It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon's Formation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Most of us are well aware of the mostly accepted notion that the Moon formed from a glancing blow to the Earth early on in the primordial creation.

I mostly subscribe to this belief, but i had a dream that was too cool not to share.

In the dream, i saw the Earth when it was still molten, however, there was a major anomaly. A giant geyser or stream of magma was being pulled from an equatorial latitude of Earth. The stream went to a point about the Earth where the Earthen material was spiraling into an event horizon where it was conglomerating towards what appeared to be a black hole, or some other such thing that functions in a similar way.

Wouldnt that be something else? Feed a tiny black hole more exotic matter at a slow rate (like material from the Earth) and you wind up with a Moon looking shell around a pin point black hole core that would be inside an empty cavity, lined with super dense material like compacted titanium, with the cavity wall at the proper distance from the hole, thereby incapable of being sucked in.

That, would be awesome. Itd also mean we shouldnt mess with the Moon lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I just posted that vid so I might as well wear it out.
Well If the Moon was like that comet it would have powered itself around.

Velikovsky has mention of a time before the moon.
The so called Arcadian of Greek history.

www.varchive.org...
www.varchive.org...

The Earth Without the Moon

The period when the Earth was Moonless is probably the most remote recollection of mankind. Democritus and Anaxagoras taught that there was a time when the Earth was without the Moon.(1) Aristotle wrote that Arcadia in Greece, before being inhabited by the Hellenes, had a population of Pelasgians, and that these aborigines occupied the land already before there was a moon in the sky above the Earth; for this reason they were called Proselenes.(

Ed: My Word, this is not such an isolated finding.
www.google.com...

Yet nothing has gone beyond the Velikovsky statement on the web.

edit on 9/23/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

There is some support for the moon formation hypothesis, but there are a few problems with it too so a better theory might arise at some point.

As far as we know, a small black hole is unstable and would evaporate very quickly, though we've never actually seen a black hole this small so this isn't confirmed experimentally. I think a black hole has to have a mass roughly greater than the moon to not evaporate quickly and the smallest black hole we know of is between 2-3 solar masses, many times more massive than the moon.

But we do see something like what you describe in binary star systems where the black hole can be seen stealing matter away from its companion star.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yea thats the same info i was ruminating about. Certainly the idea of how a black hole may interact with a planet, let alone a young planet, Is beyond wild.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The moon is a spaceship, i do not care what anyone else has to say, it was not formed naturally or has anything to do with this planet, it was built and brought here, period.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX
The moon is a spaceship, i do not care what anyone else has to say, it was not formed naturally or has anything to do with this planet, it was built and brought here, period.

If you have specific reasons for believing this (evidence showing that your "spaceship hypothesis" is better than all other theories), I'd like to hear them.

edit on 9/24/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Your dream is similar to the "Fission Theory" of moon formation (except for the black hole part).

This theory states that the rapidly spinning molten Earth somehow "whipped off" a part of itself, forming the Moon. This was once one of the predominant theories of moon formation, and was taught as one of the leading theories when I was in school (in the 1970s and early 1980s).

Here is a link to Moon formation theories, including the Fission Theory (the third theory down in this link):

The Formation of the Moon

....One interesting point I want to make about black holes (slightly off-topic, but not):

If our sun suddenly became a black hole, one with the same mass the Sun has right now, it would NOT suddenly start pulling more things toward it. If the mass of this new black hole was the same as the sun is now, its gravitational pull would be the same as the Sun is now, and the Earth and all of the other planets would go on their merry way, orbiting the black hole as if it was still the Sun.

Of course, over time, the mass of this black hole would continue to grow from the comets, asteroids, and dust being sucked in (just like the Sun sucks these things in right now), but unlike the Sun, the black hole would no longer lose mass (such as from CMEs and other reasons) -- it would just keep growing. So, over time, the gravitational pull would also continue to grow, and the earth would eventually get sucked in, but I bet that would take a long time.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I hear this from time to time on here......I am interested as to why you think this?

Do you have any kind of evidence toward this, or why you think this way??

If the moon is a spaceship, why would it let us land on it and search around? Unless you believe we never went to the moon either and landed there.....

