It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UF-faux CGI Challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I've always been a strong believer in aliens and UFOs (as in actual craft from another dimension/planet/whatever). I do recognize though that most of what we see online is fake. I've sometimes wondered why people do it and besides the obvious juvenile answers I assume many of the fake vid makers must just be looking for a challenge!

I happened to think of a great challenge for these faux-UFO artists!

Here's the scene and idea:
A person in a lightly forested area somewhat near a residential or populated area sees a craft and snaps a pic with his/her phone. The object gets closer and a few more pics are snapped. Suddenly the craft is right upon the person so they grab one more askew picture before running for the trees. Next a green beam of light emits from the bottom of the craft (*snap pic*) then lastly would be a picture from about 20 feet in the air with a green hue around whatever pic is snapped.

The result would be 6-8 pictures of this faux abduction set together with a headline like this phone was found near ____. Police have attained no evidence but have reported the person who owns the phone is still missing after 4 days. Any information regarding this case should be reported blah, blah, blah.

Mods feel free to move this to an "Off-Topic" forum if it should belong there instead.

Any takers??

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

While it is nothing but disappointing to see a new "UFO" video turn out obviously fake or cleverly done, but fake nonetheless...I think this is a really neat idea. Probably because I'd be in on the joke.

I spent many of my younger days filming random short films, so I appreciate a fun idea.

Someone do this, and make it news worthy imo.

Also, UF-Faux...I like that.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Quibbler because: UF-Faux lol

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Was hoping it was an official competition or some such!

To be honest, the vast vast majority of these types of hoaxes are done by hobbyists. I can count on one hand the ones that are done by people with any form of credentials that I recall. The fake wings one stands out.

The reason I think you rarely see really well made and convincing ones with multiple angles etc ... is simply because of the question 'why?'

It's a lot of effort for very little to zero payback.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Here I am making software that can automatically detect hovering objects and adjust the aim of and zoom two cameras set up near a UFO hotspot, and you’re talking about jumping into bed with the enemy. If you want a challenge, buy a house on Fairway Drive just north of Los Alamos National Laboratory, set up the software and cameras, and be patient. Then when you catch the real thing, debunkers will quote your OP.

Live long and prosper.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I've seen other boards with Photoshop competitions.

Might be interesting if ATS had it's own rolling Photoshop competitions starting with a source blank where members then go crazy with the Photoshop.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I see what your looking for....great idea!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sort of Blair Witch like. I think this would make a fantastic shaky cam flick.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Nice idea for sure OP! I have made a couple fake vids most recently in a debunking "how to make this UFO" post, although I am what you consider a hobbyist for sure, I'd be down for this, mainly to see what others can come up with
`cause there are some folks who are really, really good with pshop and vid editing software here on ATS, that I'd be willing to bet you'd swear their pics and vids are the real McCoy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
go to the movies ...that's what ppl can do with computer generated imagery

new topics

top topics

join