It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Foot On Trail Cam?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
really need help figuring out what this is. I hunt whitetail deer in southern ontario on land from which i have permission from a farmer. since august we have two trail cameras setup their to see where the deer are coming from or if their is big bucks. so the trail cam is on video mode and tied/attached to a tree. during the day video is in color but at night its black and white. once a week we go and change the sd card, bring it home and check out the deer on our computer. this time we seen this creature and are freaked out. Again we are in southern ontario, their is no bear here, no cougars, no moose. basically deer and coyote are the biggest things. also the video is original has not been speeded up or tampered with in any way. If someone who is handy with viewing this stuff ( zooming in, change color) can please help figure out what it is.

edit on 24/9/2012 by Sauron because: All Caps in title

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hmm, i have an issue with how the object enters the camera frame. It appears to be mid air, then its overall size appears to shrink to me.

It could potentially be an animal in mid stride and it is moving incredibly fast.

Bigfoot would give Usain Bolt and run for his money on the 100m dash.

Do you happen to have a long portion of the clip prior to the object entering the view? Why does the video start right when the object enters frame?
edit on 23-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ricojo88

Looks like it's canine to me. Possibly a dog or a fox. It definitely appears small to me (much too small to be a bigfoot).

It appears to jump into frame from the lower right, and run through the underbrush. I thought I could make out a furry tail as well with a light patch on it (possibly a baby white tail?). Not really sure, but definitely doesn't look like bigfoot (to me at least).

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i will get another video from my other computer of what deer look like from far. very different. this seems to be walking upright. Also this creature is probably 60-80 yards away so it appears small. not convinced its a deer as ive seen alot of deer videos. their is also tall grass everywhere which deer usually hide pretty good in.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

looks like a rabbit to me
edit on 23-9-2012 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

thats how the video starts. as soon as the camera sees something moving it turns on itself

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Whitetail running/bounding. Keep clicking on the beginning after it leaves the camera view and you will see it too.
My 2 cents.

Edit: only because the "tail" is light colored and seems to move back and forth as it runs.
edit on 23-9-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It looks to me like it is someone riding a mountain bike.

It's hard to see, but the body tucks in before the drop off. An animal would be stretching at this point but a mountain biker would be tucking in to keep balance.

Thats my story anyway and I'm sticking with it......until a better explanation comes along anyway.

To add....I just watched the same vid another 10+ times and am convinced it is a mountain bike rider.......The profile(silhouette) fits perfectly with a bike rider.
edit on 23/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

can you get to that tree the object runs in front of and see how tall it was? This what ever it is was running at full speed!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

could be but why would someone ride a bike in the middle of the forest at nightime? also its very bushy and rough to just walk in their.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Mountain Biker.

I assume this is beside a walking trail / bike trail and not a game trail.
The something that appears in the middle of the frame looks like a helmet...there must be a ramp or a gnoll there.

The footage is clearly sped up as well to further perpetuate the idea that it is something out of the ordinary.
edit on 23-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Looked like someone riding a bike. Real grainy but that's all I see.
Therian

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I had to watch it over and over , but I'm sure the poster who said it's a mountain biker is most likely the correct answer. Looks like he just hit a small jump.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I remember you posting this vid in your intro thread. I watched it about 20 times....as much as you want it to be BF, I don't think it is. I think it is a deer running with a mid-air leap caught on your trail cam.

jmoho....Des

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ricojo88

could be but why would someone ride a bike in the middle of the forest at nightime? also its very bushy and rough to just walk in their.

Look at the speed and motion of the object in question.....Does it look like a bipedal animal running ? Nope, but the motion matches a cyclist perfectly.

Why isn't there a time stamp on the footage?

Isn't that the first thing you set up on a trail-cam, so that your able to log events?

The sky indicates that the footage was taken in daylight or very early dusk.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well its fast......Off the wall, but it looks like a Kangaroo to me!!

It is Definitely jumping, and seems to be doing similar bunny hops to the Astronauts on the moon...a quite fast and efficient way to travel.....Same with skipping, you will be surprised how fast you can skip along, compared to running.

As the figure appears in the lower bushes, it seems to be going up and down to me....but need more savvy geeks who can slow down and zoom in the image. Are you out there.

So what time was this?

I also see a flash of light or movement in the upper right hand side of the image, after the figure has disappeared.

Sure is moving fast tho.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
here is a video of my father walking in close to the spot it happend. near the end of the video if you pause it, thats pretty close to where this creature was running and it looks much bigger than him

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
this is not a conservation area with bike trails and walking trails. this is a forest with field opening to the right of the farmers land. one of the best hunting spots i have

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

on pictures it indicates time and date. on videos it doesnt, only shows on the computer not on actual video screen

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

this was around 8pm just as its getting dark. ya i noticed that weird light too? maybe a bug close up on the lens?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join