It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting For Romney?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Romney gave 4+ million dollars to Charity in 2011, thats over 4x as much as Obummer, I recently moved to a swing state, and excited to vote in a swing state election I finally feel like my vote makes a difference, hopefully we can get some points out for Romney

Romney made 8 times as much as Obama did in 2011, he should be giving more to charity.

And let's not forget, a large chunk of Romney's donations are directl to the Church of LDS because it is required of him to do so.

At least Romney has faith in something besides himself...

right...and i'm sure he didn't write that off on his taxes, because he cares so much about the government he is trying to get elected to run.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Romney made 8 times as much as Obama did in 2011, he should be giving more to charity.

Exactly why we need to elect him. He knows business and how money is made. I'm not a fan of the guy, but when we have 2 # sandwiches to eat, I'll take the one with mustard.

Originally posted by jimmyx

right...and i'm sure he didn't write that off on his taxes, because he cares so much about the government he is trying to get elected to run.

do you have proof of anything, or are you just repeating the same deflections offered by the other far left Obama cult members are repeating?
edit on 24-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by Grimpachi

Vote for Romney? Hardly! As a matter of fact, I'll probably never vote for another republican candidate as long as I live, unless there is a total rebuild of the party and it's platform. Today, I can't tell them apart from the Ku Klux Klan of old.

IMO, Voting for Romney, or any republican for that matter, would be like begging for permanent enslavement.

F&S for the OP!

Rarely does an informed voter relying on their conscience vote FOR a candidate to occupy an office. Rather it is typical to NOT VOTE to ensure a candidate that will cause the most damage does not get that opportunity.

I often choose to eject an known, certain danger to society even if that other candidate has a lesser known record, even if it means one not of my typical party affiation.

Stopping the freight train to hell 1/2 mile away is a higher priority than worrying about the next train 100 miles away.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I question whether that faith is Christianity. The way he wants to treat the poor in this country goes against the teachings of Jesus. It's more along the lines of the prosperity fake Christianity. Where the rich are blessed and more revered by God than the poor get what they deserve.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
I have no idea why any of you would even vote, it makes absolutely no difference whats so ever,

Honestly people, wake up, WAKE UP!!!!

..and don't vote because it makes no difference?

Right

So tell me something, lets say you were a gay man in the military in 2007. How would your life be different than right now and why?
You vote for a politician because he will end something
it ends because he said so when he is elected

how is that no difference?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Exactly why we need to elect him. He knows business and how money is made. I'm not a fan of the guy, but when we have 2 # sandwiches to eat, I'll take the one with mustard.

I don't see why you think this is something the President needs to do, why should a President be concerned about making money?

The only way the government can "make money" is by taxes, but you seem opposed to taxes.

And in his business experience, the way Romney made his money was not by creating jobs and helping the American economy. The only way Romney knows how to make money is by exploitation of workers, out sourcing, and picking apart companies from the inside. His own party called him a "vulture capatilist" and that is exactly what he was.

Mitt Romney the businessman was not good for the American economy, so why would you want him to bring those principles and practices to the White House?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

do you have proof of anything, or are you just repeating the same deflections offered by the other far left Obama cult members are repeating?

Erm...
We know how much he gave to charity...because its on his tax returns as a deduction.
Your not following any news, are you?
edit on 24-9-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"Romney made 8 times as much as Obama did in 2011, he should be giving more to charity.

Exactly why we need to elect him. He knows business and how money is made. I'm not a fan of the guy, but when we have 2 # sandwiches to eat, I'll take the one with mustard."

Ya he knows how to make money...

By buying troubled companies, driving them into debt, raping them financially into the ground, then selling them out as the company goes bankrupt and everone looses their jobs.

He is nothing but a corporate raider. Look up KB Toys.

He knows nothing about creating jobs.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Erm...
We know how much he gave to charity...because its on his tax returns as a deduction.

Actually I posted a thread about it. I'm talking about your completely baseless accusations about where the charity went.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Erm...

Actually I posted a thread about it. I'm talking about your completely baseless accusations about where the charity went.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, gave about 30 percent of their $13.7 million in 2011 income to charity, but did not take the full write-off, making their effective tax rate higher.

The move, which was contained in Romney's 2011 tax return released on Friday, was described by tax experts as unusual and by the topSenate Democrat as manipulation of the tax code.

"I was in private practice for 40 years and don't know that I ever had a client who said, 'I don't want to take all my deductions,'" said David Kautter of American University's Kogod Tax Center, who spent his career at accounting giant Ernst & Young.

