It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

97 Percent of Our DNA has a Higher Purpose and is Not 'Junk' as Labeled by Scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute
97 PERCENT OF OUR DNA HAS A HIGHER PURPOSE AND IS NOT "JUNK" As Labeled by Scientists

Who founded out that it was not junk? Anti-Scientists?

Science is a learning process, Scientists are forever students of nature.

I'm not sure why i feel animosity toward scientists in your title.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's my understanding as well that DNA essentially contains the knowledge of the universe. The main challenge is how to unlock and awaken this knowledge. The main book that turned me onto these concepts was The Cosmic Serpent by Jeremy Narby which connected many of the dots of these fringe subjects.

Thank you for the positivity!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by Kluute

How do you propose to research it? By performing a colonoscopy on the author? Because it the quote I cited in my previous post sounds like it originated in the author's rectal region.

I don't suppose you've done any research on that or have any evidence you want to share, do you?

Thanks for the 'witty' response. Such a narrow point of view sir.

here are a couple of threads i've authored on the subject. and I dont think its difficult to google 12 strands of DNA now is it? You just don't want to. You act like a child.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

I hope some of the skeptics will... do a bit of their own research instead of passing this off as hoax data or any other poor excuse.

I did my own research.

If DNA was actually found to have twelve strands, it would be big news in the scientific community. Huge news, actually; it would shake the foundations of molecular biology. So I decided to look for the original peer-reviewed study in which this announcement was made. I couldn't find it. It doesn't appear to exist.

Next, I went looking for news articles about the discovery on the web sites of three highly reputed scientific magazines, New Scientist, Scientific American and Nature. If DNA had been found to have twelve strands, these magazines would certainly be abuzz with the news.

The text string I used for the search was '"12 strand" "twelve strand" dna"'. New Scientist, whose search engine returns results for any term in the box, gave me a string or results – basically, every article ever published in the magazine about DNA – but after looking through the first few pages of results, none of them was about DNA having more than two strands. The other two site searches produced zero results.

Earlier, my Google search for the original paper brought in a whole slew of results for "12-strand DNA". Most of them trace to some talk of 'Russian discoveries' announced at something called the Galactic Gathering Conference, or to an 'esoteric healer' named Steve Jones.

So I googled them next.

I discovered that the Galactic Gathering is (or was) an annual event organized by something called the Institute for the Study of Galactic Civilizations.

As for Steve Jones, he turned out to be an internet quack who wants to sell you hypnotherapy videos.

It was now perfectly clear to me that no scientist has ever discovered, or claimed to discover, that DNA has twelve strands. It's a load of tripe – and obviously, therefore, so is the rest of the article you posted.

If you disagree, prove me wrong. It'll be hard, because I did my own research.

The brain does not like contradictory information which causes dissonance and adjusts competing facts to relieve dissonance so as to strive for a singular world view. This phenomenon works alongside a complimentary phenomenon known as the confirmation bias. The confirmation bias is the tendency to remember information which confirms your beliefs and ignore information which contradicts your beliefs.

This may well be the explanation for your eagerness to believe a load of tripe.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It's sad to see the focus on one aspect, 12-stranded helix and the disregard for other more promising experimental research areas.

The 12-stranded helix isn't true.

But the solitonic DNA and Wave Genetics are promising areas with peer reviewed literature emerging.

Solitonic DNA is not fully investigated and preliminary, but the Wave Genetics part is more advanced and has more volume of papers to support it.
edit on 25-9-2012 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

There are indeed some other threads on ATS about emerging genetic research, that are based on science and quite interesting.

However when this thread talks about BS, there is no expectation to have a discussion about emerging scientific research in this thread, rather, it should be moved to the [HOAX!] forum instead.

reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks for doing that research Astyanax, now we know the source. I was pretty sure DNA didn't have 12 strands. There's another guy (Marko Rodin) who claims DNA has 3 strands, but apparently nobody but him has ever noticed the third strand. I don't think he's ever seen it either, but it fits into his "3 is a magic number" spiel.

It amazes me the way con artists can make up a complete fantasy and some people will not only believe it, but then post it and try to defend it!

edit on 25-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Your DNA has the potential to become 12 stranded - I am not here to argue whether this is true or not, i am here to inform you of your potential - whether you choose to accept it or deny is not my problem.

www.in5d.com...

www.under-one-roof.net...

www.sunhealer.com...

www.thetadnaactivation.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

psychedelicadventure.blogspot.co.uk...

www.spiritsofnativelight.org...

www.angelgathering.com...

www.kryon.com...

There is lots of information out there, sometimes you have to look in the most unlikely of places and dig deep into the core of the internet to find it, much of the information has been hidden from you finding it so easily as typing 12 stranded dna into google....

If you are really interested or even remotely bothered you will do the searching yourself.

Peace

edit on 25/9/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/9/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

I can make up fantasies too. Here's your source:

www.sunhealer.com...

Kryon is channeled by Lee Carroll - learn more

You Have 12 Strands of DNA

Dear ones, you have been told by other channels something which has been discussed by Kryon as well: that you have twelve strands of DNA. Why do you think there are twelve? For those who don't believe you have twelve, we ask you then to simply look at the two you do believe in. When you look at the two visible biological strands, what do you see in the organization of them? The answer is that you see the pattern of four repeated three times.... over and over and over. So your biology and your DNA structure is base twelve!
Now here is my made-up story:

from Noyrk, channeled by Llorroc Eel

Dear ones, you have been told by other channels something which has been discussed by Kryon as well: that you have twelve strands of DNA. For those who don't believe you have twelve, we ask you then to simply look at the two you do believe in. When you look at the two visible biological strands, what do you see in the organization of them? The answer is that you see the pattern of four repeated six times.... over and over and over. So your biology and your DNA structure is base 24, and you should not believe those like Kryon who falsely claim it's only base 12!
24 strands is better than 12, wouldn't you agree? Oops, unless you happen to be selling some nonsense materials about 12 things you made up. By the way, Noyrk is Kyron spelled backwards.

Unless you can show why your made-up fantasy is any better than my made-up fantasy, I suggest you contact a mod and have this thread moved to the hoax bin.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
While I do think there is more to the brain than is currently known, the idea that it's been stuck in some "universal time matrix" is just using new findings in research to fit an agenda. This year is no more special than any other and there will be no amazing spiritual awakening of the masses.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Whether this stuff is true or false, information is simply information until you can validate it for yourself. Luckily, info like this can been individually tested through meditative practices rather than placing all our faith in the hands of perceived higher authority like religion or scientific communities. Science is constantly evolving and this universe is not so simple that it can be measured by modern day tools or human logic.

If anything, I'm just glad to be living in a time where resources and opinions can be pooled together like this.

Much love!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 2x Helix

Great response, thanks, I appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join