It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very strange happening last night

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

but on a side note, I think it would be awesome if it was some sort of cryptic and people were able to prove its existence, without harm coming to anyone of course.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

As do I, if i remember correctly the long island research facility(the one where the montauk monster and another came from) was supposed to have moved to Kansas i think. So i haven't ruled out the extremes yet, but it always helps to consider the possibilities. Of course i am going on offhand memory so i don't know if my info is 100% valid..but oh well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyezenmaitreya
reply to post by Shaade

As do I, if i remember correctly the long island research facility(the one where the montauk monster and another came from) was supposed to have moved to Kansas i think. So i haven't ruled out the extremes yet, but it always helps to consider the possibilities. Of course i am going on offhand memory so i don't know if my info is 100% valid..but oh well.

youre referring to Plum Island and yes it was the Montauk monster, on two occasions and lyme disease too. Yes they are suppose to be moving to the mid-west, I think near Denver, CO., I guess they are tired of using duct tape to make their labs air tight, lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

sry
double post
edit on 9/25/2012 by Shaade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Np, thanks for the corrections. But yeah i wouldn't be surprised if it was anything like that either lol...after all we seem to be having a hard time distinguishing the cry. Especially since people tend to put a lid on stuff that stinks.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

so true. It would have been wonderful if OP could have gotten an audio recording of the creature. Then I know we could find the culprit. Ive lived in the hills of east kentucky most my life so I feel confident I could recognize most animal sounds that would be native. If I wasnt able to, I have no doubt at least one person on this forum would be able to.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Agreed, and if not there's always google and/or other sites which probably contain listing of cries etc...besides youtube of course. Though that becomes irrelevant if it is an undocumented cry or a creature from a sci-fi movie.
edit on 25-9-2012 by eyezenmaitreya because: addition(sorry for the double post)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

Agreed, and if not there's always google and/or other sites which probably contain listing of cries etc...besides youtube of course. Though that becomes irrelevant if it is an undocumented cry or a creature from a sci-fi movie.
edit on 25-9-2012 by eyezenmaitreya because: addition(sorry for the double post)

yea google was my friend in searching for the animal vids i posted on this thread earlier.
And I agree if the creature has never been recorded before, but a google search will yield many good recordings of crypics like bigfoot and im sure others as well.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Shaade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

That's true, but i was mainly implying that there are other sources besides google and youtube. I just didn't want to neglect mentioning them. I mean only to clarify.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Good Observation, but if there was ever a need to prove the existence of something...i' m afraid that something like the montauk monster would have more evidence backing it then bigfoot would...in addition to the more serious documented footage. Though i must say "Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense".

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

actually youve gave me an idea. Im going to use the OPs description of the sound and see if anyone else heard anything similar and was able to record it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Great Idea! Glad i could help. Its good to know though that there are other people who have creative mindsets and actually use them properly. Unlike the majority of our country...sadly.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

thats is so sad and so true.
seems common sense has joined the growing list of other unknowns in our worlds, lol

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

The bad thing about the unknown is people fear what they don't understand.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

that is so so true. Almost as scared as they are of the thought of higher thinking, lol
I searched a couple of search engines and youtube as well, no luck. But did find a cool story about a lizard man in south carolina.
But I believe im going to call it a night myself, hopefully OP will have new info by the time i check in tomarrow.
take care bud.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Likewise

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigertatzen

Do you think that the OP was the actual target then and the little girl saw the creature, recognized it was something dangerous and scary and then ran?

Given the choice between a small child and an adult, a "normal" predator would likely pick the smaller (thus weaker) target. Perhaps it was the little girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Or maybe it was stalking the little girl and the OP interrupted it, so it decided to chase him instead. Still makes no sense why this child was outside alone after 9pm, but I would say that in that scenario the OP likely saved the girl's life...if indeed this thing was stalking her with the intention of killing her. Curiouser and curiouser...

so far you are making the most accurate statements...

