<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
is any nation on earth truly peaceful?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'd step away from the keyboard and take a breather if I were you.
Probably good advice.

Gonna do just that.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Yes Iceland, the people don't want an army so the Americans jumped to the chance of setting up a taskforce called the Icelandic Defence Force I believe. I think it consists of a squadron of F16s and a couple of naval destroyers. I could be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Yes Iceland, the people don't want an army so the Americans jumped to the chance of setting up a taskforce called the Icelandic Defence Force I believe. I think it consists of a squadron of F16s and a couple of naval destroyers. I could be wrong though.

The US left Iceland years ago.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

One must laugh though. As soon as those American bombs hits Iranian soil, this site will be swarmed with locusts saying "I told you so!".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by Krono

The US left Iceland years ago.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

I stand corrected! Well I'm still right about them being peaceful.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Think Iran needs to shut up more Iranian war mongering while I would love for cooler heads to prevail and some sanity, and have a dialogue,

Think they do not want that I really do think they want a WAR.

I don't think that is the case (at the moment). If they wanted a war so badly all they'd have to do is start one, and attack Israel. I think instead that this rhetoric and chest beating is a way to attempt to drum up support against Israel. Iran knows full well that if they were to attack Israel first, they wouldn't have a hope in hell of taking out Israel's nuclear weapons before they were launched. Iran would suffer greatly from such a response. They require a united front to avoid such a scenario, with other nations with better technology and weapons systems aiding them.

I've been saying for years now that I believe the first nuke to fly if world war 3 starts will be fired by Israel when it's eventually pushed into a corner it can't escape from.

The scary part in all of this is the religious factor. There are people in high places who think this is supposed to happen, and that it will usher in their personal religions "golden age". But they can't have that golden age if they are nuked into oblivion (and they know it). Freaky time to be alive.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Anybody heard that Iran just found spy equipment close to one of their nuclear facilities?
It was a device that could pick up data from the computers within the nuclear facilities.

It was disguised as a rock. Probably dropped by a UAV.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Anybody heard that Iran just found spy equipment close to one of their nuclear facilities?
It was a device that could pick up data from the computers within the nuclear facilities.

It was disguised as a rock. Probably dropped by a UAV.

I could've been wrong about Iceland, I've bet they got a super secret 200,000 strong strike force under the Persian Gulf waiting to strike.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I don't think that is the case (at the moment). If they wanted a war so badly all they'd have to do is start one, and attack Israel.

Which they have been doing covertly through supporting proxies such as Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad etc for a couple of decades.

I think instead that this rhetoric and chest beating is a way to attempt to drum up support against Israel.

Now, If Israel. For argument sake here. Said something similar how would this be received?

I've been saying for years now that I believe the first nuke to fly if world war 3 starts will be fired by Israel when it's eventually pushed into a corner it can't escape from.

I hope to hell you're wrong. I'd put nothing past Israel.

The scary part in all of this is the religious factor. There are people in high places who think this is supposed to happen, and that it will usher in their personal religions "golden age". But they can't have that golden age if they are nuked into oblivion (and they know it). Freaky time to be alive.

Then the third planet in some obscure location of the Milky-way Galaxy goes silent....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I really think Iran is nuts! Why would they pour fuel on the fire with these latest remarks by this General. It is if they are goading the opposition to attack them?

Exactly and if Israel is blown off the face of the earth people will say it was their own fault,

Israel can't win for losing.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Both are going to do what they are going to do regardless of what we say the only thing for sure I know they will get blamed and the "they had it coming crowd" would cheer,

No one can wage any kind of war without public support,and the media which would be "victory",

I would not put anything past Iran..........

Fair and Balanced
edit on 23-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I don't think that is the case (at the moment). If they wanted a war so badly all they'd have to do is start one, and attack Israel.

Which they have been doing covertly through supporting proxies such as Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad etc for a couple of decades.

I think instead that this rhetoric and chest beating is a way to attempt to drum up support against Israel.

Now, If Israel. For argument sake here. Said something similar how would this be received?

Then the third planet in some obscure location of the Milky-way Galaxy goes silent....

I suppose I should clarify. I am aware Iran is involved in a sort of war against Israel by proxy. What I meant was that I think they know that they can't win a direct head on conflict with Israel at the moment (though that is ultimately their goal). They are trying to drum up support until they feel they could potentially attack israel (or goad them into a war) and WIN. They won't make a move in that regard until they are confident they wont be nuked into the stone age.

As for Israels rhetoric, I think there is a genuine concern there. It's no secret that they are surrounded on all sides by nations who wouldn't shed a tear to see Israel cease to exist. They've been attacked on multiple fronts before. The last thing they want is Iran (who's leaders have stated that Israel's extinction as a nation is their desire) to have nukes and level the playing field.

Of course, Israel wishes to drum up support against Iran. The whole world has been trying to reason with Iran on the nuclear issue (even offering to enrich their Uranium for them). It's Iran that is being stubborn. I used to feel like they had the right to civilian nuclear energy (and I still do), but they aren't exactly being open about their activities, and their actions have been very antagonistic and counterproductive to diplomacy. It seems obvious why Israel would seek to prevent Iran from developing a weapons grade nuclear program.

I don't think Israel WANTS a war. But I think they feel one is inevitable. Their hope being that a conventional conflict would be a better outcome than a nuclear exchange. Unfortunately I think the latter would be a consequence of the former anyways

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

I sure do hope they use the flying boats.
Its funny to sit back and read thread after thread about the crap going on in the middle east. The art of propaganda is really taking a hit.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Israel can't win for losing.

Yes , Poor poor Israel.

They Have an Armed Armada of the Deadliest Fleet on their Doorstep.

Two Nuclear Nations waiting for a pin to drop.

Propaganda flowing against them with the Largest MSM outlets Vilifying them.

Nations walking out on them at the UN, and refusing Nuclear Talks.

No wait ...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
And 10 mins later 3-33 20 megaton warheads burst at 10,000 feet above Irans major citys, bye bye invasion plans hello stone-age Iran, just how there religious leaders, muppets that they are want it!

On the bright side they will get to meet Mohammed and Allah sooner than they think! LoL
edit on 23-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

What makes you think Israel will be able to respond after the attack. And if Israel were to respond with nukes they will be getting to heaven pretty quickly themselves because the rest of the world would come crashing down on them and then they could live out their biblical fantasies.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Red Cloak

"And if that happens World War III will begin and the USA will also see nukes being detonated over its cities. But then again, people like you that believe war is some kind of video game can't grasp such simple concepts as that."

Silly little lad, how presumptuous thou art! I am in no way advocating such acts, im just illustrating how it will go down IMHO.

Now move along little doggie and go bark at someone who bites back!

Your just illustrating how it will go down? Don't you have a runaway imagination...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

To be fair Israel has been doing the same thing through hired assassins as well and has admitted to funding terrorist cells.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Wow, that was alot more racist than I thought it would be. I'm suprised so many people gave you a star. It clearly shows the idiotic tendencies of most people on this forum.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sweden hasn't been in a war since 1814.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join