It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New website for "unskewed" polling data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Due to a tremendous amount of disinformation presented by the MSM regarding polling data for the upcoming election, a new website has been launched to present "unskewed" data. For all I know, it could just be more spin, but it's worth a look.

Here's a blog post about it:

Skewed and Unskewed Polls

And here's a link to the site:

UnskewedPolls.com

Which polls do you believe? I guess we'll find out in November. My guess is that the polls showing Romney ahead are accurate, and the Obama camp knows this despite the media's attempt to spin the story that it's close to a tie right now.

Obama will be hanging out at his new $35 million paradise in Hawaii, laughing all the way to the bank. Either way you slice it, the power elite war-mongers will continue their rule.

edit on 24-9-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You do realize that Unskewed Polls and their main website QstarNews is a pro-republican website right?

Take a look: QStarNews

So unfortunately these polls are not very reliable just like the rest of them.
edit on 24-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
You do realize that Unskewed Polls and their main website QstarNews is a pro-republican website right?

Take a look: QStarNews

So unfortunately these polls are not very reliable just like the rest of them.
edit on 24-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Ahhhh. I see. Just more political propaganda.

With the wide range of polls out there tainted by spin and propaganda, it's conveniently impossible to know what to expect in November. Nobody will be surprised if Obama wins, and nobody will be surprised if Romney wins because the foundation has been established that either could win.

If one of them were clearly ahead in an "honest" poll, then the public may realize that something is amiss when the opposite candidate wins in a so-called "upset".

In any case, the game of partisan (Republicans/Democrats) politics is pure dirty trash without a shred of integrity left in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
really?....unskewed news??...most people are not as stupid as you think they are...this is like checking on FOX NEWS "facts"....i try and time myself on how fast i can find out they lied.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Ya, after looking at the website it is pretty clear that they are a Right-Wing supporting site. One could call it propaganda, but it is a poor attempt if it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Those are funny polls.

Do people honestly think that if they just lie to people and tell them that Romney is winning that it will make people change their opinion of him and just go ahead and vote for him?

All the major polling companies have a fairly good track record of showing the trends and outcomes of elections. These polls you linked to are just silly.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thanks, OP. You've given many the gift of laughter on this day.

Check the real clear aggregates, and investigate further in the polling methods and applications on each individual site. Have a nice one.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Ya, after looking at the website it is pretty clear that they are a Right-Wing supporting site. One could call it propaganda, but it is a poor attempt if it is.

No kidding.

Didn't really even have to read anything.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Thanks, OP. You've given many the gift of laughter on this day.

Check the real clear aggregates, and investigate further in the polling methods and applications on each individual site. Have a nice one.

Admittedly, the poll site in the OP is right-wing propaganda; however, you too have given the gift of laughter by responding with a link to other propaganda-filled polls. National Journal, really? NBC?

I choose to believe none of the polls, which is why I worded the OP as I did (do you read?). You have selectively chosen which ones to believe.

"I will refute trash that begs no refuting with my own trash." Nice policy. Have a nice one!

ETA: And as for aggregates, they are clearly only as good as the individual sources. Ten bulls**t sources = bulls**t aggregate, right?

edit on 24-9-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Thank you, I found the blog post to be especially interesting. May I quote the last paragraph?

Now, this should also be taken with a grain of salt. Basically, they claim (by the site name) to be an unskewed poll. In fact, they’re just a differently skewed take on existing polls. Instead of taking their numbers over, say, Gallup, though, what it should tell us is that even if the polls are being heavily weighted to Obama, Romney’s still essentially tied. Any difference in Romney’s direction in real turnout from the pollster’s assumptions would bring Romney into a lead.
The rest of that blog post is intersting as well.

If you believe that the polls are sampling more Democrats than will actually vote, and the reverse for the Republicans, then the philosophy of "Unskewed Polls" is correct, even if their numbers are a bit off. I've never heard, in this election cycle, that pollsters are talking with too few Democrats, but I have heard that they are talking to too many.

My opinion is that this is a serious issue, and shouldn't just be dismissed because it questions conventional wisdom and the main stream media. Isn't questioning, after thinking, what ATS is about?

top topics

join