It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very strange happening last night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
this happened last night, so i will post what i wrote in an email to some paranormal/cryptozoology website, and see if anyone knows what i might have encountered...

i live in a somewhat isolated part of my town, one that still has woods and less dense population, which is usually really nice, since i used to live in a very cramped city... i have nice neighbors, and kids who play games on my doorbell, so its pretty normal here for the most part... well tonight that kind of changed...

i was napping most of the day to fight a headache i usually get every Saturday, and i woke up later than usual, so i needed to run to the convenience store/gas station, to get a few things for the evening... i usually leave the house from the garage and ride my bicycle the mile or so to the store, and spend time there with the cashiers joking around and making small talk, so as i left the garage i was pretty startled by what happened next...it was dark, and i do this all the time so i was not prepared for it...

as i closed the garage, i heard a blood curdling scream, and the little girl that lived across the street was screaming and running to the front door of her own house, opened the door frantically, slamming it and crying for her mother...and something, made a very scary hissing sound, like a cat, but from a human throat...that put me on high alert as i rode past from the end of the driveway...but before i could say to myself "it was just a prank", something went banging and thumping on the vehicles in their driveway and chased me hissing for a short distance as i pedaled like hell to get as far away as i could...now i am athletic, but i have never pedaled as fast as i did then...

i could not see it but i heard it and it was trying to close the distance between it and me... well i rode fast to get to the gas station, got a drink, and sat there for hours...i told the cashiers what happened and they told me i should be ok, cause i got a knife...but i didnt want to think about even making that kind of decision, because what if it was a prankster and i ended up attacking them instead of a monster...

anyway, i stuck around there until i was sure it would be gone, or whoever was pulling the prank would have left, but thought about my route back very carefully, because there is a hill before i get to my house, so i wanted to make sure my speed and momentum was fast enough that i could do a combat landing in the garage...

as i got closer i pedaled fast up the hill and into the driveway, faster than i ever have before, rode into the garage as i opened it, and then heard the banging and thumping again...mashed the button on the wall to close the garage and then heard the hissing again getting closer, but not moving that fast...the garage closed and i ran inside to make sure all the doors were locked tight...

i have never been this terrified before...and i do not scare very easily...this was very unusual, and i have tried to pinpoint any stories that are similar, but nothing, not vampires, chupacabra, or even zombies in google search came up with anything like it, and i did not even get a good look at it, so i have no description except that chilling hiss it makes...

the sound i heard was identical to the sound that feral ghouls make in the game "fallout 3" if you dont know what that sounds like, do a search on youtube and you will get the idea...better yet play this video below, and about at 24 seconds in start to listen, and around 27 seconds is what i heard...very creepy in the dark...

as far as time frames go, i left the house around 9 pm, stayed at the gas station til @ 11:30 pm, and then got home shortly thereafter...just a few minutes ago as i played the video, i could hear hissing again outside as if it were reacting to the video...and it is now 3:15 am...

i wanted to do a follow up with the neighbors today and ask the little girl what she saw, but i ran out of time and it got dark...no way im going over there late at night...
edit on 23-9-2012 by studythem1 because: formatting

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That's one crazy story. I remember that video game too, hopefully you weren't chased by a ghoul.

Make sure you talk to the little girl and her parents about this tomorrow.

Tonight you should set up a camera outside as far as you are willing to go. If you have any type of camera that can stay on for a while, or at least in range of an outlet near a window. You never know if that thing decides to return.

good luck

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why were you leaving your house at "9PM" to "get things for the evening?"

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Set up a camera near an outside light if you have one, near a window or door, throw something out there that could be mistaken for a living thing and see what happens. Make a lot of noise in the process.

It was probably just a feral ghoul.

Or even better, set a trap with meat as bait, sounds like it's carnivorous.
edit on 24-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Well played, Sherlock!

S for you!

@OP

So this alleged 'Monster' was chasing you and all you had in mind was going to the gas station, have a little chat and go home again. And after hearing this monster again, you thought to post it on ATS instead of calling the police.

