It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET is laughing at us....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I prefer to think that our petty issues here on the Blue Dot would be completely ignored by a type 2 or type 3 visitor.

Much like I ignore an anthill before I run the lawnmower over it....

Ya. Unfortunately we had a helping hand in creating these talking apes.

:/

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This whole conversation/topic reminded me of a video my friend used in a biology presentation last year, especially the part about life elsewhere. Some parts are more relevant than others!

A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought - Dr. Neil DeGrasse

The whole thing is pretty good, but 3:55 onward is pretty much what I'm getting at.
edit on 23-9-2012 by MuldersGirl because: Details on video

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well the ufos know who is in charge of this planet and current system..

If they knew of us that well slayer, they would know exactly why we go to wars..and what we feed our ego with

If anything they will help us..not destroy us

Thats like saying..everyone of my family should die..because my 1 brother commited a crime

Destory the world because of a few greedy misguided cowards? Gotta be serious

Well enjoy the help..if you got the heart

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This isn't a rant but rather an attempt at seeing the Earth through their eyes. [This is of course written on the assumption that ETs exist]

Inspired by our modern world

Here we have an obscure planet circling an obscure star system in the obscure regions of the Milkyway Galaxy which the inhabitants have discovered fire and which survived an extinction level planet wide ice age and they contemplate a creator.

Then as their technology advanced and their egos grew they later survived two World Wars where they have split the atom and created weapons which are capable of causing their own extinction. They are presently polluting their own environment to the point of contaminating their own biosphere which may not if continued be able to support them.

They have literature, music, the arts and philosophy [which contemplates their own existence] They have analyzed their own DNA. They have started to explore their own star system [in the obscure regions of the Milkyway Galaxy] These inhabitants have survived many plaques and ruthless rulers.

Now they are about to be done in by GMOs, their own environmentally caused issues and Egos over which version of their various deities is correct.

Recommendations for planet Earth?

86!

Well you'd hope they see more than that.They probably wouldn't know about the fire thing or extinction level event, being new to the neighborhood. But they would see a rather over industrious living being in the process of destabilizing it's host planet. They would see an out of balance population infecting large and vital areas of the host, and an ultra successful parasite, about to insure it's destruction.

Now if they're thinking aliens, and I'm sure they are having traveled all that way. with a pro-active nature, they might decide to scrub things up, parasite wise, and give the host planet a chance. and that might not work out well for us.

I'm sure they would have some respect for our level of technology, at minimum it's very destructive. They might be very large and not see much of us at all, with out some viewing or magnifying device.

Who knows. I'm betting they're not watching, but maybe God is. Now I'm not a religious type but it seems to me that the alien overlords fit right in with and, perhaps comes from, the religious meme. I figure we're on our own here, and our relationship with planet Earth needs some serious realignment. Others do not think we have reached that point yet. Others believe we shall never reach that point and that relentless growth is not only possible but desirable, even inevitable.

Meanwhile cracks are showing up everywhere, and I think it's time our leaders started discussing our future instead of preparing for our destruction..

Should the aliens decide to intervene I hope they brought along the usual tools, enlightenment, higher vibrational being. and all the goodies to speed us into our next phase. Who knows we might not even need this planet.

Never mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wanted to thank all ATS members for their contributions both pro and con!

Stay tuned

edit on 23-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I prefer to think that our petty issues here on the Blue Dot would be completely ignored by a type 2 or type 3 visitor.

Pale Blue Dot

The Pale Blue Dot is a photograph of planet Earth taken in 1990 by the Voyager 1 spacecraft from a record distance of about 6 billion kilometers (3.7 billion miles) from Earth, as part of the solar system Family Portrait series of images. In the photograph,

Earth is shown as a tiny dot (0.12 pixel in size) against the vastness of space. The Voyager 1 spacecraft, which had completed its primary mission and was leaving the Solar System, was commanded by NASA to turn its camera around and to take a photograph of Earth across a great expanse of space, at the request of Carl Sagan.

Subsequently, the title of the photograph was used by Sagan as the main title of his 1994 book, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space.

edit on 23-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Gut...!?

