It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics to exclude dodgers of church tax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

30€ a month

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

This topic reminds me of a recent experience I had with the Catholic Church in the US. I was raised Catholic and my dad still attends a local Catholic church in our area. My wife and I have been sporadically attending a local Baptist church instead because she isn’t fond of Catholicism. My dad was really pushing me to have my young children baptized (Catholics do it at birth while Baptists wait until the child requests it) and I finally gave in and agreed. I asked him to talk to the priest and set it up.

THE PRIEST REFUSED to baptize my kids! He said he would not baptize my children because I was no longer a practicing (dues paying) Catholic. The Baptist church we attend wouldn’t allow my child to its preschool program because we were not active, practicing (dues paying) members their either, even though I offered to pay the full tuition. Apparently they wanted my weekly contribution as well.

Religion these days seems more like a money making scheme to me….I’m a bit disillusioned by the whole thing to be honest.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join