It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual Motion is not a Myth.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Awesomeness.

My wife will not be impressed with what is about to happen to her cat.

*in tears

Please consider others when conducting household science and post to youtube

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Fail.

I suppose I shouldn't have expected any more from ATS.

Now for a perpetual motion machine that actually works.....

We all know that if you drop a piece of buttered toast that it will always land buttered side down. It's one of those annoying facts of physics that we live with, day-to-day.

Now, we also know that a cat - when dropped - will always land on it's feet.

All we have to do is attach a piece of buttered toast to the back of the cat with the buttered side facing up.

Now we simply drop the cat and watch the wonder of nature as the cats natural instinct to land on its feet is counteracted by the toasts natural tendency to land buttered side down.....We are ultimately left with a feline hovering above the ground in a permanent state of rotation.

edit on 24/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

I gave you a star for this but I don't think it will work perpetually....not saying it won't work
for awhile, but eventually you are going to have to replace the cat.....I'm just saying

I'm gonna try it on my neighbors cat tonight and let ya know.....wish me luck

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dontlaughthink

If you worry about patent rights being made by other people then take the time to patent your idea . After that , if you truly are able to prove perpetual motion, then disclose your proof on many different sites so that everyone can benefit from it. With you owning the patent , you can charge or not charge for the info. and no one will be able to make money on your idea.
As far as the negative responses, sure people are skeptical due to so many claims of perpetual motion without any of them being really honest. All of them show the machine or idea working without any load on it. That is the real proof of there being perpetual motion or just a fancy science exhibit.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

That's not perpetual motion. Using the sun would be using another source of energy which is not perpetual motion. Once you get a perpetual motion device to start, it won't stop and doesn't require any outside source. There is no such thing as free energy, all energy is conserved, it cannot be created or destroyed.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by butcherguy

Butcher guy, perpetual has never meant forever, as forever is nonsense. Nothing is "forever" not even space or time. You are interpreting it to mean "forever" which is nonsense. If a man makes a machine and it runs for the length of his life without outside energy added, it would be labeled as perpetual motion, by every scientist on the planet. Stop using semantics to try to argue your point. It is not based in rational thought.

Erm you are having a laugh please look up the meaning of perpetual ! For those without a dictionary or are unwilling to look it up lest the description conflicts with their belief system, perpetual means forever.

Every true scientist on the planet would only label a machine as perpetual if they believed it would run forever....as in the dictionary definition.

Science does not recognize forever so the idiots who say the planets and solar systems are not perpetual because it means forever are using a non-scientific term to define perpetual. It also means continuous...

Websters 1828
1828.mshaffer.com...

perpetual

PERPET'UAL, a. [L. perpetuus, from perpes, perpetis; per and pes, from a root signifying to pass.]

1. Never ceasing; continuing forever in future time; destined to be eternal; as a perpetual covenant; a perpetual statute.
[Literally true with respect to the decrees of the Supreme Being.]

2. Continuing or continued without intermission; uninterrupted; as a perpetual stream; the perpetual action of the heart and arteries.

3. Permanent; fixed; not temporary; as a perpetual law or edict; perpetual love or amity, perpetual incense. Ex.30.

Notice the example given in number 2 for perpetual is the action of the heart and arteries which everyone knows will stop one day.

It is pretty obvious to anyone but narrow minded fools and orthodox academic cultists the planets in continual rotation for millions of years is perpetual motion, proof of concept, and absolute physical evidence it is possible!

edit on 24-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by snapoutofit

there is more energy in once cubic centimetre of space, than all that we can see in the observeable universe

I beg you to please select better illustrations to the points you are advancing. The above illustration has no read meaning and will only confuse the laymen, that will probably not see even your attempt to be smart. Those that understand your argument would at least raise several concerns in the terms you are making the proposition a being completely idiotic...

Disregarding the definitions of "space" and "observable universe". Since I can observe more than a cubic centimeter of space, the phrase is complete nonsense, even if I understand the point you intended to make...

edit on 24-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The problem with perpetual motion devises is that all elements will in time experience decay. Like in the case of Uranium turning into lead, one day, even elements like carbon will go through the same thing.

The fundamental problem with the claims of the original poster is that water evaporates.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I think he means harnessing the energy of the universe itself. Literally breaking reality as we know it. Such as taking a piece of paper and utilizing its energy until it somewhat non existent in our realm of senses, and into just energy. Like the big bang, nothing to something but in reverse lol

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by Zachsfunk49

You call BS... and me a liar.... so you don't want to know, fair enough.

Trifling with us "Sir"?

If you think you are getting "over unity";You are A) introducing measuring errors; B)not seeing what you think you are seeing; or C) just flat out missing something;even D)creating a neat magicians parlor trick illusion.