I'm about to insult all cultures and religions in the regions

edit on 23-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I do hope, however, that if our Alien Overlords decide to wipe the slate clean, they do it in spectacular fashion.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Gut...!?

I'm about to insult all cultures and religions in the regions

Insults? That's par for our pebble...and germane to the topic.

edit on 23-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

So much ego, hatred, love, war, passion, history, beauty, ugliness, glamour, hideousness, tragedy, and hope... all in such a tiny, little, totally insignificant dot in space.

Kind of puts it all into perspective, doesn't it?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Give me a chance...Yo?

Or.

Count out a US Marine...

Your dime.....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Give me a chance...Yo?

Or.

Count out a US Marine...

Your dime.....

OOH-RAH! Hit the beach soldier!!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well from a E.T. stand point i certainly would be disappointed after finding the voyager probe with sagan's golden record and wasting the dylithium crystals and mileage on the reactor core of the ship (whatever they use) to get here. And find the bald monkeys using spray on tan and hair spray fist pumping to robotic sounds. But we do have our radio transmissions broadcasting Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne as a warning to any intelligence lurking outside the solar system to abort mission.

86 as a mercy killing

edit on 23-9-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Just because you ignore ant hills, doesn't mean all humans do. You know there are people who study ant colonies. Couldn't there be extraterrestrials who like to study primitive civilizations? That doesn't even take into account humans projecting their own behaviors onto ETs, which can be argued as absurd, as we have no idea how they would think. Maybe a Type 2 Civ likes spreading life throughout the universe and watching it develop? The fact is you can't dismiss an ET presence just because you dismiss ants.
edit on 23-9-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually, we have poles and they have spectrums or ends.

The ETs helped us see both ends. It wasn't out of kindness or hatred, it was just because that's what we have.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

I'm hoping you are right, but what if ET is lazy and had some kind of super duper advanced monitoring equipment to filter out redundancy? They might try experimenting with the human race on Earth, the same way we do when we take ants out of their natural environment to watch them in the farm.

On ATS we know what kind of AI advantage can be gained through the use of networked computers. God forbid ET dies and the sadistic bean down stream gets control of the machine. Who knows but its a question that scales.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Cauliflower because: correct alien hand

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This isn't a rant but rather an attempt at seeing the Earth through their eyes. [This is of course written on the assumption that ETs exist]

Inspired by our modern world

Here we have an obscure planet circling an obscure star system in the obscure regions of the Milkyway Galaxy which the inhabitants have discovered fire and which survived an extinction level planet wide ice age and they contemplate a creator.

Then as their technology advanced and their egos grew they later survived two World Wars where they have split the atom and created weapons which are capable of causing their own extinction. They are presently polluting their own environment to the point of contaminating their own biosphere which may not if continued be able to support them.

They have literature, music, the arts and philosophy [which contemplates their own existence] They have analyzed their own DNA. They have started to explore their own star system [in the obscure regions of the Milkyway Galaxy] These inhabitants have survived many plaques and ruthless rulers.

Now they are about to be done in by GMOs, their own environmentally caused issues and Egos over which version of their various deities is correct.

Recommendations for planet Earth?

86!

I think you're giving far too much credit to humans. We consider things like genetic manipulation and splitting the atom to be major achievements but to an advanced alien race that's just basic science. We're as far beyond ants as they are beyond us, how much credit do you give ants for being able to organize large groups, create extensive tunnels, and do all the other things ants do? The answer is you (or people in general atleast) don't. As kids we look at them for amusement by frying them with a magnifying glass or collapsing their tunnels. Sometimes we drop off food for them. I seriously doubt the greys or any other species would even consider us on the level of being able to have a conversation with. At best they'll try to nudge us away from something self destructive because they're compassionate towards other living things.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Aren't y'all assuming that ET is oh so enlightened as to be saint like is their behaviour towards others and themselves?

How do you know that? They could be anything. From a galactic Gandhi, to a galactic Genghis Khan... With god alone knows what in between.

Superior? Who knows. Inferior? Seems just as likely, if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/9/12 by masqua because: edit removed

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Inferior? Seems just as likely, if you ask me.

Inferior - but with a better ride?

:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join