It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity, coincidence and Causality. True and mysterious stories.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Synchronicity

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in ameaningful manner.

Coincidence

A coincidence (often stated as a mere coincidence) is a collection of two or more events or conditions, closely related by time, space, form, or other associations which appear unlikely to bear a relationship as either cause to effect or effects of a shared cause, within the observer's or observers' understanding of what cause can produce what effects.

Causality

Causality (also referred to as causation) is the relationship between an event (the cause) and a second event (the effect), where the second event is understood as a consequence of the first.

The following stories will certainly have you wonder about synchronicity, coincidence and causality. Synchronicity gives us access to a timeless reality beyond the mental and biological contingencies in which we are trapped. It transcends the world of forms and phenomena that keeps us in causality. But Is it real? Or is everything mere coincidence of causality? I invite you to give me your thoughts on this subject after reading these short stories that fascinate me.

The six Holden

1928, Blackburn, an automobile accident allows the strange meeting of six people whose name is Holden. Two cars collided, one belonged to a Holden, it was driven by a Holden who had with him a servant named Holden. The other was another Holden owner and driver called Holden. The police officer who came to set the record called himself Holden also.

Remember Pearl Harbour

December 7th 1939, in the small town of Owensville, Indiana. One morning, local residents, discovered, traced on the pavement, these words: "Remember PEARL HARBOR" The Japanese bombing of the U.S. Navy took place exactly two years later to the day.

Wreck of the Titan

The writer Morgan Robertson, published a book telling the story of a shipwreck. This story, although dating back 14 years before the tragedy of the Titanic, is almost a copy. The name of the ship was the Titan. It measured 244 meters and moved 70,000 tons, the Titanic, 269 meters to 66,000 tons. Both had three propellers and reached speeds of 24-25 knots. In the book, the Titan could accommodate 3,000 people, including crew, unfortunately lifeboats were insufficient in number, but nobody cared because the Titan, was declared unsinkable by its designers, like on the Titanic.

Lincoln and Kennedy

Abraham Lincoln was elected U.S. president in 1860, J. F. Kennedy in 1960. Both were assassinated on a Friday, both killed beside their wives, both killed from behind by a bullet in the head. The bodyguard of Lincoln was named Kennedy and Kennedy's bodyguard was named Lincoln. Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy and strongly advised him not to go to Ford's Theatre where he was shot in the lodge "Kennedy". Kennedy's secretary was called Lincoln and advised him not to go to Dallas. The car in which Kennedy had taken place was a Lincoln. Booth killed Lincoln in a theater and fled to a warehouse. Oswald shot JFK from a warehouse and fled to a theater. Booth alleged assassin of Lincoln was born in 1839 and Kennedy's alleged assassin Oswald was born in 1939. These two alleged killers were both killed by "vengeful" without trial. Johnson Andrews succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808 and died exactly ten years after Lincoln. Lyndon Johnson succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908 and died exactly ten years after Kennedy. Finally, the two victims, their two successors and the two alleged killers , had respectively, the same number of letters in their name.

Beatrice’s Choir

Life magazine in March 1950, reported of a story about how fifteen people had to meet at 7:15 pm for a choir repetition at a church in Beatrice, Nebraska. They were all delayed by different reasons, all valid. Some had forgotten the hour, others could not start their car, others were distracted by external events. At 7:25 p.m., the church was destroyed by an explosion. The odds of every person to be late were estimated at a million to one. And yet this is what happened and nobody was hurt.

BOY 640

1992, Cobbs Creek, Virginia. Jeanette Ellis got into her car driven by her husband in order to get to the hospital and give birth to her second child, a boy. But she had no time to get there and her son was born in the car at 6:40 in the morning. The license plate of the car was BOY 640.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Ghezuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow...without having done any research myself yet on the Lincoln/Kennedy connections - that's a whole lot of pretty incredible coincidences - amazing

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Yes, I have come across a few of those famous ones. Yet, they may also be simply a product of a mathematical probability no matter how improbable it seems.

There is even a form of philosophy, Occasionalism, which viewed all phenomena as created by God and negated causality altogether. Needless to say, the civilizations or cultures which adopted this philosophy did not make headroads in science.

Jung coined the term "synchronicity," I think. I have yet to reach a decision thought there have been many moments that led me to believe it is real.

The "remember Pearl Harbour," incident is a prognostication, another really interesting topic as it opens up the floodgates of what we might be and what time might be as opposed to what we think it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My Grandmother who is now deceased, was supposed to board a famous ship like the titanic that also went down. For some strange reason, she got the most overwhelming feel of dread and anxiety about her trip. She said 'I couldn't explain it. I never had such a feeling before and havn't had it since." Needless to say, she never did board that ship and lived to be 90 years old. .

edit on 24-9-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghezuz

Lincoln and Kennedy

Abraham Lincoln was elected U.S. president in 1860, J. F. Kennedy in 1960. Both were assassinated on a Friday, both killed beside their wives, both killed from behind by a bullet in the head. The bodyguard of Lincoln was named Kennedy and Kennedy's bodyguard was named Lincoln. Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy and strongly advised him not to go to Ford's Theatre where he was shot in the lodge "Kennedy". Kennedy's secretary was called Lincoln and advised him not to go to Dallas. The car in which Kennedy had taken place was a Lincoln. Booth killed Lincoln in a theater and fled to a warehouse. Oswald shot JFK from a warehouse and fled to a theater. Booth alleged assassin of Lincoln was born in 1839 and Kennedy's alleged assassin Oswald was born in 1939. These two alleged killers were both killed by "vengeful" without trial. Johnson Andrews succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808 and died exactly ten years after Lincoln. Lyndon Johnson succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908 and died exactly ten years after Kennedy. Finally, the two victims, their two successors and the two alleged killers , had respectively, the same number of letters in their name.

