It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Enterprise part of US naval exercise in Persian Gulf- something we missed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Its not a "we're the US navy and you cant sink our ship attitude" but rather a "if u sink our ship we MAY nuke your ass"

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

If "Iran" were to sink one of our ships, regardless of the size, the outrage would be huge. The US Navy hasn't lost a ship in so long that there's almost a "We're the US Navy, you can't hurt us" mentality that has developed in the US. If any of our ships would be sunk, then the outcry for immediate retaliation would be intense. Not to mention that the immediate retaliation by the other ships in the area, would be enough to start something. There is no way that the other ships in the area would NOT retaliate, and once that happened, their fight would be underway.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Or a "if one of our allies sinks our ship with our full knowledge and approval, that will give us enough public support to nuke your ass, despite you never falling for our bait."

The only way to have public support for starting another war is to force the public to support it. The well-documented and time-worn strategy for exactly that circumstance is to be threatened by an enemy so vile, they probably grind up bones of their enemies and make tea. They probably ran over your dog when you were 6. They probably were behind that shooting that happened that time. We just remembered all that when they did this latest thing they probably did. Don't worry, though. You just need to sign this paper and relax. We'll take care of it. Then bring home treats.

It's as transparent as it is effective. Humans are too easy to manipulate when they're all grouped together.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

big sigh....

of course....i KNOW you are correct.....

but geeze...you take all the fun out of the 'what-might-have-been'....!

your post ...imo....is VERY well spoken...

and your insights appreciated...at least by me.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I do not know if this has ben stated already, but the Enterprise was known to already be out there in international waters for some time. It will be sent back to the States but until then it is on it's final mission. Bear in mind that it can take anywhere near or over 8 years to dissemble a nuclear warship/carrier/etc. Taking apart the USS Enterprise is going to be a massive job and cost untold millions of dollars. It is insured, however.

Anyway, it's far better, I really hate to say this, to just sink our destroy an outdated vessel than it is to take it apart. I see the "false flag" being mentioned above briefly and while I'm not sure it it's meant to pertain to this ship being struck first or not (unlikely, better to USE it then have it sunk), it's far more useful out there than it would be just being taken apart here in the USA. Especially with all the rising tension.

It hasn't been decided yet whether the next Enterprise will be a new electric stealth Naval ship, or a space-capable warplane. Although, with the joint-effort dark-side-of-the-moon base in very real talks right now, anyone's guess is as good as the next individuals.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just read this a page back. My friend here has it correct. Purposely downing a ship like this would be an incredible loss of time/money and cause so much decimation in the area.. "WW3" (what people thin this war would be, I doubt it though) would begin with a bang. Now Iran knows this, and yes the US does too, it IS a target. But this is why the curtain has been drawn around it and it isn't moving too far from allied forces. If a single missile fired gets through the air defense net I will be shocked.

Originally posted by schuyler

7. Here's what's going to happen. The MCM exercise will be over this Thursday. The Stennis will arrive on station within a week or two. The Enterpise will then leave the area, sail through the Suez, make a pit stop or two in Italy or Spain, then sail to Norfolk where it will be ultimately decommissioned with great pomp and ceremony.

I know that's not as exciting as the crapola put forth as gospel truth and penetrating analysis on ATS, but that's what is going to happen.

Well said.
edit on 25-9-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.gonavy.jp...

thought this may help.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thats paranoid thinking. All this false flag talk on here is just that...delusional ATS'ers talking about imminent false flags that NEVER happen.

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
reply to post by princeofpeace

Or a "if one of our allies sinks our ship with our full knowledge and approval, that will give us enough public support to nuke your ass, despite you never falling for our bait."

The only way to have public support for starting another war is to force the public to support it. The well-documented and time-worn strategy for exactly that circumstance is to be threatened by an enemy so vile, they probably grind up bones of their enemies and make tea. They probably ran over your dog when you were 6. They probably were behind that shooting that happened that time. We just remembered all that when they did this latest thing they probably did. Don't worry, though. You just need to sign this paper and relax. We'll take care of it. Then bring home treats.

It's as transparent as it is effective. Humans are too easy to manipulate when they're all grouped together.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
THIS 100%

Originally posted by SoulVisions
Just read this a page back. My friend here has it correct. Purposely downing a ship like this would be an incredible loss of time/money and cause so much decimation in the area.. "WW3" (what people thin this war would be, I doubt it though) would begin with a bang. Now Iran knows this, and yes the US does too, it IS a target. But this is why the curtain has been drawn around it and it isn't moving too far from allied forces. If a single missile fired gets through the air defense net I will be shocked.

Originally posted by schuyler

7. Here's what's going to happen. The MCM exercise will be over this Thursday. The Stennis will arrive on station within a week or two. The Enterpise will then leave the area, sail through the Suez, make a pit stop or two in Italy or Spain, then sail to Norfolk where it will be ultimately decommissioned with great pomp and ceremony.

I know that's not as exciting as the crapola put forth as gospel truth and penetrating analysis on ATS, but that's what is going to happen.

Well said.
edit on 25-9-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And on the 12th day, the MCM Exercise ended.

The sun rose and life continued on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join