It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GMO debate is over; GM crops must be immediately outlawed; Monsanto halted from threatening huma

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

GMOs are on everything that is manufactured in the US, no just soy beans but anything that have corn in the label in manufactured food, corn starch, modified items are all GMOs products.

Even baby food.

That is the big problem the foods have to be one hundred percent organic to be trusted.

So even if you only eat soy beans be aware that the piece of bread and those frozen entrées are all made with GMOs ingredients, if the label doesn't say organic.

So people are eating GMOs Knowingly or not because big poisonous companies like Monspanto have been able to get away from labeling the crap in the everyday food people consume.

Just staying from anything manufactured you will ensure that no GMOs are available in your table.

That means fresh, fresh and fresh from trusted sources.

Sadly most American diet have the least of fresh products and plenty of manufactured crap.

Remember if your food sources are pre packaged or pre cooked or manufactured in quantities is usually with GMOs ingredients.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Fluoride temporarily lowers IQ unless it is over-consumed. It attaches to the places Iodine attaches to to power things up. It works but doesn't work quite right and over-consumption can lead to some permanent effects. Articles I have read states that fluoride can take some metals past the blood brain barrier. This can lead to low level effects on the brain that can possibly do many harmful things. Fluoride readily attaches to calcium and brings it to everywhere in the body. Some of the research articles I read were government authorized research. The articles only stated that further research should be done. The articles reached the assigned parameters and was stopped. Without access to further research, which evidently is not funded, I cannot make a total conclusion. I know I am not afraid of fluoride because a little calcium will make it less of a threat. The fact that I cannot drink much milk is a problem but I don't have city water so I don't think it will be a problem. I'm wondering if a higher salt intake will deter the fluoride from attaching to the thyroid. The chloride is easier to rid the body of, just eating a high potassium food will make you pee it out.

GMO is just one of the hazzards we have to deal with. High copper intake from the fungicides sprayed on foods is another possible problem. High copper can lead to hair loss, hypothyroidism, and depression. A few beers at night or a daily yogurt can help that by raising tyramine which causes the shared copper enzyme to be used up. I always knew there was something in the water in the copper country that made people a little strange, I thought it was the alcohol that was added.
Seems that the beer after work was actually the antidote for the copper naturally in the water.
Any fermented food would help.
edit on 23-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Of course, your "news" is little more than propaganda; it doesn't even cite the cource or give a link to the original "study!"

A little bit of time spent looking for facts reveals that this study has numerous flaws and is highly questionable.
These are the same "peers" who wrongfully approved "studies" finding vaccines to be poisonous, based on faked research.

Here's what legitimate researchers have noted thus far:

Experts asked by reporters to review the scientific paper advised caution in drawing conclusions from it.

Tom Sanders, head of the nutritional sciences research division at King's College London, noted that Seralini's team had not provided any data on how much the rats were given to eat, or what their growth rates were.

"This strain of rat is very prone to mammary tumors particularly when food intake is not restricted," he said. "The statistical methods are unconventional ... and it would appear the authors have gone on a statistical fishing trip."

Mark Tester, a research professor at the Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics at the University of Adelaide, said the study's findings raised the question of why no previous studies have flagged up similar concerns.

"If the effects are as big as purported, and if the work really is relevant to humans, why aren't the North Americans dropping like flies? GM has been in the food chain for over a decade over there - and longevity continues to increase inexorably," he said in an emailed comment.

David Spiegelhalter of the University of Cambridge said the methods, statistics and reporting of results were all below standard. He added that the study's untreated control arm comprised only 10 rats of each sex, most of which also got tumors.

www.reuters.com...

Publish the data or face the simple fact that this is little more than hysteria.

deny ignorance

jw

edit on 23-9-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Sadly we do not need to get any farther than what is going on with the American population in the alst 30 years, when it comes to heath, manufactured crap with GMOs and the increased decline in health.

Yes is plenty of pills to take from manufactured prescribe drugs to get you by, but in decline American health is.

That can not be denied.

We are the same people of one hundred years ago, what we got now that was not there before, is manufactured crap with GMOs.

I don't need a rat to tell me of any links I see it everyday walking in the streets and visiting hospitals, with GMOs, drugs companies are booming and profiting .

