It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very strange happening last night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

I think it would depend on how you approached your neighbors. If you contacted them out of concern for their daughter and told them you had heard something odd at the same time she was screaming, it wouldn't seem odd...at least not to me.

What would seem odd was then mentioning a whole lot of weird explanations. I think I'd just leave it that you heard some kind of noise, and wondered if they heard anything too.

I am not trying to push you to go be weird to the neighbors, but you're the one who started the thread, and was looking for answers. It seems to me that you'd have as good a chance at finding them by talking to neighbors as by posting on ATS, although both have their advantages.

Anyway, I get you're at work. Can't do anything now. But if you ever do speak with them, I'd be interested in hearing what they had to add.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Where is his picture or video? Where is his corroborating evidence?
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Really??? I suppose he should have his bike equipped with a digital camera and recorder at all times in case he has to run from something in the middle of the night. Then it would be legit, right? He stated more than once that he rides his bicycle, not a car or armored vehicle or tractor or tank. Also, he further stated that he takes this bike ride routinely at night and has never experienced anything like this before. I haven't either but you can bet real money that if something that made a sound like that was chasing my ass in the middle of the night, I would not be focused on filming it...I would be running for my life. Not "hey Mr. monster, time out ok? I need to pedal back to my house real quick and grab a camera for posterity, so just hold that thought ok?". Give me a break. If something like that happened to you, you would probably pee your pants.

OP: Scary stuff...keep us posted. I'm curious to know what that little girl saw.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You ignored my first message, so I'll post it again.

Do you own a camera? Do you know anyone else with a camera? Maybe one you can plug in and at least set near a window if not perched out passed your garage.
It would be great to get this thing on film.

Also I can understand that you feel awkward about asking your neighbors, but you need to not put this off.
Just walk up, knock on the door, and say

"Hey neighbor, my name is ____, nice to meet you. So something strange happened to me two nights ago, and I believe your daughter might have gotten a glimpse of whatever may have chased me."

Good luck. Hope you follow through.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Probably a big cat, as previously stated in the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Could it have been a Siamese cat? When I was about 15, a neighorhood siamese took up residence one night under a car parked in the street. It growled and hissed at anything that came near. There may have been another cat in heat at that time.

I found a clip that is a similiar sound to what I heard, but the clip in way quieter and less angry to what I heard. I'm thinking since it was their pet, it wasn't being as aggressive as it would have been with strangers. I seriously thought it was a mountain lion when I heard it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Strange set of events. I listened to the hissing sound the OP posted from some computer game, and then someone posts a video of a cat hissing and it sounds the same. Saying it wasn't any kind of cat, or zombie or whatever, IS jumping to conclusions.

I heard a noise out the back one night, many years ago. Me and his nibs went to investigate and there was this loud, violent grunting and snorting noise, and bins were banging and being toppled etc. all in the darkness of my back garden. And then this huge jet black beast began rushing at the stairs. We were absolutely petrified, and his nibs was actually hiding behind me as we peeked around the door. It was a hedgehog.

I think if it wasn't a cat in the OPs story then I'm gambling it was one of the neighbours' kids playing pranks. There is no need to look for cryptids of any kind till the other options that have been suggested have been ruled out, properly. So the OP will have to ask around the neighbourhood, or go to the shops for his Sat night goodies well before 9pm in future/or both

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Under the pretense that he is not doing this for attention:

A cat?! Why would he have bothered to go through all of this over a cat. I think people can differentiate between some large gutteral hissing and bashing sounds versus a smaller voice box "hissing"....

Just kind of silly to me to suggest that it was a cat. Not sure if any of you have been near a mountain lion before, but it does not sound like how he described at all.

To the OP... Examine the video above... Did it sound like this or not?

If not, then let's put the big cat theory to rest eh.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So the "creature" was around your area of residence from 9pm-3am, continued to make noise and you never tried watching out the window?

Also your the one acting somewhat creeper-ish about asking the neighbors. Insecurities much or something? Most people are very interested in strange things happening in there neighborhood, and very willing to discuss such matters so long as you are kind and polite.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I think that Raccoons, Foxes and any other local wild animals should be ruled out before we can even begin discussing the possibility of this being a wild ghoul encounter.

Not that I'm not believing your story, but we do tend to come to irrational answers when we are faced with a creature that we don't recognize. It could have just been a Raccoon, or maybe even a cat fight.

If you really want to find out what this thing was then, maybe you could place some trail cameras (if you have the equipment) or you can just be on the lookout for any suspicious noises.

