It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very strange happening last night

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Well i think its plausible she came out after hearing the commotion and the OP just happened to see her first. I mean it is more stereotypical but usually it is thought that younger people are startled easier by noises than say adults are.

edit on 25-9-2012 by eyezenmaitreya because: adjustment

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

That also makes sense. And if it was more than one, maybe the noises it made were communication with its...friends?? and not some type of predatory battle cry. Like:

"Hey guys...forget that little screaming girl. There's a big one over here!"

I hope it's something ordinary, or as ordinary as you can get when thinking about something large and fast enough to fit the description. What a chilling thought, that there could have been more than one.

On that note, I am going to bed and hope that I don't have nightmares. Will definitely be checking back after class tomorrow. This has got me quite intrigued.

Sweet dreams and sugary nightmares ATS

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyezenmaitreya
reply to post by Shaade

Well i think its plausible she came out after hearing the commotion and the OP just happened to see her first. I mean it is more stereotypical but usually it is thought that younger people are startled easier by noises than say adults are.

edit on 25-9-2012 by eyezenmaitreya because: adjustment

According the OPs account it was the other way around.
(from OP's caption)
"as i closed the garage, i heard a blood curdling scream, and the little girl that lived across the street was screaming and running to the front door of her own house, opened the door frantically, slamming it and crying for her mother...and something, made a very scary hissing sound"

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

the thought of something like OP described being a pack hunter is a terrifying thought.
and good night to you as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

That seems remarkably similar to what i said lol

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

I just don't think she was the first target of the creature.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

To me is sounds like the girl was already outside and heading for the door before OP first mentions hearing the hissing. Its possible I could have read it wrong.

now its possible that the little girl was already outside and when the OP opened his garage door could have alerted the creature, which made the girl notice it and run inside screaming. i guess that would fit too.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Shaade because: (after thought)

its possible that the creature was stalking the little girl but when OP opened the garage, the creatures attention turned to him and it moved from its position to close in on the OP and the girl saw it and screamed.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Shaade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Actually, i think i did...It appears I made a mistake. Oh well i needed to think it over more anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

That is a very plausible suggestion as well. But i' m afraid i have to admit that an animal feeling threatened then intimidating the OP seems to be the most logical explanation because most animals don't attack you unless you are in their territory or they are being attacked or they feel threatened for their cubs.
edit on 25-9-2012 by eyezenmaitreya because: error

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

now if the little girl was outside on the front porch and the light was on, the creature would stay in the shadows waiting for the girl to leave the safety of the light. I know its an assumption about the front porch light, but it makes sense. If when the OP opened the garage, if he had no light on him, that would make him a more tempting target than the girl under a porch light.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

That is a very plausible suggestion as well. But i' m afraid i have to admit that an animal feeling threatened then intimidating the OP seems to be the most logical explanation because most animals don't attack you unless you are in their territory or they are being attacked or they feel threatened for their cubs.

or if they are hungry and thats the closest food source. But being hungry, it would have moved on after failing to get either one of them and not hang around for OP to return. Same thing seems likely for the bear w/ cubs as well, they should have moved on and not hung around. Seems like to me anyways.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

or if they are hungry and thats the closest food source. But being hungry, it would have moved on after failing to get either one of them and not hang around for OP to return. Same thing seems likely for the bear w/ cubs as well, they should have moved on and not hung around. Seems like to me anyways. If a momma bear had her cubs out with her to a new area, they would have most likely been foraging, so still seems like they should have moved on before OP returned.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

I agree with you about the lighting, however i question what makes you so sure it was targeting the girl at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Yes, but it is becoming more apparent that more animals are choosing to make their homes in or around cities and towns. So what you said is exactly what i think happened...they went to the city and/or near it for a more available food source. Just not necessarily humans.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

I agree with you about the lighting, however i question what makes you so sure it was targeting the girl at all.

a small, weak, slower prey. If I was the predator, I would choose her first, unless I seen something that would make easier food. but I wouldnt pounce while she was in the light, I would lose my advantage over the prey.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

Yes, but it is becoming more apparent that more animals are choosing to make their homes in or around cities and towns. So what you said is exactly what i think happened...they went to the city and/or near it for a more available food source. Just not necessarily humans.

Exactly, but food is food, lol

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

That is true, however as i previously mentioned i think it is more likely that the animal felt threatened as opposed to the easy kill...case and point we would be mourning the girl not discussing her.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

That is true, however as i previously mentioned i think it is more likely that the animal felt threatened as opposed to the easy kill...case and point we would be mourning the girl not discussing her.

you do have a good point, it could have been a defensive response. Either way, it needs to be trapped and removed from that area, cause whether it was in defense or out of hunger, can be a ticking timebomb.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, especially since places like that tend to be...overbearing. But i would at least advise significantly more discretion in that vicinity until the situation becomes clear. Or at least not as murky.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

point taken
2nd line

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join