It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State's first case of 'zombie bees' reported in Kent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
In the early days of the Hive collapse phenomenon bees were studies extensively to identify any parasitic, infection, or toxicity issues to account for the the sudden (as in nearly "overnight") loss of entire hives.

No consistent answers were ever reported to account for this. Parasitic infections, toxicology reports, and all manner of biological testing produced no answers. This particular parasite now being discussed would have been identified a decade ago had it been present - I think.

I suspect this is a new threat to hives. Perhaps one of many, as naturally evolved systems are subjected to increasingly new 'adjustments' made to nature by agro and chemical .industries intent on monopolizing anything they can.

I read an article where one bee hive keeper actually got down on his hands and knees and scoured the ground for dead bees from his collapsed hives. He found not a single bee. So I believe you are correct in that if this particular parasite had been responsible he would have found some of his dead bees near the hives.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
If the Einstein quote is in fact untrue then I apologize for including it in my OP as I always believed it to be true, thank you for pointing me in a direction where I can research and see if this was actually true or not as I am the first to say that you cannot believe everything you hear. It's just I have heard this quote so many times that I assumed it to be true,

My intention was not to mislead any members so I apologize if I did.

I too have seen that quote aswell and i sure it was on ATS

phil

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
uhh just wait what happens when one of those bees bites a human!! Get ready guys! Aim for the head!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
No such thing as zombies or zombie bees!

Can't anyone with a brain understand that these bees are infected only with a parasite? They are not zombies!

What a load of media crap you are being spoon fed. Wake up already

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Dude I was only joking.. geez

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I thought it was pesticides that have been causing bee colonies to die....... The pesticides make them susceptible to all sorts of ailments.... like the the zombie parasite ailment
edit on 25-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I thought it was pesticides that have been causing bee colonies to die....... The pesticides make them susceptible to all sorts of ailments.... like the the zombie parasite ailment
edit on 25-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

I am retired and spend a lot of time reading articles in the internet. So forgive me if I can't remember the exact site I read the following on.

A recent article on CCD has found a strong link to a specific pesticide used on GMO crops and maybe normal crops as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

yeah i heard that too. many of the pesticides are engineered into the crops so i think it goes hand in hand.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
first case!!!!!!!! as in ever or just recently,,, i wouldnt be damn surprised to find out monsanto has some patent out on zombie bee juice

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Not sure about the zombie aspect but since Washington is close enough to me I'm wondering all the time why bees are dropping dead on patio. I haven't seen them lurch, they struggle for awhile and eventually die
This week is invasion of the dragonflies. They aren't dropping dead but it seems its just another case of in the past few years, insects that never got my attention before are now. In the past the dragonflies I saw were blue with long skinny stick body's. these things have fat bumble bee like body's. they keep coming in my house and hard to dodge because they fly so erratically and buzz loud ( the wings make the noise). It's not really the season for insects.

My cat is killing them but doesn't eat them.

I'm in South western British Columbia by the way.

ETA corrected location typo sorry
edit on 26-9-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Dragonflies and their cousins, damselflies, come in a huge assortment of sizes and colors. There is a site called fredmiranda.com where professional and amateur photographers go to show off their work and discuss it. Here is a link to a single post with a small variety of them. If you are at all interested in photography or just looking at some great pictures I recommend browsing the many forums on the site. They do allow NSFW and nude works but NSFW work MUST be labeled so in the title of the post and nude work MUST be not only identified as such in the title but linked to offsite as well so you don't have to worry about stumbling across objectionable material if that bothers you.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I live maybe 10 miles south of Kent. Last Saturday my 2 1/2 year old son and myself walked down to the park, and like usual he stopped to smell all the flowers at a neighbors house. I noticed a bee on the ground barely moving and told him not to touch it, it might sting you.
Maybe a day or so later I saw this story on the local news
Not sure how far bees can fly, but how quickly (if anybody knows) does this parasite infect other bees?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join