Can you please elaborate a little?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I hear this from time to time on here......I am interested as to why you think this?

Do you have any kind of evidence toward this, or why you think this way??

If the moon is a spaceship, why would it let us land on it and search around? Unless you believe we never went to the moon either and landed there.....

Can you please elaborate a little?

We definitely went to the moon, but i don't believe in the footage they displayed for the people.

It's kind of a long story but i will try to make it short, first off the moon is always facing the same side towards the planet, no matter what part of the world you are in, second of all, there are traditions and cultures that talk about the earth not having a moon (and this is in our time but a very long time ago). and personally i see lights coming in and out of the moon frequently.

About the footage, it makes sense to me that when they went there (satellites) they saw exactly what it is, and there would be no way they would show that to the public so they had to fake the landing.

also think about ancient myths such as Atlantis and Greek mythology, something came in a huge ship (the moon) and took refuge on this planet (in simple terms), there is evidence that the moon and this planet is not even from this galaxy.

It is hard for me to explain, but there is just too much evidence for me, to support the idea that the moon is a manufactured object, and this is all in 18 years of evidence, i mean, what is the best way to hide something, in plain sight for everyone to see. Like i said it's hard to elaborate all the small details for me, i am not a writer so to say

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It's kind of a long story but i will try to make it short, first off the moon is always facing the same side towards the planet, no matter what part of the world you are in, second of all, there are traditions and cultures that talk about the earth not having a moon (and this is in our time but a very long time ago). and personally i see lights coming in and out of the moon frequently....

I can't speak to the ancient stories of spaceships...
HOWEVER, the fact that Moon always shows the same face to the earth is not a mystery at all -- it is a well-known function of orbital mechanics.

The reason the same face of the moon is always pointed toward the Earth id because of "Tidal locking". The Moon is tidally locked to the Earth, which which was caused by the gravitational pull of the Earth bulging one side of the moon, causing an orbital drag resulting in the moon's rotation and revolution being synchronized.

This tidal locking is NOT unique to the Earth-Moon system, but is actually quite common. Other large moons in the solar system orbiting close to their parent planet also posses this same characteristic of having the same face pointed toward its planet.

In fact, there are over 30 other moons in our solar system that also share this characteristic:

- The four main Moons of Jupiter -- Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto, plus four other moons of Jupiter.
- Some of the major moons of Saturn -- Titan, Enceladus, Mimas, Rhea, Iapetus, and several others.
- Both moons of Mars.
- Five moons of Uranus.
- Two moons of Neptune.
- Pluto's largest Moon, Charon
- Plus other moons in the solar system.

There are also other planets orbiting other stars that we think are tidally locked to their star, so the time it takes them to revolve around their star is the same amount of time it takes to rotate once, causing that planet to always have the same part of it facing its star.

One more thing...
If the moon suddenly appeared in our skies one day, such as an arriving spaceship, the gravitational chaos from that arrival would be enough to cause planetary cataclysm (I mean on a HUGE scale), plus it would be enough to completely alter the orbital position of the earth -- i.e., we would NOT be orbiting the same distance from the Sun if we had no moon, and all life on earth would be affected to the point that the life as we know it would not have survived (no one would have survived to tell the tale).

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Are all the other planets' moons spaceships as well, or just ours?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You have me sort of intrigued to say the least.

Do you have any video evidence or pictures of these "lights" coming to and from the moon you see?

Thanks for the information, why don't you start a thread on why you believe this? I would like to see it all laid out in front of me........

You sound like you have a very firm stance and for good reason, now try to get others to see why....

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

That is a hard question to answer since i have never seen the other moons personally, but i did think about that possibility which in turn maybe suggest that certain moons are a type of Noah's Ark, and also a good observation point as well (of which ever planet it is orbiting)

Replying to
(Soylent Green Is People)

Have you heard stories and myths of a great cataclysm such as the great flood?

Also, this planet does not need a sun or moon in order to hold life, but that is a whole different subject especially if you into the notion of hollow earth theory.

And to you Chrisfishenstein

I will definitely try and make a post about this subject, i will take time to elaborate into more detail with my brothers help, he is really good at putting things into words.

