The Mimic Octopus. The most incredicle creature ever!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
saved for later

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Oh my bad, I didn't realize you took two videos other people uploaded onto Youtube and combined them into one video that you could upload onto Youtube.

Nature is Amazing.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I think what Drezden was trying to say was:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

etc.

Still, always cool to see again, thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
/pedantry mode off

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by ZeuZZ

etc.

Awesome, thanks for the links
edit on 24-9-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Amazing. Makes shapeshifting looks possible.

I wonder if it can do a reptilian.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The one that was pseudo running on the ocean floor made my chin drop!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Amazing creature, would be interesting to know if it's ability to change to the "right" creature is learned instinct, or if it has some reasoning ability to choose based on the threat...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I have to admit I was slightly disappointed that you missed my thread on the topic!

Kidding aside, the first part of the OP's video is from a David Gallo TED presentation which is available in it's entirety HERE with three other videos. All of which take a look at some of the truly amazing newly discovered species (mimic octopus being one of them). Truly worth the watch time!

I really enjoyed the vampire squid and the neon flashing light jellyfish!
edit on 24-9-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Octopi are simply incredible.

I became absolutely fascinated by them about 4-5 months ago. They are incredibly smart, and quick learners. They can learn how to solve a problem, by watching another octopus do something just once.

Check this out.

I have done a lot of research into octopi, and I have no problem believing that they are equally as intelligent as humans. Probably more so for some examples.
Unfortunately octopuses are only known to live for up to 6 years maximum. Most species live much shorter lives.
If they lived longer who knows what types of civilizations they might have in the ocean.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing!!!

What is going on in that critter's head? Is that behavior learned? Some of it would have to be to mimic its special area. But if they are all like that there has to be some blueprint. There is a lot to learn here.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Aww, sorry dude. I just picked the first 5 that came up in search. I'm sure your's was the best thread of them all!!

Thanks for the link, I will look through those. Nature's amazing, especially as we have HD photography now, it's glorious.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I admit, I had to do a little Google to see if this was a hoax, and I am thoroughly impressed that it isn't. What an amazing creature!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Of course mine was the best! lol --> I'm still kidding around!

Check it out, it's about how we have only explored 3 - 5 % of our oceans and what we have found in that small amount...truly amazing and truly the last frontier to explore on earth!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i think the ocean and its creatures are some of the most amazing things on this planet. Their are probably so many species we still don't know about that are just as amazing as that octopus. thanks for sharing this

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by ZeuZZ

etc.

As stated:
www.abovetopsecret.com... Hit this same video.

Always good to promote this kind of thing, people forget what is real and possible if not faced with it every year, and ATS is Growing and what some of us know as old news, is new news to others, I liked the owl better though, that was awesome.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalebRight14
As stated:
www.abovetopsecret.com... Hit this same video.

Always good to promote this kind of thing, people forget what is real and possible if not faced with it every year, and ATS is Growing and what some of us know as old news, is new news to others, I liked the owl better though, that was awesome.

Awesome, that original video looked like a different video though? but is now private? Can anyone access it or find another upload of it? Videos of it are very very rare, the two I put together in the op are the best, from what I have seen.

I'll post some more weird and wonder cephalopods from our groups album on them soon, a friend of mine works in an oceanography department and has provided me with some fascinating pictures and information. They really are fascinating creatures. So alien like.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

I'll post some more weird and wonder cephalopods from our groups album on them soon, a friend of mine works in an oceanography department and has provided me with some fascinating pictures and information. They really are fascinating creatures. So alien like.

Yes, please do. Sounds good.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

It was this video a buddy told me to watch on this site that turned me into the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy site junkie I am today. I thought it was a just a cool video, turns out it was all a conspiracy.
edit on 25-9-2012 by salmoneggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Just a mime survin a a crazy world

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

wow, truly fascinating creature. Huge respect! Absolutely blown away every time I watch the vid.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join