonize them.

Contrast that with the list Maddow discussed. ALL OF THEM WERE TRUE! There were no shady accusations or any long-shot claims. They were true.

So I think you may want to revise your list to include REAL cases that make the left look as bad as the Right. Not just propaganda that the Right told you to regurgitate.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by pajoly

Unfortunately, I think that I have come to that crossroad you described. I may have to finally put my Republican badge away.

I have gone from a hardcore NeoCon myself and realized that I could not defend the ideology with truth or fact. I had to resort to lies and BS that everyone else knew was false, but I was in my own little world in which I could not be harmed.

That was some time ago and I now try to place myself at the front lines of fighting the infestation that is Neoconservatism. I was wrong and helped perpetuate it for too many years, so I try to earn my way back.

That being said, I really like Maddow because she is willing to admit when something is wrong...even her progressive cohorts. She uses straight facts and uses humor to do it.

In the modern vernacular, "I feel you man." I'm a veteran. My flag stays clean and never touches the ground or flies in the dark.

But I am person with a great love for reason and decency, as well as a commitment to honesty and standards. Anyone who has read my posts knows I slam Obama on many things (NDAA, more Patriot Act, etc.). I detest double standards and permanently judge the value of my fellow posters when I see them post blatant lies and intentional misdirection. I view such people as moral equivalents to Nazi propagandists and the true enemies of the nation (yes, seriously I do because I have not a shred of doubt they'll lie about anything at any cost in an effort to install their person in power). I might give quarter for honest ignorance -- some of this stuff can be arcane -- but not for willful ignorance about easily proven or disproven things.

I have just come to the sad conclusion that I now find the incarnation of today's Right too filled with such people. The honest Republicans are almost all gone, the great Republican statesmen are no more, the thoughtful country-first moderates have all been forced out. What now has taken its place is a Christo-fascist mob of dunces and the dangerous. As an American I feel compelled to call them out for what they are and try to shame them back into the dank cracks and fetid hate "churches" from whence they came. Unfortunately, religious zealots cannot be changed, they cannot be debated. Like Islamo-terrorists, Christo fascists can only be beaten. At some point the press will label them for the usurpers they are and stop paying them attention.

In the end, it was not hard to leave the party because the party was murdered by cross-bearing neanderthals and I refuse to cheer the assailants. I am confident Reagan would have detested these people and all they stood for. I also think Reagan and Obama would have had an excellent mutual respect, both being decent, principled BUT pragmatic people with a love of history and optimistic trust in the American people.

Obama also has the patience of Job; he tried way beyond what I could stand trying to accommodate the vicious lunatics who obstruct him solely for obstruction's sake. No one of reason can see him interact with people and his own family and come away thinking him some sort of anti-christ. The facts about him are literally opposite of what the Right claims:
- he lowered taxes, not raised them
- he has invoked less regulation than Bush over the same period
- he completely reversed the worst job drain since the Depression (800k jobs lost/month at its peak)
- he grew government at a slower pace than any president in recent history
- his policies did not explode the debt -- 90% of the debt comes from the things the Right did before him
- he has killed 2x more terrorists (I have a problem with drones) in 4 years than Bush did in 8
- he deported more illegals than Bush did by a mile
- illegal immigration has been reduced dramatically (mostly a function of the economy though) compared to Bush
- oil, coal, and gas production have all grown substantially under Obama, as well as wind
etc. ad nauseum

The Right would have you believe the opposite of these things. I refuse to reward bald-faced liars. They cannot win on facts and refuse to spell out policy detail, so instead they seek to block voting and lie to their fellow Americans. Historians will write about this election and these times as a period of great national shame.

I'll close because this post long ago devolved in to a rant.

I will vote for him this time as much as a vote against the Right as for Obama. Decency demands it in my view.
edit on 24-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Oh the irony!!!! Rachel Maddow, the self professed queen of progressive propaganda on MSNBC, is calling out the right wing Echo Chamber. She must be tone deaf...

Welcome to Bizarro World... Up is down, left is right, right is wrong, left is right.... The spin is out of control....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Did you watch the video or did you just see Maddow and commented as instructed?

I'd like to read your thoughts on the OP and what she said in the video.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The left wing echo chamber and what was the source?

Maddow from the ultra left wing propaganda machine MSNBC everyone has a bias there is not a single person in the world can claim they don't have one.

And that is a fact.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Oh the irony!!!! Rachel Maddow, the self professed queen of progressive propaganda on MSNBC, is calling out the right wing Echo Chamber. She must be tone deaf...

Welcome to Bizarro World... Up is down, left is right, right is wrong, left is right.... The spin is out of control....

I challenge you to post one dishonest thing she has ever said. Just one. I don't expect you will because all the Right knows how to do is lie and label; they are repulsively and reflexively intellectually dishonest and unable to provide factual retort. Their debate tactic is nothing more than gang-style thuggery. It is why history will reject them and their ilk in the same vein as McCarthy's followers.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Maddow from the ultra left wing propaganda machine MSNBC everyone has a bias there is not a single person in the world can claim they don't have one.

And that is a fact.

They may have personal bias', but their reporting is much more trustworthy and fact-filled than any other news agency out there. Why do you think Fox and CNN are so threatened by their ability to report factual news?

Unfortunatly, you have parroted another Right-wing talking point..."MSNBC is evil".

By the way Neo, did you watch the video, or did you just knee-jerk comment automatically?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
She puts her PolySci Stanford Ph.D. to great use.

Or, as Rick Santorum would say: "she is an elitist snob"...oh, the hypocrisy and arrogance. But Santorum did get one thing right when he said "We will never have the elite, smart people on our side".

Great Post OP, Star & Flag

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yes, and the inter webz is full of it from both sides and clearly not all people are capable of wading through the class !V rapids to reach the calm waters beyond. That being said, you have directed this thread at the "right wing" specifically and I simply point back to Maddow who is quite adept at creating the same nonsense directly from her network broadcast. All to be repeated by her fellow MSNBC lemmings who disperse it throughout our connected universe.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

And that is a fact.

They may have personal bias', but their reporting is much more trustworthy and fact-filled than any other news agency out there. Why do you think Fox and CNN are so threatened by their ability to report factual news?

Unfortunatly, you have parroted another Right-wing talking point..."MSNBC is evil".

By the way Neo, did you watch the video, or did you just knee-jerk comment automatically?

Nothing trustworthy bout that post.

wow MSNBC is "twustworthy" says it all,

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
look, even being a liberal, i know there are damn good republicans out there, that want to see this country succeed, without destroying the safety nets america has set up, or for that matter paying taxes if you are financially successful....however, they do not have a voice right now. they are shouted over by extremists in their own party. and with that said, there is alot of us liberals that WANT to get spending under control, and NOT run up the debt, or, have over half our income taken by the government in the form of taxes,...as with everything, there needs to be a balance, and it seems to me that there are alot of people out there deliberately trying to sabatoge this country. and i don't mean ONLY in this country...there are foriegn enemies out there that would love to see nothing better than for america to have it's own 2nd civil war, pitting american against american.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maddow is ultra left wing?

Oh, you were serious? She's a progressive which is pretty well right of ultra left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join