It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It won't cost the Iranians anything to unload first against the west. The Russians will

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
come in and partition the country anyway.

North Iran and south Iran. The west will not be allowed to take the entire country.

And that's the way it is, boys and girls.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Why do you think this? Do you have any links or is it just your thoughts? Do you want people to reply in this thread or did you just want to let us know your thoughts? I would like to debate with you, or agree, but I don't know why you are saying this.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hes making am interesting observation thats for damn sure...nobody i know of has thought of this twist...and its a good possibility if we can convince putin its good for Russia....maybe if we got Russia to play with us in Asia wed have an unbeatable hand.....
At least the consept ois quite valid even if the Ruskies just came in to help the Iranis out.....troops on the ground will be nessessary to disable their nukes so its very possible we might see this outcome...

I do think Iran would have to fold pretty quickly to see the Ruskies occupying...they may send help though....
edit on 23-9-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Why do you think this? Do you have any links or is it just your thoughts? Do you want people to reply in this thread or did you just want to let us know your thoughts? I would like to debate with you, or agree, but I don't know why you are saying this.

Well that's a legit question. After Libya many thought Syria would be a cake walk, too.

I was one of the first posters who felt that the Russians would block it. Even Pepe Escobar thought the source of the resistance in Syria would come from several factions. Right outcome, wrong reason.

The US warmacht would have just steamrolled the factions if the Russians gave even a tacit approval of a "no fly zone".

Fast forward to the present. The Iranians believe the road to Tehran leads through Damascus. And the Russians believe that the road to Moscow starts in Damascus, then Tehran, then there.

The phoney freedom fighters are cutouts or just cookie cutter duplicates. It's a thousand dollars a day for them in gold, purchased by fiat currency.

The Russians kept the road open in 2008 in Georgia. Remember Bush and Putin on opening day at the olympics? That very night.

Anyhow, got to go.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofonehunlo

You indicated a two way split between Russia and the West ( I assume you mean the US as the West)...but what if, in actuality it becomes a trifecta type scenario and becomes a three way split between Russia, US and China. Who could/would stop that from happening?

Let me explain how I could see China involved in the trifecta...Currently Japan and China are at each other throats for a string of islands... The conflict isn't good for the US for a variety of reasons...so the US gives a portion of Iran to China if they let Japan maintain possession of the islands.

*Israel gets no land but is content in knowing Iran no longer exists
edit on 24-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: add explanation for China

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thats all well and good, what will we do with the IRANIANS???

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

It has happened in recent memory, i.e the Anglo-Soviet Invasion of Iran in 1941 in which Britain and Russia invaded Iran and them proceeded to split the country in half.. this was to *cough* protect the oil supplies, but both Britain and Russia agreed to leave once the war was over, the getting the Russians out of Iran was one of the first clashes in the Cold War.

Lets not forget Britain and Russia then, like America and Russia now had been butting heads over Iran for a long time before they agreed to invade and split the country in half.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
reply to post by sonofonehunlo

You indicated a two way split between Russia and the West ( I assume you mean the US as the West)...but what if, in actuality it becomes a trifecta type scenario and becomes a three way split between Russia, US and China. Who could/would stop that from happening?

Let me explain how I could see China involved in the trifecta...Currently Japan and China are at each other throats for a string of islands... The conflict isn't good for the US for a variety of reasons...so the US gives a portion of Iran to China if they let Japan maintain possession of the islands.

*Israel gets no land but is content in knowing Iran no longer exists
edit on 24-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: add explanation for China

Could be, however if you look at the Anglo-Soviet invasion of Iran in 1941 it didn't include the USA, while they where pulling the strings they took a back seat in the actual invasion/split, although they where a major player (e.g the Persian Corridor) they only really appeared to act to ensure the other countries withdrew, as per promise, thus at the time, the USA was seen as the good guys and coming to the aid of the Iranian people.

A similar situation could arise with China sitting in the background pulling strings and only making their move once the dust settles to avoid being branded the "bad" guy for invading.
edit on 24/9/12 by thoughtsfull because: clarity

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

A similar situation could arise with China sitting in the background pulling strings and only making their move once the dust settles to avoid being branded the "bad" guy for invading.

I think that would be the best case scenario for China but I think their need to secure resources forces them to show their hand a bit in light of the conflict surrounding who's entitled to the string of islands (I believe oil and gas deposits were located near by and are part of the reason for the conflict)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I think that would be the best case scenario for China but I think their need to secure resources forces them to show their hand a bit in light of the conflict surrounding who's entitled to the string of islands (I believe oil and gas deposits were located near by and are part of the reason for the conflict)

Could well be, but I feel the Great Game is still being played, perhaps with a few more players, and a few role changes, but my guess is that the essence and end goal is the same.. who gets to hold the empirical baton, and who gets thrown under a bus in the meanwhile.

top topics

join