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

There isn't much of a way today to avoid GMO foods. What you say is true. I go by the philosophy that reducing exposure will help somewhat. There may be a power struggle of a company trying to get complete control of our food production. Seems to me that there is a company that owns controlling interest in Monsanto. I think that is a Pharma company. This is just speculation of possible things that can be happening and I in no way am going to say it is definitely happening, It is just a possibility

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yes I read about that, I know what you are talking about and believe me Monspanto is trying to get if they are not in it already on big pharma.

Also, you do not have to go that far to see the link between the corrupted DFA and big pharma and monspanto, they are all in bed, drug, food and administration the words tells the story of what goes on behind close doors.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is all good when people are aware of what Monsanto's been doing over the years and continuing that plight of protestation and informing others of its presence. It's not an easy thing to overcome, I'm sure, when it comes to dealing with large corporate entities such as that. And since I'm from the Northeast of the USA and am aware of food coop stores selling organic food in comparison to GMOs.

It's funny because one store that sells organic is literally across the street from a grocery chain, so the differences are quite glaring.

However, something bugs me about this entire debate, especially the concept of food poisoning. People label Monsanto as 'evil' and greedy so granted there may be truth to the latter. Although, I need to raise this very important question:

IF Monsanto is accused of willingly to poison or modify food for our consumption which is detrimental to our health, are they also willingly EATING that stuff as well OR eating something else that is not modified? Would those corporate bigwigs of Monsanto allow their own children or family to consume GMO foods, if they knew it was poisonous?

I wonder.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
read a book called "Genetic Roulette" This will explain how all this works and how it mutates our DNAand RNA helix's

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Lightning strikes are a far worse threat than "terrorism".
But yes, I agree, Monsanto, there evil cohorts in the congress and anyone else who backs these bastards needs to be shut down immediately.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

it is time everyone wake up to the depopulation plan of the powers that be...

80% population reduction is the stated goal of many organizations..

GMO foods is the tool..

is it not obvious that there is a need for a seed bank to keep safe natural heritage seeds from GM ones?

why would anyone need such a thing unless you were aware of such diabolical plans...

edit on 23-9-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You are 100% correct. What existing laws do we have for crimes against humanity? And crimes against nature?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
im sick of hearing the ''all GM food is evil'' line on everyone of these threads, almost no one i see post about this stuff see's the incredible potential for food security that SOME of these GM crops could provide. Now im not saying that all GM is a good idea, i just think people are way to quick to write it off before they even give the topic some thought.

As for the latest bombshell, is anyone really surprised that this particular type of corn or whatever it is, is causing cancer in rats? the stuff was engineered to be resistant to roundup, now to me thats a pretty nefarious use of GM tech, but there is huge potential to use GM tech to boost yields.

anytime anything GM is flagged there is instantly this massive uproar from a huge number of people who are just keen to bash GM, i doubt a lot of them even understand the tech or reasoning behind it but are just jumpping on the bandwagon

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by jdub297

We are the same people of one hundred years ago ... .

And yet, we live on average 40% longer and far better than "we" did 100 years ago.

You could always go back to growing, killing and preserving your own food, if you prefer, heating your house with wood or dung, and drinking from a well you dug yourself or a creek.

In 1912, U.S. men averaged a life expectancy of 50.9; and women, 55.9.
demog.berkeley.edu...

jw

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The below thread has a great chart for avoiding GMO foods, well not all them, but its a good guide to avoiding GMO produce in the store

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You fell for the spin doctors...

The Sprague-Dawley rat strain propaganda is false.

Gilles-Eric Séralini knows about Sprague-Dawley rat strain being prone to spontaneous tumours.

The double standard is clear, as Monsanto used Sprague-Dawley rat strain in their own safety study of 13 weeks span.

table from fulltext [research.sustainablefoodtrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Final-Paper.pdf ] comparing the 3 protocols(paper, Monsanto, OECD).

The protocol used in this work was compared to the regulatory assessment of NK603 maize by the company (Hammond et al., 2004), and to non mandatory regulatory in vivo
tests for GMOs, or mandatory for chemicals (OECD 408). Most relevant results are shown in this paper.

Monsanto paper cited, published in same journal Food and Chemical Toxicology as Gilles-Eric Séralini's study.

dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2004.02.013
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691504000547

B Hammond a, R Dudek b, J Lemen a, M Nemeth a

a Monsanto Company, 800 N. Lindbergh, St Louis, MO, 63167, USA
b Monsanto Company, Metabolism and Safety Evaluation-Newstead (MSE-N), 645 S. Newstead Ave., St Louis, MO 63110, USA

Results of a 13 week safety assurance study with rats fed grain from glyphosate tolerant corn

Food and Chemical Toxicology, Volume 42, Issue 6, June 2004, Pages 1003–1014

Article history
Received 18 June 2003
Accepted 12 February 2004
Available online 16 March 2004

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

That might be true but the CIA U.S. military wars have killed about 8 million people since World War II.