I wish i had some pictures and videos, they do move pretty quickly not all of them but most, i will try and put some together, wish i had a good camera too, i have seen some crazy UFO's, man made and some i cannot even explain. (and i had friends and family with me during those times)

To the OP your dream sort of reminded me of not a black hole but a worm hole for the arriving fleet.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Replying to
(Soylent Green Is People)

Have you heard stories and myths of a great cataclysm such as the great flood?

Also, this planet does not need a sun or moon in order to hold life, but that is a whole different subject especially if you into the notion of hollow earth theory.

The kind of cataclysm I'm talking about would make Noah's flood look minor. I'm talking about global events that would maybe cause the extinction of almost all species on Earth. There would truly be no person around to re-tell the tale to the next generation...AND (more importantly) there would be geological signs that the earth was once almost torn apart by the gravitational pull of the sudden arrival of the "spaceship moon". There are no such signs of a recent mass extinction, nor signs of a recent global cataclysm.

I say "recent" because you are telling me that the stories from ancient times could be evidence of a "spaceship moon" arrival. Even if we believe these stories predate the known ancient civilizations (say the stories have been "somehow" passed down from the dawn of humans -- even as far back as 250,000 years ago), that is still "recent" in the grand scheme of the earth. And that assumes that early humans were able to pass down those stories to our "known" ancient civilizations 00 although I have no idea how they would.

The time of the earliest humans on Earth (250,000 years ago) is barely a blink of an eye compared to the age of the Earth. If the Moon suddenly appeared even 250,000 years ago, we would be able to see the leftover tell-tale signs.

As for sunlight...every living thing on the surface of the earth is dependent on sunlight. Animals would have nothing to eat without sunlight, because the food chain starts with algae in the ocean and plants on land. Without algae and plants, the food chain collapses, and all animals starve.

I see you mentioned the idea of the "Hollow Earth", but you need to tell me their food source. Plus, that does not explain how we surface animals would survive with no Sun.

edit on 9/26/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro
Most of us are well aware of the mostly accepted notion that the Moon formed from a glancing blow to the Earth early on in the primordial creation.

I mostly subscribe to this belief, but i had a dream that was too cool not to share.

In the dream, i saw the Earth when it was still molten, however, there was a major anomaly. A giant geyser or stream of magma was being pulled from an equatorial latitude of Earth. The stream went to a point about the Earth where the Earthen material was spiraling into an event horizon where it was conglomerating towards what appeared to be a black hole, or some other such thing that functions in a similar way.

Wouldnt that be something else? Feed a tiny black hole more exotic matter at a slow rate (like material from the Earth) and you wind up with a Moon looking shell around a pin point black hole core that would be inside an empty cavity, lined with super dense material like compacted titanium, with the cavity wall at the proper distance from the hole, thereby incapable of being sucked in.

That, would be awesome. Itd also mean we shouldnt mess with the Moon lol.

From the research I've done, which is extensive, your dream explanation offers the best one I've seen to explain the formation of the moon. Given the nature of the super-intelligent design involving the ratios involved in the earth/moon/sun relationship, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that the eventual small core of the moon began as an astroengineered object to perform precisely the role you've described. So if it wasn't done by God as the unknown creative agency, then it must have been ancient aliens - the only issue here being that it was formed along with the earth some 4.6 BILLION years ago..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan...Given the nature of the super-intelligent design involving the ratios involved in the earth/moon/sun relationship, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that the eventual small core of the moon began as an astroengineered object ...

The Moon may appear the exact same size as the Sun in our skies right now, but it wasn't always that way, because the Moon's orbit is moving farther out away from Earth. At one time the moon was closer than it is now (meaning it would have looked bigger), and in the future it will be farther away from earth (and will appear smaller).

It is only right now, in this extremely brief moment in time (compared to the life span of the earth-moon system), that the Moon and Sun appear to be the same size.

If it was engineered to be that way, then why would it be moving away from us and appearing smaller? Even assuming it was engineered to look the same size in the sky as the Sun, my question would be "Why"? What is the reason/advantage?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Funny how at this particular moment in our own evolution the moon appears this way, whereas for the closer moon there were no observers, yet tidal forces condusive to promoting evolution. Some people might not also be aware that the moon also immitates the sun at opposite solstices, which has no reason except perhaps for a self aware being to gain access to astronomical data and form a lunar calendar. There's something to this, to the unique design of the earth/moon/sun relationship which needs to be explored further.

