It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Make Things Go Horribly Horribly Wrong ( What I Learned This Week )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm glad I got to see this before it closed, I understood your point entirely, although I had to read much of it more than once to fully comprehend it. That's the biggest problem, some people just don't fully read or comprehend something before posting their knee-jerk reaction.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
By about page 3 just about every thread is lost from its original intent, the internet is one big game of Chinese whispers.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DejaVuAgain

I'm glad I got to see this before it closed, I understood your point entirely, although I had to read much of it more than once to fully comprehend it. That's the biggest problem, some people just don't fully read or comprehend something before posting their knee-jerk reaction.

Maybe some people can see beyond what is posted, and see the subliminal overtones, which is what irks us.

Some people just don't get that, before posting their knee jerk reactions, to some of the negative reactions to that thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Maybe some people can see beyond what is posted, and see the subliminal overtones, which is what irks us.

Some people just don't get that, before posting their knee jerk reactions, to some of the negative reactions to that thread.

I have to agree with you. I really think though, that people not taking the time to read something in it's entirety, or posting about something they don't understand is the biggest downfall of any open discussion here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I read the post and I agree with you. Despite the ramifications on the psyche (guilt), manipulation is almost human nature. What your PURPOSE for that manipulation is the differentiating factor and is what separates you from the psychotic / sociopath versus an average Joe.

With that being said, you should have known better than to make a post like you did with a large majority of the members here being more objective and argumentative than disquisitive and passive.

Isn't that how we all learn? The hard way!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I personally think you are one of,if not the best mod on here.Some other mods are the manipulators,removing posts they don't agree with,close to the bone maybe but not against t&c.
I definitely agree with the other poster who said some mods have long memories and play favourites,where as you Heff don't remove posts for the slightest thing.
I did read your thread but only the first couple of pages so I missed the name calling,just goes to show you can't buy common sense.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Is this show on the road again.....

Star and flag people, star and flag.

More flags, for more nothing.

One of the things that I have always found funny about ATS is that I often get accused of being some kind of agent simply because I'm a moderator. Actually, even before that, when I didn't have the mod tags on my profile, I still got it.

Maybe it was something beyond your moderator status.
edit on 23-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DejaVuAgain

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

I have to agree with you. I really think though, that people not taking the time to read something in it's entirety, or posting about something they don't understand is the biggest downfall of any open discussion here.

Yes, that and dishonesty and deception. Like people using multiple accounts at the same time.

Anyway, good to see you here (again).

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DermotMcDerp

Man, serious and straight. Your the same cat thats been haunting this dude for weeks now, arent you? I lurk and rarely post because the BS here pisses me off and I dont do well with anger. But to watch this? Pathetic bro. Let it go man. Internet crusades are lame. Specially the stupid ones. Lemme guess. Youll reply by calling me a sock puppet too?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WrathShadow

Youll reply by calling me a sock puppet too?

Would you feel important if I did? I don't think you are one so...... just another ignorant.

I am the same cat? Don't think so. I am a lion.

I lurk and rarely post because the BS here pisses me off

BS pisses me off too.

Anytime it occurs people have the right to put forward their opinion.

You feel this should be changed to "supportive comments" only?

edit on 24-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Lion? No fool here bro. How many accounts now to accost the same dude? Five? Ten? The only thing lionesque about you is ego. What I see is a nippy chihuahua that enjoys biting. Harmless annoying. Like callin me ignorant. No basis it for it other than convincing a little dog it is a lion. As for your supportive comments ploy? Not at all. But when you need 20 accounts to repeat the same # over and over again? Shows you have more goin on than just wanting to be an upright dude, Totally screams of butt hurt and vindictive.

Callin it how I see it. And I don't worry much because, just like you, if the mods ban me, I'll hit a proxy and be back kickin in no time. It's worth it to call you out. And, dude, if my simple ass sees it then other peopel see it too. So don't sit there feeling too pimp about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WrathShadow

Callin it how I see it. And I don't worry much because, just like you, if the mods ban me, I'll hit a proxy and be back kickin in no time.