Kautter estimated that if Romney had taken the full charitable tax break, his effective tax rate would have been about 10.5 percent. The return showed Romney paid an effective rate of 14.1 percent last year.

He had to take the higher tax rate, because he said he never paid less than 13%. After the elections he will contest it and get the last 4%

After all, Romney said if he paid more than legally required of him on taxes, he wouldn't be qualified as president (his words).
Well...by upping last years tax bracket artificially, he literally did pay more than legally required...and by his words, made him unqualified for being a president...in trying to cover up a lie, he damned himself...

But you don't care, do you...honesty means jack when it comes to wanting your "team" to win.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Seems like he does.

And

Knows small government also
(not that this is ideal..but even with republicans stopping every jobs bill to see the light of day, the economy is still improving..in spite of obstructionism.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

So Romney gave 4 times as much to charity but he makes 8 times what Obama does.

Obama makes 1/8 of what Romney does but Romney gave 4 times as much to charity so compared to Romney Obama gave 37.5% more to charity than Romney.

Obama wins.

Someone might want to double check my math. I always hated word problems.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Pretty much Hudson, My motto right now is "anyone is better than Obama" we can all be sitting here in the tin hats saying "they are the same thing blah blah blah" but I live in the real world, and frankly... Obama hasnt done crap except ruin business and the economy.... So I'm casting my vote in a swing state for Obama, and I can tell you this .... I count way more Romney stickers than I do Obama stickers

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don’t know how I feel about this. Only one person even tried to question my OP.

It must be pretty solid. I thought Romney fans would have tried to tear it apart.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Romney gave 4+ million dollars to Charity in 2011, thats over 4x as much as Obummer, I recently moved to a swing state, and excited to vote in a swing state election I finally feel like my vote makes a difference, hopefully we can get some points out for Romney

And let's not forget, a large chunk of Romney's donations are directl to the Church of LDS because it is required of him to do so.

who cares we all do the same thing... try to pay less taxes that actually do nothing for us in the first place...

doesn't matter, my mind is set and swing state voter here... so doesn't matter what you say I will still vote for Romney on Election day... Hey im a rapper, maybe Obama can hang out with me instead of doing real work

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
I have no idea why any of you would even vote, it makes absolutely no difference whats so ever,

Honestly people, wake up, WAKE UP!!!!

..and don't vote because it makes no difference?

Right

So tell me something, lets say you were a gay man in the military in 2007. How would your life be different than right now and why?
You vote for a politician because he will end something
it ends because he said so when he is elected

how is that no difference?

You have not named a difference, there is no difference, gay man went to military starting from Roman and Greek days just as they do now, nothing has changed, voting for some actor in a suit wouldn't result in any changes, it never has and never will, tell me the last time someone got elected and they actually listened to the people and their needs?

Do you personally want to drive a gasoline powered vehicle when the gas prices keep rising?
Does it make sense for candidates or presidents to make so much money? and if yes for what?
Do you like eating food that is poisoned when the government is aware of it?
Why does the government spend your hard earned money to kill other people, are you okay with that also?
Most laws are based on lies which presidents are also aware of, such as HEMP and immigration laws ect ect...

what difference does it make when the people you vote for change NOTHING in reality that actually effects everyday people, and their laws a legislations and statues work for corporations not you, why vote for a persona when they are no there to represent the people as they should be?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Romney
Income: 13.7 million
Taxes: 1.95 million
Charity: 4 million
Percent Donated to Charity: 29%
Percent to Taxes and Charity: 43%

Obama
Income: 789,000
Taxes: 162,000
Charity: 172,000
Percent Donated to Charity: 21%
Percent to Taxes and Charity: 42%

Romney gave a much higher percent to charity and paid more of his overall income than Obama did. Sorry, you lose.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

YEAH...he gave the vast majority of it to the mormon church, who keep secret their expenditures and are tax exempt...what a guy!

He donated $4 million dollars, I believe only $1.1 million was to the Mormon church. So 25% is the vast majority? Looks like a minority to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

"Romney made 8 times as much as Obama did in 2011, he should be giving more to charity.

Exactly why we need to elect him. He knows business and how money is made. I'm not a fan of the guy, but when we have 2 # sandwiches to eat, I'll take the one with mustard."

Ya he knows how to make money...

By buying troubled companies, driving them into debt, raping them financially into the ground, then selling them out as the company goes bankrupt and everone looses their jobs.

He is nothing but a corporate raider. Look up KB Toys.

KB Toys, the company that Bain invested in AFTER 2000 when Romney had left? What am I looking at again?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join