You even knew were to find an identical hissing sound

edit on 24-9-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It'll be interesting to hear what the little girl across the street has to say about what she saw, or if she was in on a prank against you.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The little girl was having an identity crysis
she probably just discovered she has feline dna in her

dont be scared .. things sometimes is better not to know if not prepared mentaly
that was your wake up call that there is humanoids in this world not from this world

thanks for sharing SNF
its october soon .. you have to enter in the holloween spirit

but watch out where you go at night if you cant see clearly .. they can see you perfectly
edit on 9/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

I would like to know your location!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Get the guns!
Just shoot it, once shot, youll be on the first page - "Man shoot reptilian aliens" --- whoaa

Seriously, get a gun or something for protection and converse with the girl parent.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by daaskapital

Well played, Sherlock!

S for you!

@OP

So this alleged 'Monster' was chasing you and all you had in mind was going to the gas station, have a little chat and go home again. And after hearing this monster again, you thought to post it on ATS instead of calling the police.

You even knew were to find an identical hissing sound

edit on 24-9-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

no i was already too far to turn back and i had to move in the direction my momentum was going, and try and go as fast as i could...i was committed at that point, no turning back...if something is chasing you away from your home, would you turn around and go back home if it was between you and your house? probably not...im quite sure anyone in my shoes would have done some things that could be considered equally just as irrational, but when things happen so fast you barely have time to really process them, survival kicks in and you dont have time to analyze or investigate, you have to get the hell out of dodge...

i always go to the store late at night on my bicycle, been doing that for a long time, and never had anything odd happen before...i needed some ibuprofin bad and that was the only place i knew was open...ever had a migraine that was so intense, you had it when you woke up? i dont need to explain my actions to you no matter how irrational they seem to you...they made sense to me...and i got what i needed at the gas station, and took some time to catch my breath and calm down, but i could not stay there all night...i did have to go back home eventually, i think i played it as cool as i could considering the circumstances...and i made it home safely in spite of the perceived danger...

i did not at that point care about joking around at the gas station, i was terrified...as far as calling the police, they would not come, (i already know this from asking other people) and they would call me crazy...i dont feel like dealing with that, or getting a ticket for what they would call "false alarms" either...the new improved department thinks they are in NYC instead of a medium sized town...they dont take calls like this seriously...

i figured i gave enough time for it to be gone if it was a prankster, but when i got back i found out i was wrong...it was still there, and still making noises...and as far as i know was still out there at 3 in the morning...not a good night of sleep for me...

im not assuming anything, but i want to get to the bottom of this...

the clip from fallout is the closest sound to what i heard, that i could find...of course it was not a ghoul, but how can i make a comparison without showing some kind of example?

and what better place to post something like this? at the very least i can get it out and see if anyone has an idea of what it could be or similar experience...

but i understand, it seems lately that the knee jerk response to any post these days on ATS is to debunk/ridicule rather than try and figure out the truth...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
While I'm not going to pick apart your story and ask you things that do not contribute anything to this story...Do you know if there are a lot of stray cats in the area? Cats can sometimes make that "hissing" sound you described when they are in fights or when they are being territorial.

Cat fights can get really noisy sometimes, with lots of trashing going around and thumping sounds as they slam onto trash cans and walls.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

The little girl was having an identity crysis
she probably just discovered she has feline dna in her

dont be scared .. things sometimes is better not to know if not prepared mentaly
that was your wake up call that there is humanoids in this world not from this world

thanks for sharing SNF
its october soon .. you have to enter in the holloween spirit

but watch out where you go at night if you cant see clearly .. they can see you perfectly
edit on 9/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

you guys must just skim read and then come up with something you think is remotely witty...no the girl did not make the noises, and she ran inside and the noises came from something else after she was already indoors...

its not Halloween quite yet...still got a whole month before that is even a valid reason...sure commercially people are already getting their costumes, and decorations, but these people dont have any of that stuff yet...no motion detector zombies or witches in the driveway...this was something else

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

no, that would have made the dogs bark like crazy, instead it was like they were either pulled inside or hiding...it was too quiet for this neighborhood...i dont think i was the only one spooked...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

edit on 24-9-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join