It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET is laughing at us....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

By inferior I suppose I meant in behaviour.

One can be superior in tech, but not ethically. History here on Earth certainly bears that out.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Imagine planet earth as a thread.

The aliens are mods. (not stretching the truth there
)

Do they delete, change forums, or just closely monitor the activity?

It all depends on the content and contributions made.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Been there, done that, a million times.

I'm in my mid 30's now.

Basically, nothing is going to ever be perfect. Our lives will never be perfect. We will always have things to complain about. Always have things to blame. Always have wars.

It goes on and on.

It has never been easy for any generation. It has always been a fight.

At the end of the day, all you can do is do what you can.

For the most part, if what you're doing is positive it will make you feel good.

You can't save the world. You can't be superman. But you can help make the world better...

...one step at a time.

Humans overcome. That's what they do. They find a way.

It has never looked pretty. People have always predicted doom. And they always will.

That's because it has always been a struggle.

Find a good job that makes you happy. And a girl, if you need that. And a family, same.

Live well. Studies show anything over $75,000/year doesn't make you happier.

Have some common sense. Moderate your temptations.

It's all basic stuff. Just very painful to learn.

There's a lot about this world we can't change. But escapism doesn't help. Escaping into doom and gloom doesn't make what you don't like go away. Misery always desires company.
edit on 23-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

)

This is an epic analogy. Definitely satisfied with this answer.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Well the ufos know who is in charge of this planet and current system..

If they knew of us that well slayer, they would know exactly why we go to wars..and what we feed our ego with

If anything they will help us..not destroy us

Thats like saying..everyone of my family should die..because my 1 brother commited a crime

Destory the world because of a few greedy misguided cowards? Gotta be serious

You know... I remember being told about this a long, long time ago.
I think they said there would come a time on earth when man would no longer rule.
Mainly because we had totally abused and polluted the planet. And yes, they said that it was because of our totally corrupted leadership.

But how is it that we let this happen? Aren't we all to blame on some level?

I'm not absolutely convinced about this, but everytime something big and bad happens, I wonder... Is this it? Is this the beginning of the end?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

That's my feeling on ET.

They may see us as we see monkeys, or see us as we see a bird, or as we see ants.

But as others have stated, it's not just an issue of intelligence or knowledge.

It's also an issue of culture. Look at the differences between Communism and Capitalism. I imagine there're many forms of government out there. Their practices might be repulsive to us.

The imagining that aliens are just like us is a fantasy, though. For them to be just like us they probably are not interstellar travellers. Instead they'd be stuck on a planet out there somewhere, like us. To have interstellar travel indicates greater technological accomplishment. That means they're probably older and their species and culture has been dramatically changed by increased technology and knowledge. Look at how much we've changed in just the past 500 years.

Just imagine us visiting ourselves from 1000 years ago. We would be declared to be demons, heretics, etc. Some of them would accept us, but they'd have to acknowledge the facts we give them. Most of their science books would be garbage. Most of their laws would be outdated and criminal. Their hygiene habits would be intolerable. The list goes on. They'd have to abandon almost everything.

My guess - and this is jsut a guess - ET doesn't want to get involved with us too deeply because ET wants us to be able to handle our own sh**. ET doesn't want us dependent on ET.

Let me just say that everytime I look into an animals eyes I see ourselves. I see the struggle in their eyes. The questions. The hungers, needs and desires. What we need to know is in them.
edit on 24-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
I'm not afraid, our earth is covered by skies and vacuum. The absurd and stupidity of human cant propagate through vacuum, at least thats the theory.

The last planet behaving like this is now much much more advanced, the species extinct and was replaced.

VACUUM...indeed...they are really laughing at that one...ROFLMAO

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Aazadan

That's my feeling on ET.

They may see us as we see monkeys, or see us as we see a bird, or as we see ants.

It's also an issue of culture. Look at the differences between Communism and Capitalism. I imagine there're many forms of government out there. Their practices might be repulsive to us.

The imagining that aliens are just like us is a fantasy, though. For them to be just like us they probably are not interstellar travellers. Instead they'd be stuck on a planet out there somewhere, like us. To have interstellar travel indicates greater technological accomplishment. That means they're probably older and their species and culture has been dramatically changed by increased technology and knowledge. Look at how much we've changed in just the past 500 years.

Just imagine us visiting ourselves from 1000 years ago. We would be declared to be demons, heretics, etc. Some of them would accept us, but they'd have to acknowledge the facts we give them. Most of their science books would be garbage. Most of their laws would be outdated and criminal. Their hygiene habits would be intolerable. The list goes on. They'd have to abandon almost everything.

