It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Religion of Islam intolerant?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
No pre-modern religion is perfectly democratic and totally tolerant.

These religions started in pre-modern times were people were still largely primitive.
So Islam Relatively was and is tolerant to other faiths, though of course not completely because it isn't monolithic.
Islamic SUFIS are as tolerant as any religion IN THE WORLD!

Compare Moorish Spain to Catholic Spain
Ask the Jews who treated them better.

If the Muslims weren’t tolerant why did they interpret Plato and allow Christians to get at that knowledge
Plato wasn’t a Muslim.
Understand that no pre-modern religion in history was perfectly democratic and secular but Islam probably has the best record comparatively outside of Buddhism.

There are periods of Islamic fundamentalist that went too far and were intolerant and their were periods where relatively they were tolerant such as Moorish Spain

Like comparing Turkey to Saudi Arabia, Islam is not monolithic

The statements in the Quran about war are dealing with specific incidents not general commands

Also those people saying the Crusades was justified, which is historically inaccurate, let me ask them this

Was the genocide against the Cathars justified?
The Albigensian Crusade or Cathar Crusade

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course not, nor was the crusades where they slaughtered the Muslims in Jerusalem

“The Siege of Jerusalem took place from June 7 to July 15, 1099 during the First Crusade. During it, the Crusaders stormed and captured the city from Fatimid Egypt. The Siege is notable for the massacre that followed, during which much of Jerusalem's population was slaughtered.”

en.wikipedia.org...
Contents

Also look at Islam’s doctrine of Hell
In Islam Like Judaism Hell is temporary not eternal

People will be judged according to their deeds not their religion or race.

Christianity teaches THAT ALL NON Christians will burn in hell forever

Of course the CATHOLICS CHANGED THAT CRAZY DOCTRINE RECENTLY
But still Protestants believe ONLY Christians go to heaven
Which doctrine is the most tolerant?

Prophet Muhammad's [s] Letter to the Monks of St. Catherine's Monastery.

In this letter Prophet [s,] the Prophet of universal peace and harmony outlines how Christian's are to be treated by muslims. Question to be pondered upon here, how close is our present day behavior towards Christian or other religions in light of this letter. Jazak Allah Khair.

In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war.
An English translation of that document is presented below.

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)." This charter of privileges has been honored and faithfully applied by Muslims throughout the centuries in all lands they ruled. For more information www.cyberistan.org... An image of the original letter on the official website of the monastery st-katherine.net...

Bottom Line, no religion is perfect. The religion is just laws and rules and a doctrine.
It is the people who interpret the doctrine that are responsible for their acts.

Islamic Sufis are the most tolerant people in any religion but many Islamic fundamentalist are crazy just like intolerant FUNDAMENTALIST FROM ALL RELIGIONS.
Islam is not monolithic.
edit on 27-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join