It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad says Israel has 'no roots' in Middle East

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

Dear god, help me, it is much more complex than that.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What about it is not news? He said it today.

It is well established because it is true.

Maybe you are falling for the media bs that tries to claim Israel always existed for thousands of years as opposed to since 1948.

My views on Israel are that a bunch of Europeans decided to leverage holocaust guilt post WWII, when the US and England decided to redraw the worlds borders, to get the "Holy Land" awarded to them. The historcal Jews still lived there, and called themselves Palestinian.

This is not news because he says this kind of stuff all the time. Are you surprised by his statement? Is it something that made you say, "Hmmm....I did not know that."? I doubt it, because this is like the 1000th time he has said this.

It is news in the same way that him announcing he has to go to the bathroom is news.

The "media" bs you are talking about has more to do with the fact that they decided this was newsworthy, and ran the story. Know why? Because there are people out there who want their news to entertain them, not inform them. This "news" in no way informs me of anything, other than he has repeated himself once again.

And this is pure entertainment, nothing more. He has a speech this week at the UN. The news orgs want to sell print and drive ratings. They will fully leverage the sawed off little Iranian leader as their fodder for these sales. And, just like a boxing match, they are going to hype it with words like "off with the gloves" and "on the attack". They will then use words like "in defense" and "on the run" to describe the western delegates. Just like the Ali/Frazier fight, this will receive the hype leading up to it that eclipses the actual event. Instead of "The Thrilla In Manila" we have "The Dork In New York".

Pure hype, meant to drive ratings. And everyone has fallen for it (again).

If he actually says something new and interesting this time, I may have to eat my tie. Otherwise it will be a bunch of him talking about Allah, the evils of the west, and his nations right to use nuclear tech for fuel. Not that I disagree with him entirely....but there is nothing "new" about this "news".

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
He cannot be THAT ignorant to believe Israel's roots only start 60 years ago lol.

Yes I guess we could get a load of white people return to our homeland and invade central Africa....Dude they do not belong there. Really how comes they are all white. They are not the true descendants of Israel....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thing I don't understand is how everyone misses, that Iran will not lead an attack, Iran will retaliate with devestating force "if" and "when" attacked. See funny thing is yeah there are threats going both ways but I always see Iran replying to said attacks from Isreal and her allies. Yes lately they did say if attacked they would attack every square inch of Isreal rightfully so, bomb another nation get bombed back, and when your a small insignificant nation then, really lets be honest not gonna take alot of bombs to set them back to square one.

But as always as well from watching the clips on Piers Morgan they have released already and reading the full transcripts of the latest interview, you will see there is no blatent calling for the destruction of Isreal for no reason, it is as usual in reply to the rhetoric and B.S. that come from BiBi. Sure in Iran they are unstable but, by no means going to usher in there own destruction by leading a strike on Isreal unless attacked as stated many times in the media but spun as usual to make big bad boogy man Iran the bad guy.

Imagine if Isreal actually attempted to live in peace with those around them, shut up with the rhetoric pursued peace in the region what a world this could be.....

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

How unstable are they really? I mean, I have heard all the same news everyone else has (western media sources). But does the reality find support in those sources? I mean, to hear the news orgs, he is an utter morose madman. And the hierarchy is a dreary and oppressive bunch of backwards religious zealots.

On the latter, I would tend to agree. On the former, however, he seems to be the common denominator between when Iran began to see fiscal performance and standard of living improvements and when the "rules" started to relax. Under his leadership the nation has moved to far more prosperity than prior leaders, especially those that were US controlled (like the shah).

Oppressive regimes do not tend to match free nations in productivity and standards of living. Oppressed people work far, far less efficiently and ingenuity is stifled. In Iran we are seeing a BOOMING science sector (with some fairly bright mathmaticians and theoreticians arising within their borders), and a middle eastern nation that is putting its people to work, and letting its oil money work for them, not the US.

I think they are "unstable" because the (unofficially) government controlled media demonizes anyone that isn't on our "good" list.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I personally since I have Iranian family members through marriage (my brother in-law) would say I have had my eyes opened to the rhetoric from my own government and the American government, and may be a bit bias. But I agree they are no less unstable than any of our own people in power.

