It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did CNN and the Obama administration just break up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sorry if I don't make this OP too long, but last week I noticed stories showing up on CNN that they wouldn't have run a couple months ago.

The ticker, for the last year has been a steady "Good News for Obama", or "Bad News for Republican X".

Now it reads "Obama's Big Dissappointment", and apparently, today, the State Dept. is FURIOUS with them over releasing parts of the late ambassador's journal, saying it dealt a major blow to CIA ops.

I'm sure it will be a bigger story as time goes by.

So are they done? Will they make up?

I get the feeling somebody's gonna' be dating another.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
CNN is only US news channel I watch and they'll bring up any news story that will bring views.

They are more left.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, we all know CNN normally humps whatever happens to be the current administration.

but...

Links are emerging, expect more...

CNN defends report based on Chris Stevens' diary

CNN broke a pledge to the late ambassador's family that it wouldn't report on the diary, said State Department spokesman Philippe Reines, a senior adviser to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. In a blistering statement, Reines called CNN's actions "indefensible."

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
CNN has always seemed to be the most fair of the networks when talking about FOX, MSNBC, and CNN. There have even been studies that show this.

newswise.com...

Using the Contrast Analysis of Semantic Similarity (CASS) text analysis software, the researchers evaluated 12 months’ worth of transcripts from MSNBC, FOX and CNN. Confirming their hypotheses and validating the CASS method, FOX demonstrated a conservative bias, while MSNBC exhibited a liberal leaning. CNN fell squarely in between.

I don't think CNN has ever been on Obama's side, I have always seen both positive and negative stories on CNN about Obama, Democrats, and Republicans.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Carney Q&A coming up...

Man, it's painful to watch sometimes.

The longer he holds that job, the longer he has to hesitate to complete a sentence.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Obama is on the hotseat for dissing Israel, and Bilderbergs decided that Romney would be more sheep-like, so they are supporting him. The media just follows orders (not from Obama).

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The "lamestream media" as Fox calls them, have been running more negative stories than positive ones about Obama ever since he was a candidate.

The idea that the "liberal" media is friendly to Obama is a myth.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
CNN is only US news channel I watch and they'll bring up any news story that will bring views.

They are more left.

Then you're as biased as the folks who say that they'll only watch FOX, just on the other side of the coin.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think i heard CNN has a new editor. Supposedly he is more center than left and is having a hard time of it since the CNN staff/reporters are left leaning. This story would make sense if that is the case. It does afterall come down to money in the end and CNN is losing viewers.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

CNN is more liberal than FOX is conservative, there will be no breakup.

top topics

join