It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This short video shows just how unbalanced the US and China's economies and demonstrates how markets naturally seek balance.

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
But yet Romney claims to be able to "take on China".

Interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I don't know how anyone can 'take on China'! China isn't the issue really. Deep down China's growth is directly linked to the West's desire for cheaper and better products and Western corporations desire to increase its profits. Essentially satisfy consumer expectations without harming their bottom line. If you want to take on China, it must be done from the heart of the West.
You can't blame China for this. We are ALL to blame.
If made in the US or UK or whatever really meant something any more consumers would shop accordingly, they do not.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

I don't know how anyone can 'take on China'! China isn't the issue really. Deep down China's growth is directly linked to the West's desire for cheaper and better products and Western corporations desire to increase its profits. Essentially satisfy consumer expectations without harming their bottom line. If you want to take on China, it must be done from the heart of the West.
If made in the US or UK or whatever really meant something any more consumers would shop accordingly, they do not.

And THAT'S it, in a nutshell! We can all boycott "made in China" products, yet we do not. So WHO HAS THE POWER?????? WHO'S USING THAT POWER???????? Ahaaaa!
edit on 23-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think if we just don't allow Chinese products that are stolen American technology it would help tremendously. If it is patented in the U.S. then just don't allow it to be imported without the patent holders consent. The same goes for every other country that steals our technology.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
www.uschina.org...

Table 1: China's Trade with the United States, 2001-11 ($ billion)
Notes: *Calculated by USCBC. US exports reported on a free-alongside-ship basis; imports on a general customs-value basis.

Source: US Department of Commerce; US International Trade Commission (ITC)

The years : 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
US exports 19.2 22.1 28.4 34.7 41.8 55.2 65.2 71.5 69.6 91.9 103.9
% change* 18.3 14.7 28.9 22.2 20.5 32.0 18.1 9.5 -2.6 32.1 13.1
US imports 102.3 125.2 152.4 196.7 243.5 287.8 321.5 337.8 296.4 364.9 399.3
% change* 2.2 22.4 21.7 29.1 23.8 18.2 11.7 5.1 -12.3 23.1 9.4
US balance -83.0 -103.1 -124.0 -162.0 -201.6 -232.5 -256.3 -266.3 -226.8 -273.1 -295.5

edit on 23-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The young 17 year old girl doing quality checks on the boom boxes has No Idea, No Clue what American minimum wage is. She makes about 20 dollars a week and cannot understand why Americans can buy cheap stuff from China but she cannot.

What are they teaching these kids in their schools?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
From what i hear, China will build a plant in a Provence in the middle of nowhere and pay them very low wages. The plants that have been running for a long time get savvy and get a higher wage. Eventually the distant provinces hear how much the workers in the older plants make and demand more pay. China will build again in another clueless Province, rinse and repeat. Eventually they will find it harder to compete just as America does. That may be 20 years from now but it is progressing.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

Everyone should look at were things are made. If I can get a product that is not made in China I will. China and its people are a plague on the world. The people allow a corrupt evil regime to control them in every way. And instead of pushing for change they jump of the roof.

I hope the current China falls apart from the inside out. And eventually it will information will be it's downfall. The people of the China deserve better.

And by the way they should free Tibet.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Everyone should look at were things are made. If I can get a product that is not made in China I will. China and its people are a plague on the world. The people allow a corrupt evil regime to control them in every way. And instead of pushing for change they jump of the roof. I hope the current China falls apart from the inside out. And eventually it will information will be it's downfall. The people of the China deserve better. And by the way they should free Tibet.
reply to post by SubTruth

Look below and see what I have done with your moronic statement.

Everyone should look at were things are made. If I can get a product that is affordable and made in USA I will. USA and its government are a plague on the world. The people allow a corrupt evil regime to control them in every way. And instead of pushing for change they jump of the roof.

I hope the current USA falls apart from the inside out. And eventually it will information will be it's downfall. The people of the USA deserve better.