As I have stated before this is all about control of power, wealth, and those who have it. Iran with full power nuclear reactors can power their own needs, sell all their oil, produce and sell nuclear isotopes, as well as produce and sell fuel to other countries for their reactors.

That being said if all there oil was for export there economy would flourish, If they started selling isotopes they would cut into the research reactor income of Canada and the United States, If they start selling fuel they cut the grass of many nations. As well if all their oil becomes surplus to their needs then the price of oil in my opinion would fall, hurting the pocket books of many in power right now. To me there are several issues, none of which have to do with Isreals destruction, or their pursuence of a nuclear weapon.

But then again that just my opinion.....

SaneThinking

Thinking sanely

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

He cannot be THAT ignorant to believe Israel's roots only start 60 years ago lol.

Israel didn't exist until 60 years ago. This is a map of the area in 1940 there is no Israel.

Yeah well the thing about maps is, map making has been around for thousands of years, it wasn't invented 60 years ago

Here's some ancient maps of Israel going back 3000 years, just a tad bit longer than 60 years.

Hebrew allotments for the 12 tribes.

When Israel split into 2 kingdoms after Solomon, Judah and Israel (Ephraim).

Tell the truth next time pinoccio, shrink that nose some.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You DO realize that, just like Persia became Iran, Israel became Palestine, right? And the "Israeli's" were a combination of Russian (at first) and European (who barred the poor and gypsy like Russian jews from moving in) Jews that wanted to see the "Holy Land" returned to Jewish control?

This was about enforcing a religious war against the Muslims for control of the Holy Land. If the legitimacy of ancient maps is to be used to aid legitimacy to current times, we have to remember that the "Hebrews" became the "Palestinians" by virtue of cultural change.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You DO realize that, just like Persia became Iran, Israel became Palestine, right? And the "Israeli's" were a combination of Russian (at first) and European (who barred the poor and gypsy like Russian jews from moving in) Jews that wanted to see the "Holy Land" returned to Jewish control?

This was about enforcing a religious war against the Muslims for control of the Holy Land. If the legitimacy of ancient maps is to be used to aid legitimacy to current times, we have to remember that the "Hebrews" became the "Palestinians" by virtue of cultural change.

Uh no, the hebrews were nearly exterminated by the Romans 2000 years ago after 2 failed rebellions, the ones who survived the destruction of Jerusalem ended up slaves to romans in Italy and shipped all over europe where conquests were taking place and that is how the jews ended up in europe, that and the Assyrian and Babylonian exiles. After the hebrews were almost wiped out Caesar Hadrian renamed Israel into Syriac Palestina as an insult to a defeated people and then ploughed under the temple mount just before turning the land over to arabs who had been eyeballing that land for centuries but could never take it from the hebrews.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Who did the Muslims take Jerusalem from years ago? Oh yes......certainly not the Jews.

I'm not a fan of Israel by any means, but if your crossed eyes could read Mr Ahmadinejad, You would know common history.

Note: If the Jews have no roots in the middle east how does a much younger religion have roots in the middle east?
edit on 24-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Ah Ahmadinejad has not been reading his Old Testament recently.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ahhh... The joys of fast food society. We live in a world today where nothing need take much time or be delayed longer than it takes to reach a keyboard. We have everything we could want or need. We have fine food, fine goods, clothing once the stuff of Royalty and rarely even then, and we have knowledge. No, strike that, we have the ILLUSION of knowledge.

Ahmadinejad is saying the Jewish people have no roots, eh? This is the same man who has said the holocaust didn't happen and Iran has no homosexual men, among over 70 million people, right? They didn't switch a double when no one was looking, so we're now hearing from a learned and educated man of history did they? Naww.. I didn't think so.

I have no doubt HE is an educated man and knows the truth of the things he talk about though. He needs to know the truth to lie so effectively. He doesn't have to work TOO hard at it though and that's the real tragedy. In my opinion, too many people view history as primarily being about the 20th and 21st Centuries and anything prior to that is ancient stuff with ancient people that is of only minor importance or passing relation to anything today.