When i was younger, around 10(ish), i was lying in bed one night and i heard what i was convinced was the sound of a very very large snake sliding across the neighbours patio. I was so convinced i actually saw it in my head, the size, the length, the colour etc. Finally i plucked up courage to get out of bed and peep over the window cill so i could look into the neighbours garden, only to find him hosing his garden. The sound of the water on the plant beds and patio were what i had heard. Weird eh!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
for those wondering if i have a camera, i stated a few times, that i do not have access to any cameras that i can set up to film outside without me being there...and nothing that works at night...my phone cam is not that good...and im not going to sit there trying to make the thing cheese if i do run into it again...

i going to ignore all the assumptions and update what i did so far...

i called someone i know, who has the phone number to this family, and asked them to call the family to find out what happened, because i was at work, and they know these people better than me, i still have to wait for a response...

im starting to think it may be a cougar, there are reports of them moving back into the region for whatever reason, but still, until i know for sure, im not going to say for sure...

there is also a report of a panther that got loose and lives in a nearby town, (about 30 miles away) and has been there for many years but it doesn't like to be around people, it stays to itself...

there are mountain lions further south, and bobcats, but none around here, so that is kind of a stretch, but not impossible...it really boils down to what is the most likely culprit...but im not just going to take the first explanation and go with it...i want the truth...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Ben81
Hey its enought !
please can we communicate like adults ?
its not highschool anymore
this thread was really interesting and now its completely derailed

It was never interesting. The guy claims he was chased on his peddle bike by something he never saw directly that was making a hissing sound.

----------

Where is his picture or video? Where is his corroborating evidence? The only thing interesting here is the "ATS community"'s reaction.
edit on 24-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

If you were being chased by something that you believed could harm you, would you stop to whip your phone out and get a pic just to satisfy people like you with your "pics or it didnt happen " bull#??? I dont think you would..

Grow up ATS!!!.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OK

I'm not reading all 4 pages of BS from other people.

Can I get some things clear?

Could you see anything?
Was this entity potentially invisible, or is it possible it was out of sight?

I am very open-minded and will give you several suggestions but I needed to clarify the above first.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i just read through all four pages of this thread(what was not deleted)

this thread is nuts; here is this respected member talking about a true experience and you guys actually give opinions that it was a siamese cat??

just a little info about cougers, bobcats...lived around them for eight years, they do not hang around for a second go around..that whole concept to me smacks of those who do not want to look at the experience because maybe they fear it themselves? who knows, but silly..not one of you gave st any good information or resources of where he could maybe search further for answers

i am just so glad i did not post a recent 'crypto' experience here..mine in particular had some sort of metal in it's hand, paw, who knows...i can only imagine the responses

you guys are missing out on a lot info is all i got i to say...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Have you ruled out a Opossum? It could explain the trash cans and hissing. The girl could have scared it or possibly a cat was trying to fight it. Listen in the following videos.

one hissing:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
...A cat?! Why would he have bothered to go through all of this over a cat. I think people can differentiate between some large gutteral hissing and bashing sounds versus a smaller voice box "hissing"....

Just kind of silly to me to suggest that it was a cat. Not sure if any of you have been near a mountain lion before, but it does not sound like how he described at all.

If he knew for sure it was a cat, he wouldn't have posted here, but he doesn't know and didn't see what it was. I've never been upclose and personal with a mountain lion, but I was with that siamese and believe me when I say that is was loud and scary. I didn't know what it was at first but it didn't sound like any smaller kitty cat voice box I'd ever heard before. And the sound could clearly be heard for a block.

And given the OP had already been put on the edge with the neighbor girl screaming, out in the dark, and load noises coming from an unseen source, isn't possible that his senses may have been amped up?

But before we break out the pitchforks and torches, can't we at least investigate the possibility that it might have been a cat defending territory or simply trying to get laid. Lady cats don't just roll over and say take me. The dude has to fight for it. And yes, I've heard the sounds of kitty love up close and personal and when it started, it scared the crap out of me too.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I put up the video, hoping that the OP will take the time to click the play button and compare the sound from his memory.

Mountain lions in the middle of town are pretty uncommon, but I don't know what the layout of his town is.

My friend, his little brother, and I were chased by a mountain lion when we were much younger. We foolishly ran, so it took chase. One of the scariest aspects to my memory of this was that it never made a single sound until we ran inside and closed the door: it started to make these "dying lamb" noises. Those noises are used to "bait" prey I suppose. Very creepy, and not what you'd expect from a lion.

But hey, I guess it's just as possible that he ran from a big cat. I just don't feel like it was. Who knows though, looks like he doesn't know how to get a hold of a camera, nor does he want to directly interview his neighbors.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
thanks guys, but nothing really rings a bell in the sound bytes everyone posted from youtube...some are similar, but none are the same...

it was not an "entity"...that sounds too much like a ghost or something...it was something alive, and scary enough for a little girl to run inside the house screaming...she did not scare it, it scared her...

im still waiting for a response from the neighbors, but they got their own lives, who am i to intrude...

and i still dont understand why it is so much trouble to read the first post? is it really that difficult?

i think i made it very thorough, and all i have done since then is answer the same questions over and over...

and no i do not want to get a camera just for this, what if the neighbor killed whatever it was? what if they dont want to be bothered? what if they just want to put it behind them? what if the little girl is having nightmares? would it be a good idea for me to dig it up again for her? thats why im waiting for a response...