what she was doing outside is anyone's guess...maybe she was told to take something outside to the trash...it happens...this is usually a safe neighborhood, so the distance to the trash can from the porch would not be considered unsafe normally...maybe she was told to pick up her bike and park it on the porch before bed...i dont know but there are a hundred reasons why she would be out there and none of them unusual...and its not like she was out there running in the street, she was on the front porch, moving toward whatever it was when i came out and then she ran back to the house...

as far as the lumbering thing goes, i am finding it hard to describe what i heard, and the little of what i saw...its hard to describe a bumping sound on a vehicle that corresponds with anything walking, and since it did not pursue for very far, that is why i dont think it was a large predator cat...unless it was injured, then that would explain the lumbering/bumping and why it did not pursue very far, and would also explain why it was still there warning people away...

im still waiting for a response from the neighbors...

people are wondering what it was though, and concerned...and im sure that nobody is letting their kids out at night, or going out themselves much any more...

now i have to get one thing off my chest for all those who are saying "pics or it didn't happen"...you know what i think? i think people like you are wanna be tabloid columnist whores who probably get money from google adsense for whatever sensational stories you find, you see something interesting with pictures and video etc, and a good story and then copy and paste them without even asking the OP, and instant story!!!...then you can link to "your" page in the multitude of forums you attend to advertize "your story" ...even though the story was not yours and you dont even have the common courtesy to offer the OP any of the income from however many hits you get...and since these things tend to peter out pretty quickly, you have to go stalking the next forum post, and if its not the sensational tabloid fodder you need to maximize the hits you get to your site or page or blog, you get upset and first thing out your mouth is "pics or it didn't happen" as if to degrade the experience and reduce it to a product for your website and money in your wallet...its sickening to me...

ok, rant over...

now for the people speculating on what they think i meant when i said what i said...

mash the brakes...halt, stop, whoa nelly...

i think i described it plain enough...stop thinking too hard, dont read so much into what im saying and quit over-analyzing...sometimes people can make things way more complicated than they are...simply put...a little girl got scared, ran back into a house, and something chased me for a very short distance, but i did not stick around to find out what it was...its not that complex...since i was focused on getting out of dodge, all i have really after a certain point is sound...and that kind of sound sticks in your head...

for those trying to track down a similar sound, thank you very much, i do listen to every single one of your youtube links, and some of them could be good candidates, but until i ask the little girl what she saw, without the filter of her parents, those are not very good evidence...they help, but they are not the needle in the haystack...or the golden egg...

tigertatzen has got to be the most rational of the followers of this thread...she is offering some good reasons for not disturbing the neighbors...its called respect...
edit on 25-9-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Lol! Nice rant! However, you did post this on a conspiracy website. What else did you expect? ...And honestly, all the writting of what could of, might have, or possibly was out there, is just people trying to help,and get to the bottom of it. again, you posted on a conspiracy website.....so yes there will be opinions that you don't agree with. But it's nice to know people are responding to you who care for your safety, the girls safety, and the excitement of a mystery gives real life a break.
Otherwise, animals are TERRiTORIAL, so it's still there.......carry a stick.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
well if really do want to know what it was just go talk to the eyewitness that saw it, or you can continue wasting time here on speculations of what it might have been from people who didn`t see it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

is there anything in cryptozoology that fits the description i gave? anything at all? something that is big enough to bang into vehicles and make a loud enough noise doing that to give the impression of a large animal?

anything at all that makes a hissing sound like what i described?

Seems to me you want it to be something that's more exciting than the mundane thing it probably was. i.e. mating cats or a cougar or some other thing that sounds like the cat-like growling noises in the video game you posted.
Or, a prankster.

i think i described it plain enough...stop thinking too hard, dont read so much into what im saying and quit over-analyzing...sometimes people can make things way more complicated than they are...

I think it's only you that's over-analysing and over-thinking it all. Plus you've criticised your readers in nearly every post in this thread. Not nice. I'm only interested now to see what conclusion you come to. I've just a couple of questions left.

people are wondering what it was though, and concerned...and im sure that nobody is letting their kids out at night, or going out themselves much any more...

How do you know people are wondering about it? Who have you talked to so far? What did they think it was, a cat, a prankster, or a cryptid? You thought all the dogs were "pulled" inside for some reason. There must be plenty of folk talking about it?

Stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join