It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Shaade
reply to post by TheLieWeLive
If I read the OP correctly, he didnt say it was trash cans but this thing was banging into a truck with a lift kit on it and possibly also a car.
So far what I can understand about the encounter is:
1. Its movements were lumbering in nature with possible heavy foot falls.
2. Possibly due to its lumbering causing it to bump into multiple vehicles inc. a pickup truck with a lift kit.
3. Due to the truck possibly having anywheres from 12"-24" clearance from the ground would mean the creature in question is at least that tall from the ground to the top of its back, if not taller.
4. Not very fast during pursuit due to the fact that neither the OP or the little girl isnt in its belly now, so that eliminates any large cats.
5. Lizardy type hiss, sounding somewhat like a ghoul hiss from FO3
6. Appears to be highly aggressive, due to the op stating it started to chase him without any provocation.
In my opinion, as one other poster suggested, the one KNOWN animal that fits all the above criteria would be a large monitor type lizard..ie. nile monitor or even a komodo dragon (even tho those seem highly unlikely).
Originally posted by eyezenmaitreya
reply to post by Shaade
I believe the OP stated he heard it lumbering towards him. That doesn't necessarily mean it was chasing him, with the adrenaline rush its entirely plausible he THOUGHT it was chasing him. It could also have just wanted to scare him away from the source as well.edit on 25-9-2012 by eyezenmaitreya because: typo