Originally posted by MidnightSunshineOf course I don't like to be ran to death
Here's some pointers of not being ran.
1. I have had A BUNCH of times when servers would ask *ONE* PERSON in my party if they wanted anything and didn't ask the rest of us. I mean, if you
are coming to the table, you should ask *ALL* in the party BEFORE LEAVING! Once at Outback, I wanted to order a margarita and another refill of mr.
pibb, which I was in a party of 4. My mom was on the side of the booth that was closest to the end and our waiter only asked my mom if she wanted
another drink, then LEFT. I HATE THAT!! It's FRUSTRATING!! I really feel it's all about being lazy. Same thing with #4 running off before I have a
chance to say everything I want at once that they are TOO LAZY to write it down and they know if they don't write it all down, they will forget,
because there will be TOO MANY THINGS to remember, especially if it's busy with a lot of other customers asking for many things as well.I really think
it's about laziness to AVOID getting asked to do WORK for the tip.
2. Have your pad and pen out when you ask the question if people need something. You should have your pad and pen out so the customers can feel at
EASE to give you 7-10 request at once for example.
3. If you choose to not write it down, you probably will forget something and that would be on *YOU*, NOT the customer's fault. I would say, not many
servers are hard enough workers to write *EVERY REQUEST DOWN*. I am tired of the little things getting forgotten due to not writing things down. I
have already said this earlier, but this one time, I asked for a box, the check, and a top for my ranch, she forgets the top. It was only 3 things. I
am not perfect, no one is, but if you want a good tip, you need to *******TRY********** to remember it by writing those things down. It's not that
she forgot that bugs me, it's that she didn't even *TRY* to remember what I asked for. Then reread it and check off things off the list just like you
do for a grocery store list. If I would have seen her write it down and THEN she forgot, I would have tipped higher to have seen she had tried her
best. When you are lazy, you don't get as much and shouldn't. You are also showing the customer you don't care if you remember what they asked for by
not writing things down.
4. Sometimes servers I would tell them like one or two things and not be ABLE to tell them anything else, they would RUN OFF *BEFORE* I had a
*******CHANCE********** TO LIST THE REST OF THE THINGS I WANTED. For example, I wanted a bag and the check, but I only got a chance to ask for a box.
Things like that. You should be letting the customer FULLY TELL YOU and then ask them "Is there anything else you need" BEFORE you leave that
5. OFFER to do things like you see people need refills, more bread, etc. Don't let the customer just ask, they may forget or just not think about it,
you can OFFER things too. There's been a number of times I have forgotten to ask for something and *THEY* offered for me to where I didn't forget
helping my server not be ran.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Springs1 because: (no reason given)