It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait! Take a minute and think before you post. Take two.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Some posters, some topics certainly test the ability to mind one's P's and Q's.

I will agree with the OP though. Why ruin away a good history here on a poster who could really care less?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Great advice Watchitburn!

Every time I see someone with a long and meaningful posting history get the hammer, I find it sad. I also feel the same way when a great contributor stops posting, or just plainly quits. But it happens. For putting ATS aside, their reasons are their own. But the hammer requires more than just personal reasons. Breaching the T&C, being uncivil, letting the ego dictate, thinking that they are above the T&C, being repeatedly rude and arrogant. Being stubborn to a point where one won't listen to reason. On posts AND behind the scenes as I believe that a lot of permanent bans are results of behind the scene quarrels. What shows on the surface isn't always the best evidence to presume why someone was banned.

This is a good thread for new members and old timers alike. S&F.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Another issue that I think is a genuine concern is posts that do not necessarily violate T&C but that tend to be unpleasant and coarse. Especially when this bullying attitude ends up directed at a single member for a period of time. I imagine that some people do leave ATS simply because the backhanded and snide comments can wear one thin.

There is a specific member who can post a single sentence and get flamed for 20 pages over it. I won't name him, but I truly do think that about half of those who read these words will automatically know of whom I speak. How that guy rises above it, day after day, is inspirational to me.

There are a few members here that I am known for butting heads with. And in the threads it can often read like we are ripping each other apart at times. But the truth is that, between posts, most of the time, we are U2Uing back and forth and chatting as friends. We fight it out in threads, and leave it there. But are polite and kind to each other as well.

Several of my most respected and best ATS friends were people I started out debating against.

So, when you post, don't just think about whether or not your post might lead you into leaving ATS ( voluntarily or otherwise ) but also if your words might cause someone else to go. You might be chasing away a future friend and ally.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think the best route is to respect each other.

Online forums tend to be a way for people to vent anonymously .

Debate is great,attacking others for stupid petty stuff is childish.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You are absolutely right.

I have been guilty of doing that from time to time. I try to keep it polite and civilized, and I am getting better at it. But every once in a while I will come across a thread that just irritates the crap out of me. And instead of posting facts and debating in a reasonable manner. I make with the sarcastic shotgun blast and start the flaming.

But hey, no one's perfect.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
BTW: watch what you say in certain threads about what you say.
Some senior members wives don't appreciate it.

Looking on the next T&C violation because of this comment..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Question. Why are there so many "off topic" posts. Seems kinda wierd a site of this subject matter would endorse so much censorship. Shouldnt it be up to the reader to decide whats on topic for themselves? I haven't had a particlure experience with this, but while lurking I do come across it quite often. Is this something alof of people have complaints about?

Sorry, since I cant post topics, I figured this might be a decent thread to ask in.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 27-9-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join