It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mimic Octopus. The most incredicle creature ever!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So, uh...
Anyone else think of Ditto?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

What ... the ... hell.

Pure awesome. All that needs to be said.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Awesome stuff, thanks for posting OP, wonder how long before they will figure out how they do it and re engineer it for us humans.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Amazing, i have never heard of this type of Octopus! I want one as a pet.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That is a really advanced sea animal. It must be really hard for anything to hunt and kill it. I wonder how long it has been in the ocean? An animal like that must have been around for a long time in order to advanced to the point of being able to exactly copy other animals perfectly. It evolution journey must have been very unique. So far, I have not seen any land animals which can do that like this animal can.

If it ever learns how to breath get oxygen from air it might become even more advanced.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

repost

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Great show!

I genuinely believe that some of these Sea Creatures have come from another planet on a rock!

I believe its how we got here too.

But this definately looks like an Alien.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The mimic octopus is one of the coolest creatures I have ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing this with the ATS community. Never in my life have I seen such an amazing sea creature!!

S&F

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

First, S&F completely amazing. What an incredible creature and fantastic find. I would love to see the remainder of the video. I will check through the thread since I am sure I am not the only one...maybe someone has posted it already. They say it morphs into a variety of sea creature "like a chicken" That's not a sea creature so not sure how it would know what a chicken looks like. I think it was trying to look like a coral rock with seaweed around it - and doing a bang up job of it. What a great video you found.
edit on 25-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ

Originally posted by Drezden
This video has been posted on ATS many times over the last few years, but it's always nice to watch again and I'm sure a lot of people who haven't seen it will get to see it now.

It hasn't been posted before, as I made it myself by combining these two best clips we have of it into one and literally uploading today.

But ok, point taken if you have seen it here before and wanted to share that.

HA

Touche Drezden!

Don't see the problem of creating a similar thread anyway, whats everyones beef on here!!?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

the octopus obviously is sentient...too bad they are chopped into cubes and eaten alive a lot

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

are you talking about pokemon?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here's another wierd one. Not remotely in the same league as the mimic octopus n my opinion but still cool.

I think Phage posted this video in a thread like this one a whiles back.

The Vampire form is creepy as hell.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

That Owl is brill!

Its a shame its in a zoo!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And if creatures like this exist on our own planet.. Just imagine what kind of species could be beyond our world.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Imagine what can be done with octopus>human trans-genetic engineering.

It's still just the human shell being altered/manipulated rather than the Soul though is the shell to be used for Good or for bad? Was Nicola Tesla's inventions used for good or bad? Imagine how free energy could have helped the human race while maintaining a clean biosphere. Mind blow #31 . Thought I'd share.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow a lot of crazy vids. Very interesting, loved it! Thx guys.

Like I've always said, we should explore the ocean depths, I bet aliens are right under our nose without us even knowing. Since most of the ocean below is uncharted, cannot imagine how much sea life thats undiscovered below as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Awesome post OP..... this is a great example of nature at its coolest.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just amazing!Never seen anything like it!Thanks for sharin!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
holy crap that thing is cool. STUDY IT and learn how to do that! NOW!

That was the coolest thing I have seen all week. Nice

S&F,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join