It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad says Israel has 'no roots' in Middle East

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Rewriting History in Textbooks

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

The political correctness debate has led to increased scrutiny of how textbooks present the history of different peoples. While many minorities have actively campaigned to have their histories more accurately depicted, Jews have stayed on the sidelines. The following examination of 18 of the most widely used world and American history texts indicates this silence has allowed publishers to distribute books that are filled with egregious factual errors and specious analyses. The mistakes invariably are to the detriment of the Jews or Israel, raising questions about the predisposition of authors and publishers.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Not at all. It's called establishing a viable deterrent to a fanatical suicidal regime that has publicly threatened Israel's existence several times.

Recently, several quotes from Iran's clerics and military leaders have been made public regarding their pledge to target Israeli civilians in major population centres in the event of a regional conflict. These barbarians do not know how to fight a conventional war.

And please, don't give me any BS about how Ahamdenijad's pledge to "wipe Israel off the map" has been misinterpreted. Any way you choose to interpret the infamous remark, it clearly intended to suggest that the State Of Israel should not exist, period. It's a sentiment shared by their proxy terrorist groups in the region as well.

Israel has the absolute right to defend itself in the face of such hostility from a credible threat such as Iran.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Apparently you are unaware that holocaust denial is a crime in over 12 european countries, and to this day the ADL still calls for laws restricting holocaust discussion in america. I don't have a problem with Jews just for the record, and they are for the most part the most informative when it comes to criticizing zionism.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Iran also has the right to defend itself, and unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, they actually can, which is why there is nonstop demonization of Iran. Iran is the last country that is really sticking up to the world superpower. That is why they are so wonderful and why the UN speech on Wednesday will be earth shattering. I can't wait to hear what the honorable Ahmadenijad will say.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You know, I would love to know what this guy actually says without our media spinning it. I mean they have such a stake in this guy looking evil that we get hit with a crazy amount of propaganda.

Like today, I saw on yahoo, a headline : "In New York, defiant Ahmadinejad says Israel will be "eliminated."

Then I read the article and what he actually said was "We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated,"

That is where they got the word "eliminated"

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Basically yes, they love to twist Iran's words around and make them constantly look like the aggressors. It would be funny except they have a murderous agenda behind their little 'mistranslations'.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

It's more than just believing. It's a heritage. That is why if your mother is Jewish you are considered a Jew, but if only your father is Jewish you aren't considered Jewish unless you are practicing. It's not just a religion, but its not a race either, althought there are physical markers that many people attribute to Jews.

edit on 24-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Every country has the right to defend itself. The difference is, Israel never threatened Iran's existence or suggested that the country doesn't have the right to exist.

Iran is just the latest Islamic country with a fundamentalist regime to threaten Israel's existence, which is what initiated the war rhetoric between the two countries, and led to Israel's contemplation of attacking their nuclear facilities.

If Iran had not initially taken such an aggressive stance towards Israel, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

As for your reference to the "honorable" Ahmadenijad, enjoy the ravings of a lunatic. I just hope that he and his clerics aren't responsible for turning his country into a parking lot as a result of their obsession with ushering in the Mahdi and their prophecised end of days scenario.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And don't forget how Iran constantly attacks Israel and her interests through Hezbollah and Hamas!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

If Iran had not initially taken such an aggressive stance towards Israel, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Initially? So Israel starting nuclear weapon production almost immediately after becoming a nation is not seen as taking the initial aggressive stance towards it's neighbors? Illegal nuke program in their first years as a nation behind the US' back. Controlling the palestinians and taking their land very rapidly. I would say that Israel is without a doubt the initially aggressive one.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

And don't forget how Iran constantly attacks Israel and her interests through Hezbollah and Hamas!

And don't forget how Israel was responsible for the creation of both Hezbollah and Hamas!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Bull. It is the height of stupidity to think Israel formed two terrorist organizations both of which have written into their charter that their main objective is the destruction of Israel.

Here is the part where i expect you to quote Rense. Fire away!
edit on 24-9-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Initially? So Israel starting nuclear weapon production almost immediately after becoming a nation is not seen as taking the initial aggressive stance towards it's neighbors? Illegal nuke program in their first years as a nation behind the US' back. Controlling the palestinians and taking their land very rapidly. I would say that Israel is without a doubt the initially aggressive one.