This is too good...what if we are aliens...ROFLMAO...comedy hour on "planet dirt"

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Well the ufos know who is in charge of this planet and current system..

If they knew of us that well slayer, they would know exactly why we go to wars..and what we feed our ego with

If anything they will help us..not destroy us

Thats like saying..everyone of my family should die..because my 1 brother commited a crime

Destory the world because of a few greedy misguided cowards? Gotta be serious

You know... I remember being told about this a long, long time ago.
I think they said there would come a time on earth when man would no longer rule.
Mainly because we had totally abused and polluted the planet. And yes, they said that it was because of our totally corrupted leadership.

But how is it that we let this happen? Aren't we all to blame on some level?

I'm not absolutely convinced about this, but everytime something big and bad happens, I wonder... Is this it? Is this the beginning of the end?

The beginning of another beginning...no end in sight...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Aazadan

That's my feeling on ET.

My guess - and this is jsut a guess - ET doesn't want to get involved with us too deeply because ET wants us to be able to handle our own sh**. ET doesn't want us dependent on ET.

Reply to your edit if I may..."ET" is, or rather are, intimately involved already...
edit on 9/24/2012 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Hahahah, a dark star has spoken.
That was funny Dru.
Don't forget the Soul; that which gives the meat it's favor.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
SLAYER69 I enjoy your posts thoroughly....great job

edit on 9/24/2012 by Drala because: Chuck Norris said so...want to argue about it? Take it up with him...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

)

Hmmm how are you privy to this information? Rhetorical question of course

edit on 9/24/2012 by Drala because: changed my mind...i can do that..i think...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Welcome to planet Springer.... JERRY....JERRY....JERRY.
reply to post by Hefficide

.....was a Big part of the problem; not a solution.
Like stirring a pot o' souls down the abyss with a hissssss.
Demons don't dance without a lance.
You say 86 while he thinks 69 with a 12 year old.
Disss-picable excuse for a be-ing.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Well I hope not.

You know what happens when we get intimately involved with animals?

It's not usually pretty. And it usually means the loss of their freedoms and wilderness skills. What happens is they become dependent on us in some way. They can't survive on their own.

I think ET, like us, is too smart to waste time. Unless they're farming us somehow? But, honestly, sometimes I think this whole ET thing is greatly exaggerated beyond its actual reality.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the knowledge about greys/grays/et's is almost or completely ficticious. Maybe all that has happened is a couple contact cases or passing probes. Maybe they don't even look like standard-issue aliens. Maybe they're bodyless or travel in raindrops. So the vast majority of knowledge out there is not knowledge at all - it's junk. Shouldn't be surprising.

I'm even open to the possibility that there's no outside universe. Maybe this is a simulation and it doesn't exist - it's just a projection that has no deeper substance. The aliens would be like GM's. The problem with this idea though is that it's too prejudiced by modern virtual worlds.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

WHO TOLD YOU??????

OK. I need you to pack a toothbrush, two white T-shirts, four pairs of undies, and a roll of duct tape.

The ATS panel van will be there shortly to collect you for reeducation camp.

It'll be fun. I promise. But don't resist of make any quick movements while you're getting picked up. The driver is a bit tazer happy.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well, don't know who you think ET is, but humor is always good, and they encourage alot, and work to wake us up. And the negatives, they need to be prayed and told to become good to turn it all around, that they're not off any hooks.

I have nothing but Love and appreciation for all of the cosmos and every heart, mind and soul in existence, though denounce all harm and bad behavior/action.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

To 86:
The term originated as slang in a bar. The bartender would "86" a patron from the bar, which would mean cut them off and get them out of there. This was done on the sly so only those that knew what "86" meant would understand the code word. Over time the meaning of "86" was used to encompass much more like when an item was out of stock. The term is used frequently in the restaurant/bar business to this day. Examples would include "86" vodka, "86" soup of the day, or in this thread "86" the human race. In this case "86" would simply mean out of here.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Why do people think than aliens look at us as we would look at them?
What if the aliens were aquatic? And there ships were aquariums. They might come here and find lots of water and think Earths intelligent creatures are only there. Land creatures maybe unknown to them.
What if they think the dolphin is the superior life on earth and talked to them? What do you think they would say about us?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Recommendations? Take the truly good ones, which cant be more than 10% of the population off the sinking planet and put them somewhere where they actually have a chance of making a good civilization,
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

And who is going to decide which ones deserve to be saved?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join