pushing buttons is not going to make this situation like a microwave and instantly provide results...

sometimes you have to have patience...

you can be sure im going to get to the bottom of this, but it can take time...

and there is no way it was a cat...my grandmother had siamese cats, i had cats, my other grandmother had cats, so i think i know what a cat sounds like...even the more hefty ones...

maybe some big predator type cat i never saw before, but still, i cant really entertain any solution except what is the truth...

if you want entertainment, pictures, sounds, etc, those can all be found at toys r us...im working with what i have which was the five senses...
edit on 24-9-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don`t know where you live but it sounds like a very strange place where neighbors can`t talk to each other. Where i live everyone talks to each other and looks out for each other.
it`s really strange that the neighbors haven`t already come to talk to you to see if you saw or heard anything on the night there daughter came running in the house screaming.
It strange that they didn`t even bother to look outside to see what was out there or maybe they did and they saw that it was nothing to be concerned about.
If they had even looked out the window they would have seen you and seen something chasing you. If you heard the noises then they had to of heard them too.obviously they never even bothered to look outside, so they obviously weren`t very concerned about the noises.

i`m more fascinated with the whole scenario of people who live within visual distance of each other and yet prefer to remain hermits.

everyone put yourself in the neighbors shoes and imagine what you would have done if your daughter came running in the house screaming, it`s really strange that the neighbors didn`t do any of those things.Their daughter came running in the house screaming and the noises outside their house continue for at least another 6 hours and they didn`t hear a thing? they didn`t call the police? they didn`t go out to see what was out there that was so scary to their daughter? they didn`t go and talk to any of the neighbors to find out if anyone had seen or heard anything?
It`s almost like nothing really happened.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I don`t know where you live but it sounds like a very strange place where neighbors can`t talk to each other. Where i live everyone talks to each other and looks out for each other.
it`s really strange that the neighbors haven`t already come to talk to you to see if you saw or heard anything on the night there daughter came running in the house screaming.
It strange that they didn`t even bother to look outside to see what was out there or maybe they did and they saw that it was nothing to be concerned about.
If they had even looked out the window they would have seen you and seen something chasing you. If you heard the noises then they had to of heard them too.obviously they never even bothered to look outside, so they obviously weren`t very concerned about the noises.

i`m more fascinated with the whole scenario of people who live within visual distance of each other and yet prefer to remain hermits.

everyone put yourself in the neighbors shoes and imagine what you would have done if your daughter came running in the house screaming, it`s really strange that the neighbors didn`t do any of those things.Their daughter came running in the house screaming and the noises outside their house continue for at least another 6 hours and they didn`t hear a thing? they didn`t call the police? they didn`t go out to see what was out there that was so scary to their daughter? they didn`t go and talk to any of the neighbors to find out if anyone had seen or heard anything?
It`s almost like nothing really happened.

you make a lot of assumptions...they did not see me because it was dark...ever try to see something out in the dark through a window from inside a room with light? and the angle i was at when it started chasing me would not have been a good one for them to see...nobody even heard anything, i asked if my closest neighbors heard what i described and nobody did...so im not surprised that they did not come out immediately to witness what was chasing me...besides like i said i did not stick around, i was gone...i did not think it was safe to stay there...

ever stop to think that maybe they did go out to see what it was after i was already long gone? i did not stick around to find out, but im pretty sure they did...

as far as not talking to anyone, i dont talk to everyone, thats my right not to if i dont want to, but at the same time, im not going to go intrude on them without an introduction of some sort, and this was kind of an awkward situation to make introductions...they know i live in the neighborhood, but we have not formally met...i have not had the time, i usually have other things to do...and im not around the house til its time for most people to eat dinner or have their own family time...i dont sit around all day and stick my nose in everyone's business...does that mean im not neighborly? nope, just respect their boundaries is all...and i have more to do than sit around gossiping and spying on people...

did you ever stop to think maybe they had to console their daughter? calm her down maybe? could she have asthma or some other health problem that kept them from coming outside right away? you think maybe they thought it would just go away? well they didn't hang around outside, its easier to sit indoors and be safe than confront something...ever think maybe they did call the cops and nobody showed up? ever stop to think that maybe they have much better things to do than sit up all night and stand guard on the porch?

people always say what they would do different, but put them in the same situation, and they would do the same things, or possibly even more idiotic things...

adrenaline causes you to act on what you think is right for the moment, it doesn't allow for thinking things out in detail and planning them like a micro-manager...complete with diagrams, photos, a slide show and video presentation...

im beginning to get the feeling that there are a lot of armchair quarterbacks here who never once got in a hairy situation at all...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Raccoons can make a lot of noise to...although they won't chase you. It could have been a rabid animal...or someone on bath salts that thinks they are a zombie. ..but either way, unless if you have a gun and ready to use it, I wouldn't stick around and investigate either. Please keep us updates when you find out. Chances are its territorial and will be back,

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join