Here's just one of many many more aspects we must consider regarding the earth/moon/sun relationship.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

"Who Built the Moon ?" By Christopher Knight delves into the theory that the moon is not of natural formation and as you think, a spaceship.

I have not read it but it is an intriguing concept.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

I am in the process of reading it right now, although I must say that their final hypothesis as to WHO "built the moon" is utterly absurd and patently ridiculous. Half the book is utterly fascinating, and the other half, ridiculous.

However, their proof for intelligent design of the moon by some unknown creative agent (UCA) is extremely compelling if not absolutely conclusive, and it involves much more than the solar eclipse coincidence.

Personally I think that God make use of an astroengineered object, like that described in the OP, to suck the mantle material from the primordial earth, and to form the astro-geometrical basis for the formation of the other planets in our solar system while he was at it (ie: Jupiter serves as a cosmic vacuum cleaner to shield the earth from ELE comet and meteor impacts). In other words, that the "natural" process of accretion surrounding the solar disk was given an ASSIST either by astrogengineers of the distant past, and/or, something of supernatural, superintelligence. In the final analysis no other explanation other than "coincidence" is possible and coincidence is an understatement (and must be discounted) for many reasons I'll be exploring in a future thread on this topic.

Trust me, it's a better hypothesis than that offered in "Who Built the Moon?" which is that WE built it, as time travellers from the future..

"It was the stone that was rejected by the builders that became the keystone..?"

There can be little doubt, imho, that our entire solar system was created with the unique earth/moon/sun relationship in mind.

But the moon cannot be a rogue body capture from somewhere else because of certain isotopes which prove that the moon and earth are made of the same materials (but of very different overall composition) at about the same distance from the sun and that they formed in near simultaneity about 4.6 billion years ago.

The "Big Whack" theory however doesn't work (for a number of reasons) and must be discarded, and thus, something must have literally sucked the mantle material from the earth, just like in the OP's dream...

"It was the stone that was rejected by the builders, that became the keystone.." Can you imagine?!

So here's what I think. I think some higher power, whether God, angels or ancient aliens, at just the right moment and precision-engineered location, while the solar accretion disk was in formation, introduced an astroengineered object (small black-hole type device) which eventually became the moon, and that, believe it or not, our moon therefore, and the moon/earth/sun relationship is the very cornerstone (keystone) of our entire solar system, and is not a purely naturally occuring "random" event/object without super-intelligent design ie: not naturally or radomnly occuring purely in accord with the laws of physics ie: by accident.

And for those who wish to evoke the strong anthropic principal by saying that if it was not "the way it is" we would not be here to talk about it - I say that that's not a valid or scientific explanation of anything.

edit on 1-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

P.S. The one thing that I've learned from my research is that, unless similar feats of astronengineering were occuring during the formation of other solar systems, that life here on earth as we experience it, with moderate temperature across most of the planet, along with liquid water and moderate climate and precipitation - is a very very VERY rare phenomenon, much moreso than I previously assumed by virtue of OUR existence and the sheer magnitude of stars in our galaxy and throughout the universe. If there are no ancient astroengineers building "farms" all over the place while these solar systems were in formation, and if God really does begin with the end in mind, then it may be possible that the earth and it's giant regulating moon, is unique in the creation, something I never would have imagined myself saying before.

It's possible I suppose that a two moon system might do the same thing in terms of serving as an incubator for life ie: dynamic equillibrium regulating device for a living planet, but if you're of the more atheist variety who believes that only randomness according to the laws of physics, applies (absent super-intelligent design) then be prepared to argue that Earth may very well be and most likely is, entirely unique, not just in our galaxy, but universally, that is, once you have access to all the moon data and coincidence factors, and then in recognizing what a freak accident it truly is, you won't be prone to think of it happening again anywhere else, which is by itself rather solipsistic given the magnitude of the cosmos..

edit on 1-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join