And by the way they should bring all their troops home and stop meddling.

The USA needs to get it's own house in order before it dicks around with anyone else. China are simply working! You can't blame China for this, you need to point the finger at Western corporate greed and consumer desire for cheap goods. If it wasn't for the likes of the Fed and the bank bailouts plunging the West into recession and dooming us to a contestant boom/bust cycle then our money would be worth a lot more, we could innovate, manufacture, export and all prosper if it wasn't for this!
Grow up and stop pointing the finger at a nation that is trying to drag itself into the developed world.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

That fact that China is growing and able to produce goods efficiently is a good thing not a bad one. There's no reason to not buy what is produced in China. If you don't other people will, it would just be your loss. What is interesting is how quick an economy can grow and wealth can increase when there is less government interference. The US government is forcing these opportunities out of the country by intervening in the market.

People came to this country for economic liberty and they will leave here for it too.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

I agree, however the broad statement that the USA needs to get it's house in order is exactly what the average American wants to do. Unfortunately on electing Obama he is turning us into a third world country intentionally. His and his backers theory is to level the world playing field America has to take a dive. This theory does not take into account that the entire world economy is dependent on the American economy. The upcoming election will decide whether or not we become a third world nation or go back to Capitalism. The Liberals in America and abroad are the ones pushing America in the direction of world disaster. Not the average American.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You are blaming the liberals for our problems. Quick question. Do you honestly believe that if Romney got elected anything will be different and he will save our country from falling into the third world?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
IF cutting corners, producing cheap and unreliable products, stealing western innovation funded by western taxpayers, bribery, and enslavement of its own people on low wages are known as ' China Efficiency', then China is indeed the best

The CCP govt will do anything to stay in power, and thus their apathy to the rest of the world's suffering in their producation and labour methods to keep the 1.3 billion hungry masses pacified, the corrupted within the CCP govt hell bent on squeezing the last dime, and 'globalised' traders reeking of unconscionable greed.

This is China today, and revered as a 'world power'. Mankind is either sleeping or blinded. Made in China. Have fun.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Everyone should look at were things are made. If I can get a product that is not made in China I will. China and its people are a plague on the world. The people allow a corrupt evil regime to control them in every way. And instead of pushing for change they jump of the roof. 

I hope the current China falls apart from the inside out. And eventually it will information will be it's downfall. The people of the China deserve better. 

The sad thing about posters like you, is your will post something
stupid like this, knowing you will not come back into the thread
when people like me question you.

Chinese are a plague on this world! Really! Its people like you that
make the world the way it is. Why dont you look at your own government.
Why dont you step outside of your comfort bubble and see the real world.

Oh, i see you joined the " free tibet" bandwagon. Why dont you do some research
and see what tibet was like under lama rule. Guess you believe it was heaven on
earth!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
IF cutting corners, producing cheap and unreliable products, stealing western innovation funded by western taxpayers, bribery, and enslavement of its own people on low wages are known as ' China Efficiency', then China is indeed the best

The CCP govt will do anything to stay in power, and thus their apathy to the rest of the world's suffering in their producation and labour methods to keep the 1.3 billion hungry masses pacified, the corrupted within the CCP govt hell bent on squeezing the last dime, and 'globalised' traders reeking of unconscionable greed.

This is China today, and revered as a 'world power'. Mankind is either sleeping or blinded. Made in China. Have fun.

Talk about going over the top! Newsflash for you. All governments will
do anything to stay in power. Yes, even start wars to win votes!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I think if we just don't allow Chinese products that are stolen American technology it would help tremendously. If it is patented in the U.S. then just don't allow it to be imported without the patent holders consent. The same goes for every other country that steals our technology.

So the answer is to tell the Chinese instead of having those jobs for little pay they should have no jobs at all? How about encouraging and helping them to drive change in their country, so that they eventually have a standard of living and rights comparable to those in Europe and China?

top topics

join