It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Charged with Chemical Poisoning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

It is not the fact that the pesticides help maintain crops and prevent massive losses. It's more about the fact that Monsanto LIES about the benefits with blatant misleading statements such as "biodegradeable" and so on when they KNOW they are full of it. Then they jack the prices up and yes, "make tons of money".

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is a recently released study confirming the dangers of Monsanto's GM food.

"This new study joins a list of over 30 other animal studies showing toxic or allergenic problems with genetically engineered foods.
Does 10 percent or more of your diet consist of genetically engineered (GE) ingredients? At present, you can't know for sure, since GE foods are not labeled in the US. But chances are, if you eat processed foods, your diet is chock full of genetically engineered ingredients you didn't even know about."
www.nationofchange.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
reply to post by purplemer

Grow everything organically and watch the world starve, not just the poor countries.

Do you honestly think we had more starving people before Monsanto started patenting produce? Do you really think that the new hydro-farming facilities that produce ungodly amounts of food without energy can't feed the world? People aren't being "saved" by Monsanto.

You sound like those people who think mankind couldn't have figured out how to wipe its collective butt without alien tech or divine intervention.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Yeah like Canola Oil -- people love it since it's cheap. Yep a bottle of carcinogens. Is that food? Nope.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yeah I just stopped using the toilet and then took the leaves from the yard and the biochar from European invasive tree species that I burned for heat and cooking and then I composted my own manure for a year and then I had amazing bumper crop of food that I'm still feasting on.

Probably 100 pounds of organic tomatoes.

also you can grow "green manure" from legumes -- I bought 50 pounds of pea seed and it comes with bacteria innoculate.

People think farming with hand tools is out dated by if you use polyculture then you have more plants in the same growing area and say if you plant beans between the corn rows then the beans provide nitrogen for the corn -- as legumes fix nitrogen from the air, provided they have the bacteria in their roots.

So I grow pea sprouts and I bought 50 pounds of wheat seed organic -- as it's cheaper to buy in bulk - and then plant it for sprouts. So combine the two and you have a complete protein and the sprouts have tons of magnesium and chlorophyll to clean the blood.

So if you use humanure compost you get all the micronutrients that are not provided in oil-based fertilizers -- so you get calcium, etc.

Yeah we were giving out jars of pickles and I am still feasting on cucumbers and I'll have some final sweet corn tonight now that I think about it.

I just used invasive buckthorn from Europe to make deer fencing. So saving my own crap is money.

People think saving your crap is strange but it is the sustainable way to grow food -- I went to the oldest Berber village in Morocco and for thousands of years they fed themselves by composting their own crap and it transformed the desert mountain land into fertile fields. You just need a shredded up carbon source like yard leaves or saw dust -- and you can read John Jenkins book to give all the science on thermophilic composting that sanitizes the manure using aerobic bacteria. download the book here

So that's how all of Asia fed itself and people think it was unsanitary but not if they compost it and even if you just let the manure "age" like with cow manure then after six months it kills the rotavirus. But obviously you compost the manure.

So this ecological sanitation is promoted by the Swedish Environment Institute because it saves clean drinking water and also saves electricity to pump the water and also you get free fertilizer that has micronutrients so it's way better than oil-based fertilizer and the world is running out of phosphorus.

Also this prevents disease compared to pit latrines.

So this is really a miracle to actually understand the ecology of creating fertile soil and also how to properly dispose of human waste. The Roman Empire had to build aqueducts because they crapped in their clean water supply which is really stupid but brainwashed Westerners just go -- wow look at those aqueducts that's so cool. haha. They don't realize that actually the Roman Empire was idiotic and created vast deserts from improper farming.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah and Europe relies on importing subsidized grain from India to feed the animals in Europe while the farmers in India need the grain to feed themselves. Since the farmers are not paid enough then the government doesn't give the farmers enough value to feed themselves since farmers do manual labor so they need to eat more calories but rich spoiled fat people can't understand why someone doing manual labor would need to eat me. Rich spoiled fat people don't imagine what it is like -- can not imagine what it is like -- lack the visceral experience -- of hard manual labor with hand tools. Hand tools burns lots of calories but the farmers in India are forced to buy pesticides and Monsanto toxic and so the farmers then actually commit suicide with the pesticides -- something like 24 farmers a day commit suicide in India using pesticides.

