It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET is laughing at us....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

yes, i can attest to this. I've worked many a restaurant jobs, and anytime we wanna get something out of the finished product the guest doesn't find palatable, we 86 the crap out of it. wanna add something? well, 68 it of course!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What is that saying?

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it hasn't tried to contact us"

Maybe we're the weird kid on the block that just gets ignored.
edit on 24-9-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think the answer should read 42, not 86.
)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Reading half of your comments makes me realize that the reason why our planet is so "messed" up is because at least half of humanity thinks it is and therefore act as if it is.

You really think that the current issues in the world today are any different that in any other civilization? The only difference is that we have more advanced technology than the rest.

Maybe E.T.s are looking at us with compassion which isn't a trait only bound to humankind. Maybe they want to teach us. Maybe they want to destroy us. Or maybe our egos assume that they are laughing at the shortcomings of our species.

The thing that you ATS dwellers forget to contemplate is that fact that the only known law that seems to connect the universe as well as human civilization(according to current understanding of physics and the laws of the cosmos) is that existence is choas.

You experience chaos every day, you just become so used to most of it.

Traffic jams are chaos. Lines at the ATM are chaos. Movie theaters are chaos. Regional and transcontinental conflicts are chaos.

You get what I am saying? Life is chaos! It's all just a big pain in the ass trying to get anything done.
And the true contributors are the ones who sort through this chaos to work towards bettering themselves and/or their world around them and not get so incredibly down and beyond hope that they lose sight of what is important, and end up on ATS talking about the end of humanity as if they are looking forward to it.

It makes me sick!

Most of you people have no sort of hope for the future as that seems to be a governing trait for people who believe in conspiracies.
I guess that we are all #ed anyway so bring it on NWO, Meteor heading for Earth, super disease, global starvation, China or whatever is going to bring the downfall in whatever way you people believe

I for one hold the human race in high regard! You know why? Because we are all human! It is our job as a species to think of ourselves as high and mighty to encourage ourselves to have the nuts to achieve advancement and enlightenment for future generations. With reasonable doses of humility of course.

But none of you are capable of that.
Doomsayers is what you are. Your lives have become so dull that you talk about your fellow humans as if they deserve to be decimated. Then you turn around and talk about how incompassionate everyone on this rock is.
Let's not forget how you blame our current state of humanity's "discourse" on UN-proven conspiracies against our world's leaders and how they deserve to be crucified for what's happening.
I truly bet the day that all of your end time predictions come true that you will be either kneeling to the heavens begging for forgiveness or you will be cowering in your home hoping that you never have forsaken your own brethren.

I personally hope that 500 years from now humanity will still be around, and would be willing to bet it is.
Humanity is not a perfect race. Neither is any species no matter how advanced.

E.T. may or may not be laughing at us or plotting our downfall or even our salvation.
If they are laughing at us then they are as arrogant as we seem to be. As arrogant as any species.

One thing is for sure to anyone with an adequate source of insight.
Who are we to assume how others see us as individuals and as a species?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Damnit pretty much all of what you said is what i did just before me and with a few less insults to the doomsayers of this website!

I give you props mate.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
hhahahhha!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Our own laziness has been our downfall, as soon as we discovered farming it all went wrong. If we had remained hunter gatherers we may be the ets looking down on less civilised civilisations out there. I guess it's a bit too late to change 20,000 years of human history.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Recommendations? Take the truly good ones, which cant be more than 10% of the population off the sinking planet and put them somewhere where they actually have a chance of making a good civilization, and just let the others bicker and immolate themselves repeatedly throughout the ages as has been going on since pre-history.

Oh, and indefinitely quarantine those left behind until they evolve a bit more so they cannot spread their savagery into neighboring star systems,
edit on 9/23/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

What is the definition of "the truly good ones?" Who decides what that definition is? What if the ET are in alignment with what we would consider evil? I think this is why they don't interfere with what goes on here. We have to learn to take care of each other and our planet.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Maybe we're the weird kid on the block that just gets ignored.

I think we have a winner...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuldersGirl
This whole conversation/topic reminded me of a video my friend used in a biology presentation last year, especially the part about life elsewhere. Some parts are more relevant than others!

