It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting For Romney?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Julie Washington

So Romney gave 4 times as much to charity but he makes 8 times what Obama does.

Obama makes 1/8 of what Romney does but Romney gave 4 times as much to charity so compared to Romney Obama gave 37.5% more to charity than Romney.

Obama wins.

Someone might want to double check my math. I always hated word problems.

I double checked it a few posts up. Romney paid more than Obama any way you look at it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I don’t know how I feel about this. Only one person even tried to question my OP.

It must be pretty solid. I thought Romney fans would have tried to tear it apart.

You have a jumble of too many different topics all in one OP, the Medicare/Medicaid for instance is a complex issue which needs it's own post and what you have down is 100% false.

Look at 2010 reimbursement for inpatient psychitaric hospitals. Look at doctors rejecting new medicare/medicaid patients. Like I said it really needs it's own post, but it's been covered, and the Obama administration flat out lies.

Just an FYI I favor a single payer system, so I'm pretty much as unbiased as you get on this subject as I do not like what Romney will do either.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Saying something is false and proving it are two different things besides this is from Romney’s interview not the Obama campaign.

BTW my math was solid it was the figures people gave that was wrong. Somthing does not look right with your figures. What year did Romney make 13.7 million in the interview they said 20 million and Romney agreed.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Hey, Myth gave more to charity because he EARNED much, much more than Obama did. It's simple match. No bells and whistles there.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
After listening to Mr. Romney talk about his income comming from his investments and how he wants to be president in order to put people to work, I have to ask...

How much of his income, from his investments, comes from those investments which have been made in the U S?

If he wants to be the President of the United States should he not be willing to put his money where his mouth is and invest his money here rather than in some foriegn countries just because he gets a better tax break ??

I would say, if he were to win, he could not take office until he made a substancial financial investment here so he at least has a dog in the fight.

I would hope any "leader" of a country would be willing to cast his lot in to that countries financial fortunes.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, but if any of you have a 401k, 503b, certain pensions,or similar retirement fund....YOU are investing in the stock market. And any growth you got out of it is investment income. Now since it's retirement it's not taxed currently. But if you ever need to withdraw it prior to retirement you will be taxed and penalized. You will also be taxed on your investment return.

I see statements all the time about, " I don't invest" or " I am not in the market" when if you have any of the above, yes you do.

I also like it when people complain about American Companies doing well and making profits. When that happens the stock goes up. Which means the stocks your 401k goes up, which means you MAKE more money.

So if there is less capital taxing, and corporate taxing, and those companies make money...then by extension you do too.

I am not a big Romney fan, but I don't think he leads the country into another train wreck, and if he does, well then we know its' TPTB.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

It is fine when companies make a profit but why should many of them be able to get out of paying any taxes? Many of these companies pay their CEOs ungodly amounts of money while paying their employees minimum wage or just above it. I have a problem with trickledown economics because it does not work.

401ks are already protected but if it isn’t good enough perhaps regulations should change to affect 401k and 503b instead of simply lowering taxes on corporations again.

That would help people that have those plans but there are many many people that do not make enough money to invest in those plans. By cutting taxes on companies the nation will fall further into debt and that affects everyone.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Why should capital gains be taxed? Its like taxing a used car. how many times can you tax the same money? So lets say im rich, i pay 20% income tax. Then i put the money in the stock market (making a serious risk unless i have insider info). I make some money, get taxed 14% on it. But how much did i lose before i made that? What if the stock goes up and down and i make 100k, lose it, make it back....then what?

And god forbid i spend that money, then i pay another 6 to 10% taxes...

Ive already paid 9000 in tax withholdings this year. God only knows what i paid in sales/service taxes.

Its a scam like anything else.

Why is it that if i borrow money from a bank, i could pay up to 30% interest....sure, not a likely amount, but 10% is. If i put my money in a savings account i might get 1%. Wtf? im not even going to mention the western sky financial ads....oh yeah, borrow 5000 and pay back 25000

Lets say i buy a used car today. Maybe its 5 grand. If i drove it around the block and offered it back to the dealer its worth 2500. Wtf?

WOW!

I think this is the first time I agree with you completely... I never thought I would see the day. Good post!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My favorite Romneyism of the entire campaign so far

"I don't know why you can't open windows on airplanes".

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Well, on one hand I agree. 30 years ago CEO's made about 40 times the front line salaries. Now it's like 250 times. This is a problem and one I don't know exactly how to address. I don't beleive in salary and wage caps, or profiit caps, but maybe its' something worth discussing. Maybe base the corporate tax rates on it. Your company get a substantially lower corporate or payroll tax rate if you have substantially higher than average non executive payrolls. Might be something to look at.

Keeping corporate taxes low provides an incentive for a company to base it's operations in a particular state, city, country. Right now the US has some of hte highest corporate rates in the world, but with loopholes, some companies get away with paying nothing. It's a problem that needs a solution, but both sides (Rs and Ds) don't want to compromise and are stuck on ideology.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I would be fine with compromising on something like this. I would be fine with compromising on almost all the issues. Too bad you and I aren’t running the country

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Romney made 8 times as much as Obama did in 2011, he should be giving more to charity.

Exactly why we need to elect him. He knows business and how money is made. I'm not a fan of the guy, but when we have 2 # sandwiches to eat, I'll take the one with mustard.

Originally posted by jimmyx

right...and i'm sure he didn't write that off on his taxes, because he cares so much about the government he is trying to get elected to run.

do you have proof of anything, or are you just repeating the same deflections offered by the other far left Obama cult members are repeating?
edit on 24-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

This is proof of the echo chamber at work.
Mitt Romney is wealthy, so he must know how to make the US money.
Utterly ridiculous, unless of course you love taxes, which I doubt.
Secondly, Romney is a venture capitalist. He made his money with others peoples money and he outsorced jobs to China in the name of profit.
If that's why you're voting for Romney, then you're not only mistaken, but flat out misinformed about how things work.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'll vote Romney when hell freezes over!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join