In what has been called the single largest wave of recorded suicides in human history, Indian farmers are now killing themselves in record numbers. It has been extensively reported, even in mainstream news, but nothing has been done about the issue. The cause? Monsanto’s cost-inflated and ineffective seeds have been driving farmers to suicide, and is considered to be one of the largest — if not the largest — cause of the quarter of a million farmer suicides over the past 16 years. According to the most recent figures (provided by the New York University School of Law), 17,638 Indian farmers committed suicide in 2009 — about one death every 30 minutes. In 2008, the Daily Mail labeled the continual and disturbing suicide spree as ‘The GM (genetically modified) Genocide’. Due to failing harvests and inflated prices that bankrupt the poor farmers, struggling Indian farmers began to kill themselves. Oftentimes, they would commit the act by drinking the very same insecticide that Monsanto supplied them with — a gruesome testament to the extent in which Monsanto has wrecked the lives of independent and traditional farmers. Read more: naturalsociety.com...

So Monsanto is a U.S. corporation killing the farmers in India so that Europe can have cheap subsidized imported grain to fatten their animals while the farmers of India starve to death and suffer malnutrition.

This dude has all the details.
edit on 25-9-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

You would find live more revealing if you did not prejudice people on there looks and instead listened to what they say....

Unfortunately, It's called stereotyping, and listening them only re-enforces the sterotype. My point was that there are people that lead a "less alternative lifestyle" that are also organic. This video is trying to make the organic people seem loopy and nutty, which isn't the case. It's just the way it is. They can live how they want.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

On the basis of the data of Wolff, Kellner and Carpenter, or of Hall, the people of the United States and of Europe are pouring into the sea, lakes or rivers and into the underground waters from 5,794,300 to 12,000,000 pounds of nitrogen; 1,881,900 to 4,151,000 pounds of potassium, and 777,200 to 3,057,600 pounds of phosphorus per million of adult population annually, and this waste we esteem one of the great achievements of our civilization. In the Far East, for more than thirty centuries, these enormous wastes have been religiously saved and today the four hundred million of adult population send back to their fields annually 150,000 tons of phosphorus; 376,000 tons of potassium, and 1,158,000 tons of nitrogen comprised in a gross weight exceeding 182 million tons, gathered from every home, from the country villages and from the great cities like Hankow-Wuchang-Hanyang with its 1,770,000 people swarming on a land area delimited by a radius of four miles.

Farmers of Forty Centuries by F.H. King: IX THE UTILIZATION OF WASTE

Yeah organic farmers need to start using humanure compost but Westerners are fecophobes!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

Yeah I just stopped using the toilet and then took the leaves from the yard and the biochar from European invasive tree species that I burned for heat and cooking and then I composted my own manure for a year and then I had amazing bumper crop of food that I'm still feasting on.

Sounds like a good set up you have there. I started growing my own vegetables. I have been harvesting this year for the first time. Its real nice to be able to go out into the garden and pick what you are about to eat. I still have a lot to learn and I plan on expanding next year..

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Nature doesn't belong to man....Man BELONGS TO NATURE!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Those who advocate that pesticides are the only way to grow crops need to look at history. How did we survive thus far? By hunting only? I am sure that the Roman, Sumerian, Mongolian empire all used pesticides to grow their crops right?

You know not every "advancement" is a step forward. We should learn from nature as it has all the answers waiting for us to observe them. We need to set our arrogance aside and look how to work with it instead of trying to control it.

edit on 25-9-2012 by bitsforbytes because: I am only human

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Grow everything organically and watch the world starve, not just the poor countries.

That is such a pile of crap. It's what the FDA, gov't says, has never been proven to be true, and in fact, realistic estimates forecast you could easily produce as much food by organic methods.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yes this year was my first big harvest. If I can continue composting humanure then I can expand my production of food. haha.

