It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts On The Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hello community of ATS
. I would like to give a short introduction of myself and more importantly, read your opinion about the truth.

Firstly, I have been lurking here on ats for five or more years. I decided to join because of something I have found, something I`ve come to understand as being closest to the truth. Before fully absorbing all the knowledge about this "truth," I thought I would share it with the community of ATS. I have noticed a lot of changes in ATS discussions over the years. All I ask is your honest opinion after reading atleast twelve pages worth of material with an open mind.

The so called truth I have stumbled across is from a site called www.truthcontest.com. Click the first link named "Present (translation)." Read the first twelve pages and please reply to this thread on how close you think this material is to the truth. I thank all members in advance for participating in this discussion.
edit on 24-9-2012 by UThinkThere4UAre because: Forgive me, but I just realized there a few older threads about truthcontest after using the search engine. Nonetheless, rehashing information never hurts.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UThinkThere4UAre

Well imo there are no absolute truths,as everything is in a constant state of change.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." FAB = -FBA
reply to post by UThinkThere4UAreI'm still checkin it out

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sounds like it was all figured out by a fairly literate 12-year-old. Same sort of thoughts I used to have--50 years ago....

Edit: I've decided that my response seems a bit dismissive. It was an OK essay. It was expressive and well-thought-out. But it wasn't in any sense outstanding.

As far as truth--it may be true and it may not be. It's impossible to gather sufficient evidence either way. It doesn't fit my beliefs, although it's close in a few respects. But, in the end, it's just speculation--but no more nor less speculation than even the greatest thinkers' and philosophers' speculations.

Thanks, but I'll stick with my own speculation....
edit on 9/24/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well said. Your response may be dismissive, but it was honest and that is exactly what I was looking for. I agree with your thoughts and that is specifically why I said "closest" to the truth. And I am only basing my understanding of the subject off the first 12 pages.

As far as good, evil, positive, negative, present state of mind, and perception goes, I agree mostly with the material. However, like you said it is still speculation. When I came to the States I overheard an elderly african american brother who wrote for the ny times say "It's not what you think it is, it is what it is." Just because we cannot under stand a state of nonexistent or unconsciousness does not mean that it does not exist (if that makes any sense).

Forgive me for my english, it is not my first language.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Very simple yet still thought out reply. Believe it or not, your reply just made me rethink most of the material. Now that I put the everlasting state of change in the equation with the material on the site, everything "changes."

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The participation and replies in this thread prove ATS still gots it. It being one of the best places for discussion and alternative views. I thought most of the good in ATS died off, but again, this thread proves otherwise. I greatly appreciate the time taken to participate in this discussion from all members.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS UThinkThere4UAre and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

Regarding the truth...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I have a better idea. Inte4ad of telling us to take the time and effort to read 12 pages of text, why don't YOU read it through, and make a post of what YOU think about it, and whether YOU think it is truth or not. I read it through, but will not comment until I hear what you have to say about it.

top topics

join