It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very strange happening last night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

not any reptile im familiar with, and we dont have those around here (crocodiles, alligators), not anything bigger than a garden lizard here...

it was more like the recording i linked, or something you hear from vampires in some of the movies they make in hollywood, more like a throaty, almost hairball type of a hiss...or like someone being strangled...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
actually mine were edited too, which i dont mind cause it was off topic and there is no place here for what was being fired back and forth...

anwyay, back to the discussion...

i read back a few posts and i think fear has its place, it sure helped me get out of dodge and gave me the adrenaline i needed then and when i needed to get home fast...and im not terrified now, im more focused on finding out what it was, but im not stupid either...if it is still out there lurking around, or comes back, im not going to go out of my way to meet it face to face...lets say im under a self imposed curfew for now...no more late night trips to the store on the bike...now im going before sundown...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Probably has more to do with the seemingly inappropriate way you went about it...

You do not seem to suffer 'fools' lightly...

A99

Being a fool myself, I should probably learn to do so.

However I think I have a justifiable point here. I am very interested in Cryptozoology, and I feel this particular account (however real in the OP's mind), is better suited under the "Gray Area" category.

How can this even be a crypto when the OP didn't even see it?
edit on Mon Sep 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
well if you would take a minute to read the heading, it has been moved and you are really out of line now...

please stop...

let it go...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1
well if you would take a minute to read the heading, it has been moved and you are really out of line now...

please stop...

let it go...

So it has.

I bid you a good thread, sir.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Opossums make a loud hissing sound, but I don't know how they could make those banging sounds. I guess it could be possible though. Do you have opossums where you live?

There used to be something in the woods across from the house where I grew up that would let out a scream that would make your blood turn to ice! It wasn't a panther, or any type of cat. Sounded more like what those big foot shows have on a recording of one of those creatures, except this was very high-pitched.

I look forward to hearing what the little girl says she saw. Please don't let the trolls keep you from continuing the thread.
My last two threads were ruined right off the bat by the trolls coming on and posting their ignorant replies! These people are ruining ATS! I am almost to the point of cancelling my membership here. You can't even have a descent conversation/debate without someone coming on trying to start an argument anymore!

S&F on your thread, OP!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Talk to the neighbors, ask them if they heard or saw anything, if they didn`t then it was probably just your imagination, you`ve probably been playing too much fallout 3.

rabid animals can make all kinds of strange sounds and they definitely aren`t afraid of humans they will chase you and come around inhabited areas that they normally wouldn`t go near.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

Talk to the neighbor girl and her parents. If they confirm what you heard ask other neighbors if they heard anything strange or observed their animals acting strange on the night in question. If many people in the area heard or noticed something strange propose a neighborhood watch. Whether a large unknown animal or something unexplainable many heads are better than one. People want to be safe in their neighborhoods. Maybe together y'all can figure out what is going on.

If you are worried about the neighbors thinking you are nuts just use a dangerous animal or possible vandals or burglars as your reasoning. In all actuality they cannot be absolutely ruled out yet. If any of your neighbors have technical experience they may be able to help set up a neighborhood video surveillance network. Just an idea.

Good luck and be safe!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Could be the Mothman i believe there have been some recent sightings> It would be helpful to know at least what state the op lives in

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Have you gone across the street to ask the family with the little girl what they heard the night she came screaming into the house? Maybe they have some more details.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1
reply to post by Ben81

i dont care to post exactly where i live, i like my privacy, but it is not on either coast, it is in the Midwest, nowhere near a habitat for large cats, or mountain lions, or any other wild felines...the wildest ones we have are stray house-cats...

if it had been a large cat, i dont think pedaling would have been fast enough, and im pretty fast, but for a predator like a large cat, i would have been dinner...nope, i still do not think it was a cat...

for that matter, it could not have been a large cat if the little girl had time to run inside...she would have been a meal before me...
edit on 24-9-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

It's not my intention to minimize your experience, but when i listened to your clip, the first thing i thought was "S/he heard a cougar." I've heard plenty of them.

Please listen to this audio of a Cougar hiss and compare it to the sound in the video clip you provided. If it doesn't come up with the little url, try it here - just click on 'play' on the left side of the screen.

Cougar have been moving and widely expanding their range for many years now. This article is two years old, but it explains the evidence of cougar being known as moving into the Midwest.

I'm in east Texas and we'd not had cougar for many years; now, however, we have a LOT of them. We've not had bear here in decades ... but we do now ... not a lot, but bears with cubs are definitely here. The animal migrations are just part of what is going on.

Contrary to what people believe, cougar really are not anxious to make your acquaintance. The little girl could have seen it and ran, screaming. She could have *heard* it and ran screaming. Cougar DO hiss as a warning. Further, a cougar that perceives itself as 'trapped' (such as it would feel in an area of housing) WILL panic and make a lot of noisy maneuvers to get out of where it is. Cougar are not overly likely to attack and eat people unless they are incredibly hungry ~ they're another animal misunderstood by urban folks (not saying you're an urban folk; just saying that they and their habits are misunderstood by a majority of the public).