If you don't know what I'm talking about; you can take your silly little concept down the hall.

If you truly are smart or insightful enough to "out think" the greatest physicists and Engineers in history; you don't need us to stroke your ego.

Build it; prove the entire body of work done in the name of physics a farce. and the world;fortune and fame will beat a path to your door! and who wouldn't like a part in a Spielberg movie about their own life;unlimited research grants and hawt lab assistants????????????????????.Your claim is that sensational!

Rant ends...
Just when I think this place has removed its collective head from its nether regions; we're back to this "crapola"...

edit on 24-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This thread would rank among the worst I have read on this site, if it wasn't for this:

All we have to do is attach a piece of buttered toast to the back of the cat with the buttered side facing up.

Now we simply drop the cat and watch the wonder of nature as the cats natural instinct to land on its feet is counteracted by the toasts natural tendency to land buttered side down.....We are ultimately left with a feline hovering above the ground in a permanent state of rotation.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Perpetual motion is not impossible, perpetual motion in one constant state at one constant wavelength is impossible because it breaks all the rules of this universe. The one constant is change, the second constant is motion, between the two you have the thing called life and death.

Perpetual motion is impossible because everything eventually breaks down, even atoms, and the magnetic forces and the rest of the forces in the universe eventually lose there charge and power. So as you see, you cant make it go on forever, but ya you can make something that goes on for a long long time, even millennia or possibly for eons, but eventually everything just breaks down and changes, so nothing goes in one constant perpetual motion forever.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

Like accessing the potential energy of an element? What that will do is effectively speed of the process of decay.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This thread is amazing. How come I didn’t get this much attention when I patented and posted a working free energy system here or ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
I'm confused. I looked at all of his replies and it looked like he gave instructions and then everybody is saying "fail". Did I miss something? Did anybody try this?

link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by 46ACE

It only takes 2 hours to build..

well knock yourself out! that IS a breakthrough! I've got about 1200 images to sort through from a wedding last weekend. I'll check back in a couple of hours.
Hmmmm all of physics being turned on its head like a chinese acrobat!
Right here on ATS! in two hours!

I'm sorry; you may be a generally nice person ;and I'm taking advantage of this thread."making light"of your claim.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
This thread would rank among the worst I have read on this site, if it wasn't for this:

That did garner a "chortle"! I like cats but the anology was "priceless"

Somebody has to expend energy lifting the cat to a suitable height to drop; The butter loses its attraction powers if you don't have to clean the floor etc..So many facets
the cat's got a 15minute union break and ASPCA lunch breaks.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If you release the instructions in full to the public domain no one can patent it after the fact. However once you do it you can no longer patent it. You also must be able to prove when it was released into the public domain.

I ll give the device a shot I built the Tesla Radiant energy circuit and it works.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Perpetual motion is not impossible, perpetual motion in one constant state at one constant wavelength is impossible because it breaks all the rules of this universe. The one constant is change,

More Psuedo science babble: Like Obama"change" of what? (volume?) velocity? density? mass? rate of acceleration(Ohhhh" baby calculus ;" change of a change"?)

the second constant is motion,
Motion from where to where?

between the two you have the thing called life and death.
Rock lyrics?Really?hmmm."You never studied..."

Perpetual motion is impossible because everything eventually breaks down, even atoms, and the magnetic forces and the rest of the forces in the universe eventually lose there charge and power. So as you see, you cant make it go on forever, but ya you can make something that goes on for a long long time, even millennia or possibly for eons, but eventually everything just breaks down and changes, so nothing goes in one constant perpetual motion forever.

That paragraph I can agree with. Even the artist with the magnets and the metal cue ball; probably noticed a slight heating of his ball(s)
Everytime it passed a magnetic field thefields built up and then collapsed as the ball passed: this would (induce)create eddy currents in the steel and "inductive heating" a common manufacturing process. energy from themagnet expended as heat!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
I would like to see Perpetual motion machine, but that is impossible. Motion is energy, and energy doesn't spawn from nothingness. All the Perpetual motion machines I have seen stop at some point.

If they work, our physics are wrong and science is failure

And they laugh at you at the Patent office, then the men in white coats take care of you
edit on 24-9-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

Using magnets to try and achieve perpetual motion uses the energy captured in a magnet. Of course the magnet will eventually lose its force, so technically it isn't perpetual.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
If you release the instructions in full to the public domain no one can patent it after the fact. However once you do it you can no longer patent it. You also must be able to prove when it was released into the public domain.

I ll give the device a shot I built the Tesla Radiant energy circuit and it works.

Its uh... called a "radio" picking up voltage transmitted through the air. I've got one on my desk.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join