It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Clouds Are Getting Lower

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by benrl

Isn't funny, contrails cool the planet, on 911 when they stopped air traffic the temp actually rose.

Who says contrails cools the planet?

No. The temperature did not actually rise when air traffic was stopped after the attacks. What one study found was that the diurnal temperature change became greater. The study found that contrails sort of stabilize the day/night change in temperature by an average of 1ยบ, keeping it a bit warmer at night and a bit cooler during the day. No net warming or cooling effect was indicated by the study but it does reinforce other studies showing that contrails have a net warming effect.
edit on 9/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I stand corrected.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is odd. I have been thinking over the past year that the lower clouds seem much more lower than usual. Not sure if its something that should be visible based on this article, but I've taken several pictures over the years (including 2 days ago) where the clouds seems to be far more low than usual.

Good read!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Sampling a period of.. 10 years out of 4.5 billion?

This is why I consider climate scientist to be quacks.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by smyleegrl

Sampling a period of.. 10 years out of 4.5 billion?

This is why I consider climate scientist to be quacks.

Yes, the article states its not enough time to notice long-term trends and patterns. But I do think there's credence to observing things now.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Anthony2

Originally posted by new_here
I hope this is not due to atmosphere shrinkage.

This is something I've been noticing every now and then for the last 40 - 50 years, but haven't mentioned to too many people because they might find it too off-the-wall. But I have noticed both together - that the clouds are getting slightly lower, and that when you see those beautiful pictures of the atmosphere from space, the band has become narrower since the 1960s. Obviously, it's necessary to compare pictures taken from similar angles and distances away. Cause - I don't know but all these theories are interesting.

I think this is exactly why they may be focusing on fukushima and other nuclear plants. If natural background radiation spikes they will have bought enough time distracting us with nukes, and by the time we figure it out they'll have the doors locked...

I keep having dreams about rocks hitting the ground. They were exploding meteorites. I'm thinking if this is true about the atmosphere, then, it would be easier for space rocks to make it down to earth..

"The sky is falling.. The sky is falling!"

hehe

Not falling, but perhaps decreasing in diameter. That's not to say it might not increase again, as a lot of things seem to go in cycles of much longer than the 10 years they've been studying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join