It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical patches for military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Last year I worked for a place that makes a 2 part chest patch, that are called thru-and thru patches. That is if a person that has a gunshot wound that goes all the way thru the body. The one that goes on the front of the chest is round and has 3 valves so the patient can breathe, so to prevent a sucking chest wound, and the one that goes on the back is a large rectangle. The patches also stop the patient from "bleeding out,"

We also made an eye patch with a hole in it, for a head wound

They are made of AM Gel. Anyone who is in the military can verify this, because these patches are in every medic bag.

Ok, interesting part, I started that job after Obama said he was sending troops home. These patches were made everyday, We had an additional order for a million of these patches(3 mill all together) I couldn't figure out why they needed so many?? Can anyone enlighten me as to why, if the military was getting sent home, why would they need so many?? Because there was a deadline for that order, and not for the usual amount they order on a regular basis. Hmmmm.......

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Last time I got shot i used a tampon.

How long are they good for? Expiring date?
edit on 23-9-2012 by Ghezuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghezuz

I believe they are good for 5 yrs??? I know the round patches got sterilized after they were packaged.

Yes, tampons and pads are a necessity in any first aid kit, or B.O.B.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It could have something to do with the increase of service members being shot on post, when they are not wearing their body armor.

I don't know, just the first thing that came to mind. Interesting though.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

ok?? I heard about the guy who shot everyone around him in the middle east, after he was trained to use the weapon, haven't heard about guys getting shot on post. Hmmmm, that is interesting....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Actually, about that same time that I was working there, I was looking at MREs, freeze dried food, stuff like that, There was a 6-8 week wait for your order, due to a government order. And it was not just one place, it was most of them I checked out. I would say that was the beginning of my trip down the rabbit hole.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Yes, there has been quite a rash of these incidents the past few months.

So much so, that all service members are now required to where full body armor at all times while on post. And joint operations with Afghan forces have been suspended until further notice.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They routinely place orders like this and pre-position wartime assets in ships sitting off the coast or in warehouses around the world.

"Just in case".

The sad thing is Veterans Affairs isn't even given funding to have all their needed surgical supplies, to stock their own operating rooms.

Read the stories about them re-using things and passing HIV and other diseases onto thousands of veterans.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Sad isn't it?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

WOW.....that article makes my stomach turn. But to not steralize equipment???? Nothing like Big Brother taking care of ya.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The place I worked for made those patches everyday, The order for 3 million was a totally separate from their normal order. I consider myself to be a little on the slow side, but, that many, the mre orders, and the troops on their way home, well, bells and whistles were going off in my head.

new topics

top topics

join