Israel has been faced with a legitimate threat since the inception of the country, as history has proven time and time again. Yes, Israel has stockpiled nuclear weapons, as have many other countries, but that in of itself is not an act of hostility or aggression.

In the case of Iran, it's an entirely different scenario. When a country is led by a fanatical suicidal regime that has threatened another country's existence, funded terrorist proxy groups, and pledged to fulfill their religious prophecies by initiating an apocalyptic scenario, the acquisition of nuclear weapons in of itself is an act of hostility, and an extremely dangerous proposition for many western countries as well as Israel.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Suicidal regime? You are just buying into what the media is selling you. What has ever, EVER, given you the impression their are suicidal, or even threatening? They never talk about attacking Israel unless Israel attacks first. They aren't actually doing anything. When Israel moved into the neighborhood and despite having a nuclear nation backing them (the US) they still went behind the US' back to create nukes, that is threatening. They should either have their nukes or our support, not both. Iran isn't what it's made out to be and most of the things you hear are our of context or intentional mis translations.

It's Iraq all over again. Wake up. I guess you think Ron Paul and all the other politicians that speak common sense about Iran are all liars?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Suicidal regime? You are just buying into what the media is selling you. What has ever, EVER, given you the impression their are suicidal, or even threatening? They never talk about attacking Israel unless Israel attacks first. They aren't actually doing anything. When Israel moved into the neighborhood and despite having a nuclear nation backing them (the US) they still went behind the US' back to create nukes, that is threatening. They should either have their nukes or our support, not both. Iran isn't what it's made out to be and most of the things you hear are our of context or intentional mis translations.

It's Iraq all over again. Wake up. I guess you think Ron Paul and all the other politicians that speak common sense about Iran are all liars?

For the sake of the innocent people in Israel and Iran, I really wish that your interpretation was accurate. Unfortunately, it's not.

Why do you think there was a revolution in Iran that was thwarted by a violent response from their regime a couple of years ago?

An increasing percentage of the younger generation in Iran desperately want a democratic government to replace their current theocratic fanatical regime because of their foreign policies.

Ahmadenijad and his clerics have spoken openly on many occasions regarding all of the issues I mentioned in my previous posts, and the rhetoric started well before Israel started to contemplate a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

Do some research.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Israel whines and complains whenever 'hikers' who are obviously more than hikers are arrested in Iran as spies, which seems to happen about every few months, and Iran still lets them go. Meanwhile Israel on record assassinates iranian scientists and disrupts their systems with computer viruses, but Iran is the bad guy because the media mistranslates their words. The only criticism anyone can have for Iran is they are not doing enough. The US would have invaded Iran ten times if what the US does to Iran was done in reverse. That is why Iran is showing superhuman patience by still seeking diplomacy even after everything they've been through. But with the USrael regime, the funny thing is you don't need to attack them, you just have to discredit their state religions, 9/11ism and holocaustianity, which Ahmadenijad I think secretly gets a kick out of doing, and he does it well. Ahmadenijad is the world's only truther politician, no american politician dares go public with criticism of the holy grail, the holocaust, let alone a state leader.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What does it even matter what he says?

Iran doesn't want to work with the world community.

They recently stated they could perform a missile strike on Israel.

IMHO, anytime they talk it's like listening to a murderer justify his own actions.
edit on 24-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

What does it even matter what he says?

Iran doesn't want to work with the world community.

They recently stated they could perform a missile strike on Israel.

IMHO, anytime they talk it's like listening to a monster that wants to kill you.

if he didn't want to work with the world community, why is he in New York, talking with occupy protesters, the media, world leaders, etc. I guess he is an outgoing hermit.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In New York, defiant Ahmadinejad says Israel will be "eliminated"

news.yahoo.com...

How many times does he have to say if before people start believing it?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Actually he is correct. The Jews were taken from Africa to be the slaves of Egypt. Once they got their freedom they moved into the middle east, more specifically the Sinai peninsula and wandered around. Then their magical man in the sky told them to kill those people and take their land.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join