It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control vivid dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I hope to cOmpile methods and techniques to induce vivid dreams and or lucid dreams.

I would like to know what thought patterns or techniques I can use to control the dreaming process.

As my others believe,myself included, thy dreams can be a gateway to greater understanding both about oneself and the universe.

I have read through many threads about instances of vivid/lucid dreams, but no real detailed description of how to get to that state.

If you believe you have a method please share, I would be interested In trying each method and reporting the results.

Sweet dreams to all

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
hey. my brother told me of these glases u can wear while u sleep that beam low lights at your eyes once in a deep sleep.he orderd them once he tries em ill let you know the outcome

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by freelancer99

Yea I have read about that process. It is suppose to make you aware that your are dreaming. Also image associating is a similar method were you train yourself to realize you are dreaming when you have a mental image of a certain object.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

This is a bit difficult to explain in simple words but I will try.

As you are resting in bed, think of something simple or two things that are simple with the goal of silencing you'r mind's chatter. May sound a bit daft but as one example, think of a cat jumping off a ledge and back onto it repeatedly.

When the noise from your mind becomes quiet, stop thinking of the cat jumping off and onto the ledge (takes practice) and simply be at ease with whatever comes next rather than consciously focusing on it as your would a normal thought.

Eventually you will start to see some things, with practice, you will begin to hear things and see clearer. I am not quite sure what this is, but it is what I did and still do at night and every dream I have is now what could be described as lucid.

I practice (comedy) hypnosis now, for my living, I am still figuring the self hypnosis. The mind is a fascinating and powerful thing.

Here is a little video to show some proof of what I do to back up my statements and I hope it gives you a chuckle or two...

edit on 23-9-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Would you happen to know John Milton?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by XXXN3O

Would you happen to know John Milton?

Nope?

Not quite sure what else to add.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
He Is a hypnotist that hypnotized my sister after she fainted because of an asthma attack..

It was crazy he just snapped her neck and she was doing everything he would command.
edit on 23-9-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

He Is a hypnotist that hypnotized my sister after she fainted because of an asthma attack..

It was crazy he just snapped her neck and she was doing everything he would command.

Oh right, was not sure who you were talking about, sounds like he helped your sister out in a dangerous situation?

I learned about hypnosis rather accidentally. Gave my wife a message and jokingly told her to sleep and she did (almost 6 years ago now).

Since then I have been self teaching, I do not know any other hypnotists really and do not aim to better anyone other than myself.

Read up on the law in my country on what is not allowed with hypnosis and researched potential risks etc. Got insurance and went for it on stage with a gut feeling and now its onto the 6th show!

There are so many ways to hypnotise people, speaking, touch, eye movements, motor functions and more.

I wrote a thread on how manipulated people are because of our conditioning and other things explaining it all but it got as much attention as a fart in the wind does

It is fascinating to me how you can make a person see something as another object, make them become another person, make them do things they would never believe they could and more. If I can do that, I tend to worry about what can be done by the people who have had this knowledge for centuries etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As for getting lucid, just general mindfullness, frequent reality checks. But I'll admit I'm not the best at attaining lucidity.

I am however a master of dream control. It's basically focused awareness. Don't believe the hype about expectations and using belief for dream control, because it's not true.

Feel free to check out my thread "The Nature of Dream Control".
www.dreamviews.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Congratulations on your shows.

May you use your skills for good and not evil

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

Congratulations on your shows.

May you use your skills for good and not evil

Thanks mate.

Well this is about as evil as I get if it could ever be classed as evil. I am all about making people feel great about who they are, respecting their dignity, encouraging them to actualize who they are and having a good clean laugh for volunteers and the audience...

Made one guy speak chinese and another lady speak german in a rap battle, in case it makes no sense

The fascinating thing is that people see what you make them believe they will see, which ties right into this topic of dreams. It boils right down to what is actually real and what is a dream?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Lol that is priceless

I happen to love comedy.Good luck with everything buddy.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I had a peanut butter sandwich just before I went to sleep (as I had stayed up too late on ATS lol) and the dreams I had were expentionally vivid.

Not what I need as I am having too vivid dreams for about 2 years.

They are getting worse, the other day before I even shut my eyes, a dream tried to start.
" I was standing on top of an abyss and someone pushed me, I fell and kept on falling."
So I stopped the dream, but it played the scene over again. It did it three times more, until I psychically traced the signal back and killed the source.

That's not the first time my dreams have been taken over by someone else. The last time it was a nightmare, so when I woke up and realised my dream had been manipulated, I 'found' the person and she ended up with something on her face in real life. If I ever saw her in real life I will know her she is by the scar on her face.HAHA.

I want to have less vivid dreams, anyone know how to have deams that are nice and peaceful and calm??????

BTW if you have a more visual learning mind and it is more symmetrical in it's running mode, your dreams will be more vivid and controllable.
How you get symmetry is use both hands; become ambidextrous (which I am) and listen to music in A=440 which are the Solfreggios frequencies.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join