It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake with a head at each end?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A family in Ware Shoals, SC found a snake with 2 heads. I've heard of and seen that before, only this one has heads at both ends of its body, which while I'm sure has occured before, I've never seen it. Thought some people might find this interesting.

www.wbtv.com...

fox8.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"I wanna call it Billy-Bob"

Good job at fitting into stereotypes kid... Good job.

-sigh-

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
it would seem
this happens more often
than you might think

Nat G

"Just watching them feed, often fighting over which head will swallow the prey, shows that feeding takes a good deal of time, during which they would be highly vulnerable to predators," said Burghardt. "They also have a great deal of difficulty deciding which direction to go, and if they had to respond to an attack quickly they would just not be capable of it."

which way do I go

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Brings to mind...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

Here is the pic for those who don't want to go to the link.

Pretty cool find OP!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
ouroboros
The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end (compare with phoenix). It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting from the beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished. The Ouroboros has been important in religious and mythological symbolism, but has also been frequently used in alchemical illustrations, where it symbolizes the circular nature of the alchemist's opus. It is also often associated with Gnosticism, and Hermeticism. Carl Jung interpreted the Ouroboros as having an archetypal significance to the human psyche.[citation needed] The Jungian psychologist Erich Neumann writes of it as a representation of the pre-ego "dawn state", depicting the undifferentiated infancy experience of both mankind and the individual child.[2]

that is a deep find op
snf

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Its an interesting deformity but I don't see it living very long in their care. In fact they shouldn't even bother naming it. "Hey, Y'all, this is my cool snake, WHAT!!! its dead? Maybe I shouldn't 'ave put it in an air tight container.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Very cool find!! I would not like to find a snake in my yard, but this one would pull my curiosity before my fear!!
I bet it would be frustrating trying to go one way and having another dictate if you could or couldn't! Lol!
Thanks for sharing! This is very interesting! Star&Flag!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
it would seem
this happens more often
than you might think

Nat G

"Just watching them feed, often fighting over which head will swallow the prey, shows that feeding takes a good deal of time, during which they would be highly vulnerable to predators," said Burghardt. "They also have a great deal of difficulty deciding which direction to go, and if they had to respond to an attack quickly they would just not be capable of it."

which way do I go

Anomaly, Not Evolution

Two-headed snakes typically occur in the same way that Siamese twins do. A developing embryo begins to split into identical twins but then stops part way, leaving the twins joined. Among humans, 75 percent of conjoined twins are stillborn or die within 24 hours.

From your link Spoon. Ive actually seen those before, but never seen one with a head at both ends.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I want to see an MRI on this thing.
Do they share a digestive system or other key internal organs?
or Is it more like two seperate snakes that are joined together?

I wonder if there is a nuclear power plant near by?

Interesting find.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Very interesting occurrence.

Didn't someone here recently post their dream in which they fought a two-headed snake?

ETA: Here it is
edit on 24-9-2012 by Ulyeney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have but one question:

How exactly does this snake "do it's business"?

If food goes in both ends it has me wondering where it comes out. Sick, I know, but inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Nice find a snake with two heads a head where it is normal to be and a head where it should be the tail.

I wonder what kind of a sign could be this...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

How exactly does this snake "do it's business"?

I had the same question.

I really want to see how this thing functions internally.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It looks like it has twin digestion intake ports/fronts and possibly they connect or twist and make 1 digestive outtake port rear. But could have 2 of intake and outtake just not seen clear in images.
edit on 9/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

If it didn't combine to make 1, it must suck to be the outlet port (head).......

You always seem to get my brain going all over the place O!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Chrisfishenstein, you know how Outta box I think lol got to keep the minds moving

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
closest thing to a real CATDOG

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
It looks like it has twin digestion intake ports/fronts and possibly they connect or twist and make 1 digestive outtake port rear. But could have 2 of intake and outtake just not seen clear in images.
edit on 9/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

I would think it's shared. One of the heads seems less developed and is subject to the "bigger head".. no jokes please. The less developed head is probably slightly .. shall we say mentally handicapped... at least as much as snakes can think. I would think if it had to feed itself, it would have died before now. Because it doesn't seem to be able to fend for itself.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Now that's just creepy man, look at it, just look. Nature can be weird sometimes! Id rush to the nearest safe zone if I saw this thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join