So, please do compare the 'hiss' sound in your video clip to that of a the cougar hissing that i provided. I'd even suggest you look up and listen to several clips of cougar hissing and even find some clips of bobcat hissing.

It IS a frightening sound (from either cat) even if one has heard it many times. For that matter, you can hear a cougar or a bobcat scream a hundred times and it'll still lift the hairs on your neck the next time you hear it. =)

While i personally believe the existence of a lot of the creatures listed under the cryptozoology category, in this case i find myself rather firm in my belief that you heard a cougar or, possibly, a large bobcat.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It sounds like someone hopped up on drugs, and wearing dark clothes. And not to be a jerk against that video- but that sounded like someone with a huge sinus problem trying to clear them. Not scary to me at all.

Keep a cellphone AND a camera (since you'd need the phone to call 911, unless you're in the UK- then 999). The camera will do 2 things for you- get a pic, and the flash will dazzle the **** out of them. Then, I suggest calling 911...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Until last year after getting married I lived in the northeast USA. The town I grew up in was densely populated with a helluva lot more cows/horses/chickens than people, and woods spanning for miles, you get the picture. At night there would be some terrifying noises that came out of the woods. What sounded like blood curdling screams, growls and hisses from the deep dark woods were a daily occurance for me growing up in the boonies. I'm fairly certain the noise you heard was a fox, it sounds a lot like the noise you described as sounding like the ghoul in your video game too.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9/24/2012 by TokayTamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'm curious as well as to what the little girl saw or what caused her to scream and run. I do hope you will ask and post the answer here.

I don't think the neighbors would think it odd that you talked to them about it. Just say you heard some kind of animal last night and ask if the kid is okay.

Actually, I'm a bit confused why you didn't immediately inquire about her. I'd think you'd want to know?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Haven't read your threads but have you asked the girl across the street what she seen ??

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
im at work right now, so i don't have the time to ask any of the neighbors yet...i was busy all day yesterday doing laundry at my brothers house so that killed the opportunity to ask them yesterday (responsibility before anything else) so the earliest i can ask anyone is today after i get home...

im not going to jump to conclusions about what it is...and even though its good to try and narrow it down to some likely candidates, and could be helpful in how i approach whatever it is IF i encounter it again , im not going to go out there looking for it... that's a sure fire way to get in trouble way over my head...

so please, read the thread in its entirety, and feel free to ask questions or offer suggestions, but also... please wait for any new developments...i don't really have the time to investigate this right this second...

for anyone who has offered suggestions as to what it may be, thanks, i will keep those things in mind, but im also prepared to find out it is not anything im familiar with...

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway

I'm curious as well as to what the little girl saw or what caused her to scream and run. I do hope you will ask and post the answer here.

I don't think the neighbors would think it odd that you talked to them about it. Just say you heard some kind of animal last night and ask if the kid is okay.

Actually, I'm a bit confused why you didn't immediately inquire about her. I'd think you'd want to know?

well i have a life that doesn't include chasing my neighbors down with what might be perceived as very odd questions...i don't want them to call the cops on me for crissakes...and i have never talked to them before, just wave when i see them, so that's kind of an odd way to introduce ones self by knocking on the door and asking odd questions...and i would not do that at night, that's for sure going to get me the label of a creep...nope, i think it wise to work into the topic easily after starting some small talk...i think it would be rather rude to just attack them with the question...

Originally posted by SeesFar
Please listen to this audio of a Cougar hiss and compare it to the sound in the video clip you provided. If it doesn't come up with the little url, try it here - just click on 'play' on the left side of the screen.

So, please do compare the 'hiss' sound in your video clip to that of a the cougar hissing that i provided. I'd even suggest you look up and listen to several clips of cougar hissing and even find some clips of bobcat hissing.

It IS a frightening sound (from either cat) even if one has heard it many times. For that matter, you can hear a cougar or a bobcat scream a hundred times and it'll still lift the hairs on your neck the next time you hear it. =)

While i personally believe the existence of a lot of the creatures listed under the cryptozoology category, in this case i find myself rather firm in my belief that you heard a cougar or, possibly, a large bobcat.

your clip would not play from either link SeesFar, and no im not an urban person, was raised in the north woods, been hunting since i was 12 and never heard anything like this before...im 40 now...i may have lived in the city for a while, but im still a country boy...thanks for the link, i might have to try listening when i get home

now after reading other posts earlier...

for anyone asking why i didn't just shoot it???well first off you have to see what you intend to shoot, just shooting blind is idiotic... also, its still within "city limits", cant fire a gun in city limits, (stupid new law) and i don't have a concealed carry i would need to carry while i ride, plus there is not much justification for me in the eyes of the state to even qualify for a concealed carry permit...and you cant just go riding around with a rifle slung on your back, that is considered brandishing now...

i swear there must be a bunch of twelve year olds here...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join