In a world today where the majority of people "learn" history by media news stories or consider themselves well educated after High School, he doesn't have to work too hard. In a world where the History Channel is considered something nearing Higher Education. He really doesn't even have to be too creative. He'll never be believed by well educated people....but he knows that isn't the majority and he'll never get them on-board to his thinking anyway.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

The green revolution has nothing to do with Israel, nice deflection though. Try again. Israel is 10 times more aggressive than Iran.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
No roots? I thought a book supposedly inspired by GOD says that Isreal should belong to the Jews?

As a side note, can someone explain the difference between the supposed channeling that the authors of the Bible engaged in and any other type of channeling?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually, einstein:

It is a country of particular geopolitical significance owing to its location in three spheres of Asia (West, Central, and South).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Note: If the Jews have no roots in the middle east how does a much younger religion have roots in the middle east?

Bingo. As is painstakingly obvious, Islam has no roots in Iran.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Israel didn't exist until 60 years ago. This is a map of the area in 1940 there is no Israel.

You again? Why do you deny the historical roots of the jews in what you call "Palestine"?

We've been through this before, you and I.

There is archaeological evidence to provide for the "roots" of Israel. Just because you are Antisemitic doesn't change history. You might as well wear an SS band on your arm, because that is what your agenda amounts to.

You are Antisemitic. Period.
edit on 26-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

There is archaeological evidence to provide for the "roots" of Israel. Just because you are Antisemitic doesn't change history. You might as well wear an SS band on your arm, because that is what your agenda amounts to.

And this rhetoric makes it impossible to have any kind of open discourse. It plays in the hands of people like Ahmadinedschad, who can then abuse it for their own purposes.

There is undoubtedly not only archaeological, but also historical evidence for the "roots" of Israel. But where do you draw the line to call someone anti-semite.
Is anybody immediately anti-semitic, when he's is questioning the legitimacy of the reasons, in documented history, for the founding of the modern state of israel.

I just posted this thread.

Originally posted by talklikeapirat

Mahmud Ahmadinedschad is cunning individual, when he speaks about the Holocaust and Israel the way he does, then because he's fully aware of the historical inconsistencies, the collaboration between the Zionist Movement and Nazi Germany and the role it had played in the creation of the State of Israel. He is fully aware of this:

The Zionist record in relation to the holocaust was the logical outcome of a movement which, throughout the war, and in the face of the Nazi exterminations, prioritised above everything the building of a Jewish state.

At a time when Jews, trade unionists and anti-fascists were launching a worldwide economic boycott of Nazi Germany, the World Zionist Organisation was secretly negotiating an economic agreement which allowed richer German Jews to liquidate their property in Germany and redeem part of the money in Palestine. This agreement was announced by the Nazis shortly before the 18th Zionist congress in Prague, in September 1933.

Having this knowdledge and the fact, that the large majority of the 'West' and especially the jewish community world wide have repeatedly missed the opportunity to discuss this part of history openly, enables him to counter a myth with another myth, offering a little truth to disguise the lies and cover the true intentions.

In that regard, one could argue, what Ahmadinedschad says makes sense. But does it really?

“Even today, in a perverse way, a real anti-semite must be a Zionist.” - A.B. Yehoshua, Israeli novelist

Zionism and Anti-Semitism

edit on 26-9-2012 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by trysts

It's more than just believing. It's a heritage. That is why if your mother is Jewish you are considered a Jew, but if only your father is Jewish you aren't considered Jewish unless you are practicing. It's not just a religion, but its not a race either, althought there are physical markers that many people attribute to Jews.

edit on 24-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

I personally don't accept the notion that one inherits beliefs. If the KKK decide that all women who believe in the concepts of the KKK pass their belief onto their children, I wouldn't accept that either, GogoVicMorrow.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't know exactly when Ahmadinejad speaks today, so I have the U.N. playing live now, and will be watching all day long. For those interested, the Luxembourg representative is currently speaking. Here is the link:
webtv.un.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join