I don't know about the others, but the Lincoln/Kennedy connection has some things in it that are wrong. One of which is the date of birth of the assassins - Booth was born in 1838, not 1839. While Kennedy had a secretary named Evelyn Kennedy, there is no record of Lincoln having a secretary named Kennedy, but his White house secretaries were John G. Nicolay and John Hay.

Nonetheless, great post!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow.. Fascinating stuff right there.

Sends chills down your spine.

s&f

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
WOW!
S&F, that was really interesting gave me goose bumps lol

thanks!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Menrva

And most feel Kennedy was not shot in the back of the head but from the front. Which would be like the warehouse/theater reversal

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Neat thread. I actually have a few books that have tons of these in them. Maybe I'll post a few later if I have some time. Assuming there is interest, of course -- I'll also be looking to see if this thread just dies....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow, truly bizzare and what amazing stories of coincidences! It gave me goosbumps big time. I had a few personal experiences but not to that extent. great post, thanks!

edit on Sep24/9/1212 by Xistence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Menrva

Lincoln and Kennedy

I don't know about the others, but the Lincoln/Kennedy connection has some things in it that are wrong. One of which is the date of birth of the assassins - Booth was born in 1838, not 1839. While Kennedy had a secretary named Evelyn Kennedy, there is no record of Lincoln having a secretary named Kennedy, but his White house secretaries were John G. Nicolay and John Hay.

Agreed interesting post, and just want to add that the name of Lincoln's bodyguard was John F. Parker. He may have had different at other times but the main one that Google kept turning up was John F. Parker.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowwhat

Lincoln and Kennedy

Agreed interesting post, and just want to add that the name of Lincoln's bodyguard was John F. Parker. He may have had different at other times but the main one that Google kept turning up was John F. Parker.

Another coincidence: A month before Lincoln was assassinated he was in Monroe, Maryland. A month before Kennedy was assassinated he was in Marilyn Monroe.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Lincoln and Kennedy

Another coincidence: A month before Lincoln was assassinated he was in Monroe, Maryland. A month before Kennedy was assassinated he was in Marilyn Monroe.

That would be nasty since Marilyn died in 1962.

Other than the Lincoln-Kennedy bit, which is not all correct, great post!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Parachute pants VS Cause and effect analysis.
Drives me absolutely barking mad sometimes.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghezuz

WOW on the Kennedy Lincoln "coincidences". I never knew there were that many. If you give any credence to the conspiracy surrounding Kennedy's death, it makes one wonder if they planned it that way. Kind of like George Bush sitting in that classroom while the kids chant Plane, Steel, Hit. Hmmm...

Personally I have little ones sometimes that make me wonder too. I sat at a traffic light once for no reason watching it go from red to green without moving. Nobody else did either, or honked. Then a car from the side runs the light wooosh by us at 60 mph. Weird.

There is both human control and something else.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Lincoln and Kennedy

... Johnson Andrews succeeded Lincoln ...

* Andrew Johnson *

The Lincoln-Kennedy one has been noted a lot.
The Holden one, though, that's twilight zone material.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The most shocking one is the one I never heard of before - "remember Pearl Harbor".

The others you could just write off as random chance but there is no way this could be random. I searched it and I found very little. There's one article which said it was in the paper when it happened.

I have a feeling this one is a hoax, for the sole reason I never heard about it before and if it was true, it would have been well known.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Lincoln and Kennedy

Oh and Booth didn't flee to a warehouse, he fled to another state and was on the run for less than two weeks. He was found in a barn. Love these stories!! Keep them coming, whoever has more!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghezuz

Every time I hear about this "Remember Pearl Harbor" Tale, I swear that I saw a movie in the 90's about time travel that the time traveler wrote that on that day in Indiana on purpose. I know it was featured on "Beyond Beleif" and clearly recall seeing the episode but I also clearly recall seeing it in a featured film as a kind of comical explanation. I want to say it was Bill and Ted's or at least something similar. Does anyone else know if that was in Bill and Ted's or if they know the actual film it was in?

Anyway I love stories like these that makes you wonder about the truth of reality.

Another one is the Six Degrees of Seperation. I wonder if that is also a real phenomena.?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here are a couple more.. there are quite a few more at this site!! Love this...

Mark Twain was born on the day of the appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835, and died on the day of its next appearance in 1910. He himself predicted this in 1909, when he said: "I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it."

Oregon's Columbian newspaper announced the winning Pick 4 lottery numbers for June 28, 2000 in advance. The newspaper had intended to print the previous set of winning numbers but erroneously printed those for the state of Virginia, namely 6-8-5-5. In the next Oregon lottery, those same numbers were drawn.
[/quote

From More Coincidences

edit on 9/24/2012 by Menrva because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join