It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS 60 minutes interview with Romney and Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In an interview given to 60 minutes, President Obama and republican candidate Mitt Romney discuss various issues surrounding the current element of national and world affairs, that may have set the stage for the first debate.

Source

Mitt Romney criticized President Obama in remarks broadcast on Sunday for refusing to meet with Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, during this week’s United Nations General Assembly meeting, saying it sends a message that the administration is distancing itself from an important Middle East ally.

Mr. Obama, speaking in a separate interview on the same program on CBS, said he spoke frequently with Mr. Netanyahu and described Israel as “one of our closest allies in the region.”

He also challenged Mr. Romney, who has accused Mr. Obama of not standing up forcefully enough to Syria and Iran, to be more specific about his foreign policy plans. “So if Governor Romney is suggesting that we should start another war,” Mr. Obama said, “he should say so.”

The first segment is an interview with Mitt Romney. He'll be discussing his view and plan for restoring America.

Source

Mitt Romney's plan to restore America to fiscal health includes less government, entitlement reform, tax cuts - and cooperation with Congress. Scott Pelley reports.

In the second segment, in a separate interview, President Obama discusses taking the country forward and not reverting to past policies that got us in trouble in the first place.

CBS

For President Barack Obama, the choice is clear: "Do we keep moving forward and continue to make progress, or do we go backwards to the very policies that got us into this mess in the first place?" Steve Kroft reports.

The third segment of the interview Mitt Romney explains what qualities a leader should have and lessons he learned from the past.

CBS

Mitt Romney talks about the essential qualities of a leader and the lessons he's learned from history. Also, how does Romney end each day? Scott Pelley reports.

The final segment includes President Obama. Reflecting on his vision for America, a place where hard work and character are fundamental values of American belief.

CBS

President Barack Obama says that in his vision of America, "everybody's got a shot," and hard work and character are valued above all else. Also, how does the president end each day? Steve Kroft reports.

Okeedoke...

edit on 23-9-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I can't believe we even need an election. Who in their right mind would vote Romney? Only one type I can think of and they are the same ones who vote to fight every war. They think Democrats are scum that suck off Uncle Sam's tit until they die and are generally useless and mostly atheist/evil. They think war is what is on Fox, but it does not affect them personally so they go about their day without a care.

A kid straight out of high school is sent to Afghanistan and gets his legs blown off and his balls blown off with a mutilated penis to boot in his first tour and for him it sucks pretty bad. For him it ends up being very personal and he begins to question the reason for it. The people who said it was about freedom ignore the story about the grunt because it makes them uncomfortable. Others say it is a necessary sacrifice as if they have given something themselves.

I like how Obama was able to show that Romney just wants war. I was glad to see how easily he deflected the worn out attacks. I am not 100% supportive of Obama, but he is at least trying to rebuild the mess left by the last guy and all those lemmings that thought he did a great job fighting terror. Funny how that selective memory works.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
Funny how that selective memory works.

I quite agree...it is sadly ironic.

But you must remember that it was this Adminstration that sent the last surge into Afghanistan. And who have also killed more with drone strikes then the previous Admin.

Try to keep a even keel...meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Again with the double post?

edit on 23-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I hope someone is reading between the lines of his bs.

He says he's going to lower the tax rates for middle income workers on their "interest income and capital gains".

Well since the economy took a nose dive most middle income workers don't have any interest income or capitals gains!

Oh, and then for those same middle income workers are going to lose some deductions!

Romney scares the crap out of me!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Romney wants to cut taxes on savings. Maybe I have this wrong but that basically means he will cut taxes on interest earned from savings.

How much money normally does the middle class make off interest on their savings? He wants to cut taxes on that.

I don't know anyone that will make a difference too. Personally I wouldn’t even notice.

I wouldn't call it a bad idea I just don't think it will help many people.

If someone is making a substantial amount of money off the interest on savings then that person must have a hell of a lot of money to begin with.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I watched the first part with Romney and he was so vague about so much I had to watch it twice I just kept thinking how he is so full of bull$h*t.

Most of what he said is the opposite of what needs to be done.

If you are rich he is definitely your guy because you are going to get even richer. Before anyone calls class warfare watch the video that is exactly what he is waging.

Means testing is class warfare at its worst.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I watched it, and was disappointed with both nominees.

Both were asked about what they thought was the best quality a leader should have. I was hoping that at least one of them would say that the best quality would be the ability to lead by EXAMPLE.

When the economy is in such a fix as it is now all but the rich are having to tighten their belts and make sacrifices. How can either one of these candidates claim to be on the side of "the common man" when we don't see either one of them doing the same?

Obama goes golfing or takes a vacation every time we turn around while most of the rest of the country has had to forego such luxuries in order to keep bread on the table. And Romney, can't picture him choosing a "stay-cation" either. I would like to see one of them say that if the majority of Americans can't afford fancy trips, new clothes every time you turn around, big parties, etc. then I'm going to tighten my belt too!

I really don't think it's too much to ask for. When your citizens are struggling don't rub your privilege in their faces!

top topics

join