At first I got attacked by then when I was bringing in so much food my family were happy. So the local Hmong farmers were attacked as an "eyesore" because they had shacks to sleep in and for their tools. The Hmong practice polyculture gardening with hand tools but they actually make more money per acre because they work harder and spend less money on oil-based synthetic inputs. So then the local multi-millionaires attacked the Hmong with a new license fee even though the Western farmers pay no license fee to farm -- the local multi-millionaires claimed the Hmong were "disrupting quietude." So then finally the local government decided to stop attacking the Hmong for now.

This is class warfare when poor people are not allowed to grow food in order to survive on land that the rich sit idle as "development lots." -- They are not "lots" to be turned into McMansions but rather "plots" to grow food. haha.

This is a great documentary that I'm watching that exposes how colonialism was based on stealing the land and also stealing the manufacturing production -- textiles and tool production -- and so all "value-added" products are made in the "developed" countries but this was by force.

For example Germany is the number one exporter of tea yet Germany does not grow tea.

Also the U.K. forced India and Egypt to stop manufacturing textiles and then forced those countries to import U.K. textiles.

So the "free market" is a scam. Monocultural farming is based on stealing the best land, forcing off the peasants using cooperative communal land farming with lots of labor. The peasants are then forced to work as wage labors in horrendous monoculture conditions using tons of pesticides that destroy the land and oil-based fertilizers. The peasants can no longer grow their own food and they're not paid enough to afford the new dependence on imports for food and everything else.

edit on 25-9-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Russia suspends import and use of American GM corn after study revealed cancer risk

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Feeding the world poison is doing what exactly?
Killing the entire planet off.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Do you honestly think we had more starving people before Monsanto started patenting produce? Do you really think that the new hydro-farming facilities that produce ungodly amounts of food without energy can't feed the world? People aren't being "saved" by Monsanto.

You sound like those people who think mankind couldn't have figured out how to wipe its collective butt without alien tech or divine intervention.

People like the poster above are convinced that the world population was somehow shrinking before Monsanto came along.
So either they work for Monsanto or are not informed enough to sit in a chair and type words.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas
Couple things.

Depopulation Agenda that is ENTIRELY REAL IT IS NOT CONSPIRACY ALL THE DOCUMENTS ARE WITHIN THE REALM OF THE PUBLIC

No they are not. If they were. links directly to them would have been here.

The Fact that our planet can support about 10-15 billion people before it starts to get cramped
and even then there is plenty of food

You are right because no one is crowded or starving now

Just watch the fat cats BURNING food because that is the present mandage from corporations such as Monsanto

Lets not forget about killing livestock because they are in the wrong place.

Let's stick to reality for a moment. Just one moment.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by Gestas
Couple things.

Depopulation Agenda that is ENTIRELY REAL IT IS NOT CONSPIRACY ALL THE DOCUMENTS ARE WITHIN THE REALM OF THE PUBLIC

No they are not. If they were. links directly to them would have been here.

The Fact that our planet can support about 10-15 billion people before it starts to get cramped
and even then there is plenty of food

You are right because no one is crowded or starving now

Just watch the fat cats BURNING food because that is the present mandage from corporations such as Monsanto

Lets not forget about killing livestock because they are in the wrong place.

Let's stick to reality for a moment. Just one moment.

The entire world's population is able to fit into the state of Texas with EACH SINGLE person getting 1100 square feet to themselves. People being crowded and starving is a much more complex matter. People crowd into cities. That anyone starves has hardly anything to do with with how we grow crops. Do you think corporations are going to give food to people who can't buy it? They are not trying "to feed the world" - they are trying to make money. And the government's most involved in big agriculture are the governments with the richest people who already are not starving. THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE MONEY. This feeding the world crap is just that - crap.

As to the burning of food - it happens! Hello???? Who's not sticking to reality?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Grow everything organically, cut out the BS, and watch the world eat. Starvation is caused primarily by manipulation of the markets, control and corruption, and limitations on the people being unable to farm for themselves. If we stopped leaving produce out to rot in order for some CEO to get another million $'s for market manipulation there wouldn't be a problem!

The idea that we need chemicals to produce enough food for everyone to eat, while we control markets and leave food to rot, and while we waste so much, it's just nonsense!

It's good to see this disgusting criminal corporation finally being held to account for their horrific and immoral practices. I long for the day when Monsanto and its equally despicable competitors are destroyed by the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join