You can't post here with a proxy.

As for your supportive comments ploy? Not at all. But when you need 20 accounts to repeat the same # over and over again?

Like OP repeats his #? I don't know. Maybe ask ATS, they do a lot of bannings it seems.

Lion? No fool here bro. How many accounts now to accost the same dude? Five? Ten? The only thing lionesque about you is ego. What I see is a nippy chihuahua that enjoys biting. Harmless annoying. Like callin me ignorant.

You should take a step back and let events take their natural course. I assume this will go on as long as the OP goes on with his "stuff". I think it is a balanced situation.

Or maybe blow of some more steam if it helps you.

Grrrr....

~Derp
edit on 24-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Hef i loved your thread on manipulation, and i was a little confused by some people not getting it, i thought you made the point pretty clear actually.

I manipulate all the time, like when i want my daughter to do something for me and she just sits there, ill then throw in a few think of your poor old mum comments and i did everything for your nana when i was your age ect, well all she hears is poor old mum and nana and off she goes to do whatever it is i have asked her to, occasionaly she says why cant you do it, i just say but i have a bone in my leg. the way i say make me sound sore, she doesnt take in what i said only how i said it. lol

The same goes for my husband, i make all ideas i have his. like i will say oh honey you know how you said you'd build that pond, well i don't think it will fit there. in reality he never said he was going to make a pond anywhere
but its what i want and within a few minuites he's outside measuring and gathering all he needs to build me a pond

But it also works on me as well, i ordered the stop smoking brochures the government hands out, that kit made me want to smoke, every second word was cigarette or smoking, every picture was of a cigarette or someone smoking, the way it looks to is that they don't really want you to quit. Every smoker will tell you they can go with out, but the minute they see someone light up they want to as well.

anyway Hef i suppose ill always be boggled about why some people don't get sarcasm or don't get a hint or a point someone is trying to make, people are just weird.

Love and harmony
Whateva

edit on 24/9/12 by Whateva69 because: doh

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I read your original thread but saw no reason to reply, but I also found it to be a worthy educational thread in many ways. All I can say is this.. A chefs job is to manipulate the food with his hands and cooking instruments to make a nutritious and tasty meal for those who choose to eat the plate offered. Nobody is force fed, but not all of those have the stomach for what you have to offer. To manipulate is neither good or bad, it's the reason you do it for that counts. Is your heart in the right place? that is the major issue. I see an apology as unneeded and it's more than likely it is all about the inability to accept the truth in the manner you cooked it up.Happens all the time. I once heard that when you apologize to others, in reality you are apologizing to your self.
Best wishes AT

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

1] Uhuh... wrong.
2) Again with this syko mission with the op. Obsessed or just excuse huntin?
3) So, your mission is to stalk this dude until he submits to your superior will and just stops posting? And you think he is the one with issues. Amrite....
4) Chihuahuas make good footbals

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Thank you..

Thank you for truth. I can always see truth.

that's basically it...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

anyway Hef i suppose ill always be boggled about why some people don't get sarcasm or don't get a hint or a point some is trying to make. people are just weird.

It is because you are way beyond them.

Those people will never "get it".

Thank god, you and Heff and the others get it.

You all get it, you know, almost like a hive mind.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

anyway Hef i suppose ill always be boggled about why some people don't get sarcasm or don't get a hint or a point some is trying to make. people are just weird.

It boggles my mind that some just don't get that ...we got the message, plus more.

It wasn't so much the message... but the way it was presented (way too much ego), and the assumption that most of don't know that manipulation is a standard part of life.

Yep, people are weird..especially when they just don't get what offended some people about the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

"way too much ego"

Are you trying to manipulate??

Are you trying for a certain response??

It's all known.. BUT.. Yet... No one ever remembers, it's all a game..

Some have "game" and some do not. This concept means some people are better at manipulation than others.

I like the OP's Honesty.
edit on 9/24/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join