It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Corn prices soar Farmers turn to feeding Cows with Gummie worms and Cookies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Farmers have been feeding cows whatever they can find it's been going on forever. lake weeds seem popular around here but only last a few hours

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm not sure why everyone is upset. This is good news - no GREAT NEWS! Mother Nature is looking out for us - trying to give us a sign that we have travelled off the correct path.

Our abuse of corn hopefully comes to an end from this. Things like this PROVE that Locally grown food (and not big AG farms) are the way to go. Our reliance on Corn based products is coming to an end hopefully. Prices will continue to skyrocket until atleast mid next year - forcing products to switch to other alternatives that are now cheaper due to rising prices in corn yields.

TAKE A CLUE AMERICA - start eating healthier!!! Veggies are cheap guys and most are still plentiful. I for one make a MEAN Salsa that I love. Now that products that use sugar as a main ingredient are on the rise, they are easier to spot in the super markets! Easy

Also, check out "Forks Over Knives" if you want to look at ways to eat healthy and naturally while not costing you a fortune. I have personally made about seven of the meals in their cookbook and they are great! Truly, I was shocked but they are pretty damn good "vegetarian" meals.

On a side note - I'm of the firm belief that while man is technically an Omnivore we are mostly herbivores. Meat, Cheese and Dairy products (from a Cave Man perspective) were an occasional "treat" if you will. I imagine that hunters couldn't always bring home the meat (or enough of it) to feed entire populations...and as such you can imagine that plant life was much easier to find, harvest and eventually cultivate.

I'm not advocating that you should entirely eliminate meat, cheese and dairy from your diet - but Americans eat way to much of it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how about the farmers try someone radically new, never done in the history of cattle rearing: natural healthy grass.
edit on 23-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

When you live in an area that has been under drought conditions for an extended period of time.... the grass doesn't grow. No rain = the grass doesn't grow.

Oh how nice.. after a year with my avatar I apparently need to change it now. Monkey see- monkey do I suppose.

edit on 25-9-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would have thought that Mad Cow disease, developing as a direct resutk of feeding sheep neural tissue to cattle would have taught us something........!

I'm sure the regular consumption of the milk from another species can't be 'natural' or that good for us, yet it's what we have all grown up with and we are told we need it in our diet. The funny thing is that to offer someone human breast milk on their cereal would probably have them heaving down the toilet, quite ironic really!

Apparently British dairy farmers have a big problem with Bovine TB. This has spread into our wildlife, which are now getting the blame for spreading it further. Instead of looking at intensive farming practises, they are about to start culling badgers in my neck of the woods

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why not just throw all politicians and bankers into a slicer, and feed them the remains? That would solve a lot of problems at once.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join