It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombs seized as nine Islamic militants arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Bombs seized as nine Islamic militants arrested

www.smh.com.au

Nine Islamic militants were arrested in Indonesia on Saturday and a dozen homemade bombs seized from a group suspected of planning suicide attacks, police say.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.heraldsun.com.au

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not sure if weapons and ammunition were found as well, but sounds like a decent sized cell.

It also looks like 2 of the suspects were known to be recruiters for JI.

Will be interested to see more details; but looks like a narrow escape.

More news just released - the authorities are stating that the group were planning on bombing the parliament building, and then continue fighting police until they were all martyred.

Pretty intense stuff.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Must be disinfo - can't possibly be true - the SMH is part of the MSM so what else do you need to identify it as disinfo??

It's all propaganda from the USA and Israel to justify military action against Iran and Obama is the devil.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Must be disinfo - can't possibly be true - the SMH is part of the MSM so what else do you need to identify it as disinfo??

It's all propaganda from the USA and Israel to justify military action against Iran and Obama is the devil.

[/sarcasm]

Ummm ... ok then.

Not really sure what your point is?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

[/sarcasm]

That's exactly how this threads going to turn out.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Glad they were caught before hurting innocents.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

I do agree Stonebutterfly.
Unforchantly I am also surprised that this thread has not yet gone the way the above posters have forecast.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly

Me too - and I apologise to those who didn't get my sarcasm, but sadly it sems rational discussions about islamic militancy are not possible on here - I am surprised that this one has not garnered comments from the rabid "It is all the fault of Israel/USA" crowd - long may that last!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly

Me too - and I apologise to those who didn't get my sarcasm, but sadly it sems rational discussions about islamic militancy are not possible on here - I am surprised that this one has not garnered comments from the rabid "It is all the fault of Israel/USA" crowd - long may that last!

Go ahead then and begin rational discussion. But calling people rabid just because you don't agree with them is not rational, unless it is your objective to discredit all criticism of US/Israel.

top topics

join