The good life we live is based on logarithmic technology that requires logarithmic energy compound growth.

In other words our health is inversely proportional to the rest of the world's suffering.

2 billion people living on $2 income a day.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

I was considered one of the top 12 suspects for anti-genetic engineering Eco-terrorism as this pdf from Cyberian Intelligence Services details

What was my crime? I was called a "multi-sector" and "habitual" protester.

Yep -- that's right.

Freedom of speech made me a suspect.

Are you suggesting that those of us who speak out against genetic engineering should not do so?

Are we terrorists maybe?

Horizontal Gene Transfer – The Hidden Hazards of Genetic Engineering Dr. Mae-Wan Ho

Now Dr. Mae-Wan Ho is not a fanatic -- she recently supported genetic engineered bacteria to create biofuel - as long as the bacteria are safely contained.

But planting crops self-reproduce and spread in a way that can't be controlled and the "science" doing the research is controlled by Monsanto.

genes engineered into transgenic plants have transferred via pollen to bacteria and yeasts living in the gut of bee larvae(1).

FArmaggedon is not an understatement regarding genetic engineering.

You know what the Terminator seed is correct?

O.K. so you have this paternalistic attitude about "feeding the masses" -- which has been heavily promoted by mind-controlled corporate advertising (which is 100% tax deductible btw).

O.K. guess what -- people have been feeding themselves for thousands of years using organic humanure composting all over the world.

Now get this -- Western colonialism has caused people to starve more than anything else.

Cargill: Our Taxes, Global Destruction!

Time to learn how the largest private corporation in the world operates -- controlling food is more important than controlling oil.

Between 1985 and 1992, the legal entity called Cargill received $800.4 million in tax subsidies via the Export Enhancement Program, a continuation of the infamous “Food for Peace” policy, writes Kneen. Promoted by Hubert H. Humphrey and instituted as PL 480, food became a Cold War tool, i.e. “for Peace.” If we can induce people to “become dependent on us for food,” then “what is a more powerful weapon than food and fiber?” Humphrey declared, according to “Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies” by Noam Chomsky. Actually, most of the nation recipients of tax-subsidized Cargill food dumping were, and are, net exporters of food already — policies imposed by colonial trading patterns. The food (for Peace) has been bought cheaply by neocolonial regimes, and then sold at a huge discount on the local market — in Somalia, for example, at one-sixth of the local prices.

Many examples of these misguided policies can be found in “Betraying the National Interest: How US Foreign AID Threatens Global Security by Undermining the Political and Economic Stability of the Third World,” by Frances Moore Lappe, et al. Cargill’s undercutting wipes out the local farmers’ self-reliance, while the revenues (going to the elite) are tied to required purchases of U.S. weapons, writes Chomsky, citing “The Soft War” by Tom Barry, 1988. But the main beneficiary of “Food for Peace” has been Cargill. Keen writes, “From 1954 to 1963, just for storing and transporting P.L. 480 commodities, the heavily subsidized giant Cargill made $1 billion.” Indian lawyer N.J. Nanjundaswamy reports that a Cargill motto is, “One who controls the seed, controls the farmer, and one who controls the food trade, controls the nation.” Yudof’s recently stated support of federal foreign policy Title XII is another public promotion of the University of Minnesota-Cargill partnership’s raiding of sustainable agricultural cultures.

Yeah so Cargill works with Monsanto.

edit on 23-9-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hoorah! , mankind wins a temporary reprieve from the Monsanto onslaught. Bees everywhere will be grateful, and so will people who do not eat the GM stuff and get wierd canrcer tumors in wierder places. Question is, how much of that crap have they been feeding us already over the years?
edit on 23-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Good question -- let's remember that Monsanto's rBGH also causes cancer and it's in the milk.

rBGH from Monsanto -- synthetic growth hormone in milk causes cancer

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I will always believe the most dangerous thing has been all those people that died when Monsanto accidentally poisoned them will the faulty electric pole holders!!!

A whole town got sick!

And no "Erin Brokovich" showed up!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join