A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought - Dr. Neil DeGrasse

The whole thing is pretty good, but 3:55 onward is pretty much what I'm getting at

That's an interesting video.
Considers the possibilities....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

We tend to view ourselves from afar (an ET's perspective) as a destructive species destroying the earth. But lets give ourselves a break. Many of us are waking from our state of sleep and becoming spiritually enlightened. Despite all the material wonders that consume our lives, we still lean towards that desire to live back as one with mother nature. Surely "outsiders" would be celebrating this.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

edit on 24-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Here we have an obscure planet circling an obscure star system in the obscure regions of the Milkyway Galaxy which the inhabitants have discovered fire and which survived an extinction level planet wide ice age and they contemplate a creator.

To you this is an obscure planet in an obscure solar system and there are billions like it in all probability.

Then as their technology advanced and their egos grew they later survived two World Wars where they have split the atom and created weapons which are capable of causing their own extinction. They are presently polluting their own environment to the point of contaminating their own biosphere which may not if continued be able to support them.

Human ignorance and greed, we are animals minus the fur.

Recommendations for planet Earth?

Who are you or anyone else to say? I'm not quite sure what this has to do with aliens but for what it's worth, aliens (who are alien by the very definition) may not even have a sense of humor so I highly doubt they're laughing at us, if they did though, they might be. Maybe they don't even think about this planet as there are probably far more interesting inhabited worlds out there, however I think all the early sightings and reports indicate that we have been getting visited for a long time.

Consider this, maybe interacting with us (abductions), screws them up

edit on 24-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I remember at the intergalatic travel committee meetings their was an uproar over the galactic positioning system (or gps) having a new avoid ghetto button that reroutes travelers away from earth, hense the lack of credible sitings anymore. Planet Zargon was pissed saying something about it being a way to impliment the police galaxy disguised as saftey.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
reply to post by Panic2k11

yes, i can attest to this. I've worked many a restaurant jobs, and anytime we wanna get something out of the finished product the guest doesn't find palatable, we 86 the crap out of it. wanna add something? well, 68 it of course!
isnt that when someone gives you something and you owe them one?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Recommendations for planet Earth?
86!

Process the free will consciousness matrix program
and begin to run harvest cycle Exodus / Ascension for the temporary flesh captured souls/spirits/internal energies in the SOL sector EA*RTH who have and have not obtained [color=gold] golden rule level awareness:
(Positive form of Golden Rule): One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.
(Negative form of Golden Rule): One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated. why gathering continuous universal data on other non native Creator Creations attracted or possibly stuck from mega explosion reality time rip to this universal sector who may be potential lost /finds - elder/early Creator energies. Its possible some younger still developing within this lil universe Et laugh @ humanity and others but its also possible some Higher/Ultra dimensional - Extra Terrestrials (labeled) of Higher Awareness know the development stages of these Creator Creations from seeing them in past similar process on or of EA*RTH and can tell progress within the herd is being obtained.

[color=cyan]
Something to read

Luke 24:36-53
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Appears to the Disciples

36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

40 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.

44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

[color=cyan]
The Ascension of Jesus

50 When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51 While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52 Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53 And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

1 has to or should ask who was/is FATHER?

NAMASTE*******
edit on 9/24/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by beezzer

WHO TOLD YOU??????

OK. I need you to pack a toothbrush, two white T-shirts, four pairs of undies, and a roll of duct tape.

The ATS panel van will be there shortly to collect you for reeducation camp.

It'll be fun. I promise. But don't resist of make any quick movements while you're getting picked up. The driver is a bit tazer happy.

~Heff

Sounds alot like my honeymoon.
(including the tazer)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by baddmove
Yep..

86 the crap outta them!!

Pronto....

Im a thickie, 86??

It means to "Put the Kybosh on them," or in basic terms, deal with them in any way necessary.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Laughing at us? Aha.

I didn't exspect the author of this thread to be Slayer.

I doubt that's a fair assumpion.

ET have most likey been there, done that, and got the T-shirt.

I'm sure they've over come cynical humour too.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

If the aliens don't do it, the artificial intelligence machines we will make will eventually get as smart as that and do the same thing to their former masters (meaning us). And I'm only half joking...I wouldn't rule it out, but that scenario is probably at least 100 years away.

Shhh... don't tell them my plans!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join