It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Doesn’t Air Portion Of Obama Interview Where He Admits Some Of His Campaign Ads Go ‘Overboar

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

CBS isn't left-leaning.
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond to you........

It's just that it took that long for me to stop laughing.

I didn't realize that you did stand-up comedy........or were you crossing your fingers when you made that silly remark?

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.

A Left-leaning political scientist from a left-leaning school finds that CBS is the second worst left-leaning news media outlet in the US!
newsroom.ucla.edu...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I really didn't realize it was considered left-leaning. I rarely watch it. Jeez.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Ron Paul was forged directly by the breath of god, programmed to bring forth nirvana. He is literally incapable of lying, has no agenda that doesn't involve bringing fortune and prosperity to every single person on earth, can part water by simply raising his hands, etc...

While I was reading this, I was staring at your Hypnotoad signature..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Journalists would normally milk an opportunity like this. Such a statement would be of great interest to viewers. So it really is an anomaly that it would be "edited out".

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

See B.S. .... waiting five days to report Obama's gaff 'you didn't build this' .

That wasn't a gaffe. that is a out of context snip.

No company on flipping earth single handedly created the internet, or build the highway system..you know..what he was talking about the sentence before, and after that sentence.

The gaffe is by the media saying its a gaffe to begin with. only a truely window licking helmet wearing retard missed the context.

and fox news viewers...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The excuses in this thread for the liberal media are shallow and laughable. If Fox had content edited a Romney interview there would be a 1500 page thread about it.

Pathetic isn't it, you would think once and a while one could cross over and have a meeting of the minds.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by FlyersFan

See B.S. .... waiting five days to report Obama's gaff 'you didn't build this' .

That wasn't a gaffe. that is a out of context snip.

No company on flipping earth single handedly created the internet, or build the highway system..you know..what he was talking about the sentence before, and after that sentence.

The gaffe is by the media saying its a gaffe to begin with. only a truely window licking helmet wearing retard missed the context.
and fox news viewers...

With that statement I think you are grossly overestimating the overall intelligence of the Republican Party.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What I don't get is why is the right now complaining about "left-leaning media"? I thought they were against the Fairness Doctrine...
Are they now suggesting that the media be fair and treat both sides fairly? Seems just one election ago, they were complaining about liberals wanting to force fairness on the radio... Now, it seems, they are complaining because the media "isn't fair".

Well, if you want them to report fairly, maybe you should support the Fairness Doctrine.

More and more people are appearing more liberal as the right slides off the end of the scale toward extremism. Do what you want, but don't expect the country to follow you off that cliff.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I really didn't realize it was considered left-leaning. I rarely watch it. Jeez.

Can't you tell when I'm just joshin' you? How have you been, my friend? I took the summer off to get away from the insanity. I thought this might be a good way to say hello, for old times.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A slight off topic to address a couple of comments made thus far:

It's been asked why the left can't just "own" this, generally speaking - as a means of meeting in the middle for a rational conversation.

My answer. Why should the left move? I could ask the same of the right? Or we can toss in moderates and watch as they get labeled "left" or "right" as soon as they type an opinion.

The answer to the rhetorical question posed is simple. It won't happen because there is such a polarization in thought that there is no middle ground to be had. It's like a WW1 no mans land, and both sides are entrenched. Anyone wandering into the middle will likely be shot by both sides at once.

Left, right, otherwise? If you want dialogue, then put down your guns, drop the rhetoric, and initiate the conversation. But to simply state "No point talking to these[/i[ people, they're just brainwashed...."????

Compromise will never happen that way - and we'll all be here, every four years, worse off than we were previously, playing the blame game and trying to draw blood on every "opponent" we can lure into posting.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The only media that is liberal is MSNBC. I guess if you act like a normal human being and not give off birther conspiracy theories then that makes a station liberal.

But CBS didn't edit it, the OBAMA camp told them they wanted that portion out of the TV program. They have the ablity to do that via a contract. Again, the OP doesn't understand how TV works.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Talk about Bias Hannity was just on the air saying 60 Minutes gave a bias interview against Romney.

Romney didn’t look bad because of bias he looked bad because his plan for America is bad and his numbers just don’t add up.

But the fox spin is its liberal bias everyone else calls it complete bull$h*t.

Don't beleive me check my signature.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
And this thread is stupid. Nearly ALL political ads are over the top. Obama said something we all know....OP is acting like he said something groundbreaking.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Wow. What a fascinating topic and so meaty!
What else didn't they air?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Journalists would normally milk an opportunity like this. Such a statement would be of great interest to viewers. So it really is an anomaly that it would be "edited out".

I think if you have a suspicious mind to begin with perhaps you would consider it an anomaly but editors were probably short on time and it just wasn't that interesting. And it isn't. It is something we all know already. Big deal and so what?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What I don't get is why is the right now complaining about "left-leaning media"? I thought they were against the Fairness Doctrine.

I think you have your history confused. The Fairness Doctrine was SCRAPPED by the Obama administration.

www.washingtonpost.com... l

While the FCC has not enforced the rule in nearly a quarter century, it remains technically on the books. As a part of the Obama administration’s broader efforts to overhaul federal regulation, the FCC is finally scrapping the rule once and for all.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

What I don't get is why is the right now complaining about "left-leaning media"? I thought they were against the Fairness Doctrine.

I think you have your history confused. The Fairness Doctrine was SCRAPPED by the Obama administration.

www.washingtonpost.com... l

While the FCC has not enforced the rule in nearly a quarter century, it remains technically on the books. As a part of the Obama administration’s broader efforts to overhaul federal regulation, the FCC is finally scrapping the rule once and for all.

It had nothing to do with Obama.

thehill.com...

The Federal Communications Commission has set a target of August for eliminating the Fairness Doctrine and other outdated regulations from the rule books, according to Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

“We are pleased that Chairman Genachowski has finally set a target for striking the Fairness Doctrine from the rulebooks once and for all,” said Energy and Commerce chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) and Telecom subpanel chair Greg Walden (R-Ore.).

There is so much delusion and outright blind hypocrisy that I really don't want to waste the effort of responding to most of the posts. So many of you passing off your opinions as documented facts. The bias for Democrats in the media and CBS is well documented. It's not a surprise that ATS's resident left wingers disagree.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's called "editing". All interviews are edited. Deal with it.

It's not THAT you edit, it's WHAT you edit. Huge difference.

edit on 25-9-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

There is so much delusion and outright blind hypocrisy that I really don't want to waste the effort of responding to most of the posts.
reply to post by PvtHudson

.....and yet you do.
Hmm.
How do you define hypocrisy?
Oh, wait, you don't respond to such posts. (I bet you will though.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join